5th May 2006
14%
11th May 2006
14%
12th May 2006
50%

Total votes : 14

Apr 28, 2006
Hey XRW - can I book in two please? One very good bowler and the other a forest gump

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 29, 2006
Damm get back into the country and now find out I have to go on another trip and will miss the meet up :x :x
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 30, 2006
ok guys...
its the end of the month...and we have to settle on numbers...so who ever is going to be able to make it...please PM me...so i can put the final numbers/real names togeather and pass you my contact number...will also call up the bowling alley and book 3 or more lanes...depending on the final figures...one last thing...i am thinking we should get there by 5 pm...so gives us an early start and if people have plans later....they can disperse for that...let me know what you think of the timings and please get your PM in...wafaey hope you are in town then...
cheers
me
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 01, 2006
I am in too. If you guys have not made a final booking yet.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
hey guys
just a heads up on the meet and a reminder too...any others who are interested are most welcome to come and join in...pm me so i can pass my contact details....on another note...friday is a busy day for bowling...so lanes cannot be pre booked....me and a couple of other people are going to be there at 4...to ensure we at least have a couple of lanes...as the turn out is about 9 or 10 people....it should be fine....but please be there by 5 pm...or we are going to be too engrossed in the game to pass the buck to anyone else :lol: ...cya there!!....friday 12th may ...5 pm...
constantine

May 09, 2006
alright alright
the bowling meet draws near...and no i am not good at bowling...but hey its fun to do!!...so far the people who have confirmed thier attendance are
1> me
2>fayz
3>Wafaey
4>IMJ
5>Palkid7
6>Yshimy
7>Scarlet + partner
8>Liverpool4Ever

let me remind you...its going to by friday 12th of may at 5 pm...and since its a friday there are no garuntees with the lanes...but some of us will be going there earlier to try and hold some lanes down...but hey keep your fingers crossed and it will be fun anyhow!!...I have everyone's details and will contact them on 12th...or feel free to call me...anyone else interested...PM me by the end of thursday...so i can count them in
regards
me
constantine

May 09, 2006
Me and my hubby might be coming too. I need two more days to confirm for my hubby at least. Sorry!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
I hate everyone who voted for the 12th.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
C, hats off to you for taking the reigns of organizing this.

Might be a good idea to have a reserve activity, a feed at one of the restaurants near by perhaps, in case you are (touchwood) unlucky and don't get a lane.

Enjoy!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
Constantine, if my hubby can't come I should try to hitch a ride with you, if that is okay.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
I will be out of town on Friday so I will not be able to make the meet.

I hope that those attending will have fun.

Take some pictures and email them to me!! :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
thanks x...resturants any recommendations nearby?...so i can book a table perhaps...in fact feipo was saying we could drop by where she works so we can meet up with her...feipo is it really far from the thunderbowl area?...kanelli in most probability fayz is going to swing by my house to pick me up...which is in springs...i am sure its perfectly fine if we drive there togeather...and me and fayz were planning to go there a bit earlier...like 4...hope that is ok with you and hubby...
constantine

May 09, 2006
No worries mate. I would say Applebees, good range of food for everyone there. And walking distance from Thunder Bowl.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
Okay, I'll let you know. If hubby is coming, we have a car, if not then I need to mooch a ride with you and Fayz. Thanks! :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:No worries mate. I would say Applebees, good range of food for everyone there. And walking distance from Thunder Bowl.

Applebees is "walking distance"... :lol:

Hehehe... Apparently the heat and building humidity do not deter you from "suicide walks"... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
thanks x...will do that...and K no worries...you're more than welcome....
constantine

May 09, 2006
Liban wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:No worries mate. I would say Applebees, good range of food for everyone there. And walking distance from Thunder Bowl.

Applebees is "walking distance"... :lol:

Hehehe... Apparently the heat and building humidity do not deter you from "suicide walks"... :lol:

Nah, we should all just bring a change of clothes and have a bird bath in the restaurant washroom. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
Liban wrote:Hehehe... Apparently the heat and building humidity do not deter you from "suicide walks"... :lol:

I said it was walking distance, never said it was a walk in the park ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
can i come? :(
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 09, 2006
terranova
sure you can mate...pm me with your contact details...and you know the rest of the information...
constantine

May 10, 2006
Hey, C, cought a cold a few days ago, trying to get better, but it is impossible, coz every day i come to the office it is ALASKA or Siberia, so, not sure it i will be ok to come to play with you all.
Will do my best though.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
hey IMJ
No worries...hope you feel better...i am sure there will be other forum meets...
constantine

May 10, 2006
Wish I brought my bowling balls from Australia with me.

Scarlet has RSVP'd on my behalf - see you guys there.
^ian^

May 10, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Wish I brought my bowling balls from Australia with me.

It's not Dubai pro-am mate :)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
It's not Dubai pro-am mate

I haven't bowled properly in years, I'd probably do better with a house ball.
^ian^

May 10, 2006
i've bowled twice in my life...heavily under the influence of spurious liquids...i can vouch for the fact that it makes me aim so much better...i actually dont hit no gutter balls... :lol: ...afternoon beers before the game anyone?...hmm :lol:
constantine

May 10, 2006
Like playing pool, bowling definitely follows the bell curve of alcohol consumption.
^ian^

May 10, 2006
constantine wrote:i've bowled twice in my life...heavily under the influence of spurious liquids...i can vouch for the fact that it makes me aim so much better...i actually dont hit no gutter balls... :lol: ...afternoon beers before the game anyone?...hmm :lol:

i have also noticed that alcohol helps bowl better, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!...(....long sigh...). i want to be in dubai! :(
wannabe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2006
wannabe wrote:hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!...(....long sigh...). i want to be in dubai! :(

JLo is not coming here, so, why would u wanna be here?
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat