Is This Really Perverted And Dangerous....?

Topic locked
May 09, 2006
Broad shoulders, a nice 6-pack. Yum!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
Strong arms, good teeth, bright eyes, soft ears.

Ears are a big thing for many people.

What is it with guys and the calf muscles?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
A burkha for men is definitely needed - they are just too damn s.e.xy!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
Absolutely, the should be covered all over, so women aren't tempted to jump on them in a lustful frenzy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
By the way, the vast majorrity of Muslim women who cover up do this because they are happy about it, and there is no other man or woman who forced her.
And the ones in Turkey and Lebanon and various other countries who don't cover up are happy about it too no?

Women in the countries you mentionned do cover up also and they are very happy also... So whats your point?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
kanelli wrote:I love my husband's legs, and I nibble his neck, which he purrs over :D

OK, stop now... This is gross and nobody really cares what makes your husband "purr"... YUCKY!!! :pukeright:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Strong arms, good teeth, bright eyes, soft ears.
Ears are a big thing for many people.

You missed out wet nose and a waggy tail!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
Bugga i missed out on this thread, it has been one of the most interesting for a while, and certainly makes the top ten.

Clearly, i havent engaged and have taken the time to read the posts in detail.

I find so much i disagree with here and much more that i agree with. I am not going to attempt at this juncture to even attempt making comments on individual posts because so much has been said and it would be taken out of perspective.

However i would like to say to Chocs and K how wonderfully you both have worded and put your points across. I really cannot see how anyone could find dispute with the balanced, logical and fair way you have written.

I know i am going to get shot down (again) because it would appear i am taking sides. But i think some posters here, and you know who you are, would do well too maybe take time out, then come back and re-read your responses and maybe look at this thread again in its entireity.
arniegang

May 09, 2006
Liban wrote:
kanelli wrote:I love my husband's legs, and I nibble his neck, which he purrs over :D

OK, stop now... This is gross and nobody really cares what makes your husband "purr"... YUCKY!!! :pukeright:

Yeah, I'm sure you puke when you imagine my husband and I fooling around. We are such an unattractive couple. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 09, 2006
I'm afraid that like so many of the discussions between some of the strict followers of Islam and those who are not, it's a case of never the twain shall meet.

Quite honestly I could read the Quran a thousand times and study Islam till the cows came home but I don't think I could ever get to grips with a religion stipulating what a person should wear. To me, wear what you feel comfortable in and what you feel suits you, simple as that. I don't take offence at people covering up and I don't take offence with someone displaying some flesh (as long as it's not those hipsters on someone carrying a GoodYear round their midriff :D )

I think that's fair and reasonable. And, to get back to the original post, I find it ridiculous that anyone could feel a cuddle between two adults around a swimming pool of a hotel could traumatise children and should be stamped out.

For pity's sake, just stop trying to lure visitors to come here if their ways are so shocking, damaging and lascivious. That way no-one need be shocked to their foundations by a cuddling couple ever again.

Maybe then the pool areas could be converted to house liban's classes in How To Properly Conceal Your Naughty Bits :oops: !
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 10, 2006
totally agree with you GB
arniegang

May 10, 2006
Great post GB.

And yes if people are going to make such a big deal of little things, then maybe there should be segregated areas or even separate hotels. One for those who don't mind a small PDA and those who can't possible stand to see two people of opposite gender to touch one another.

But lets face it that's just daft.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 10, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure you puke when you imagine my husband and I fooling around. We are such an unattractive couple. :lol:

Why on Earth would I want to imagine you and your husband getting it on??? :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
:lol: I just love to yank your chain Liban. You take things so seriously! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 10, 2006
kanelli wrote::lol: I just love to yank your chain Liban. You take things so seriously! :lol:

:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
By the way Liban. Who is the cute little girl on your picture?

She didn't need to cover up though :D
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 10, 2006
Liban wrote:
sharewadi wrote:
By the way, the vast majorrity of Muslim women who cover up do this because they are happy about it, and there is no other man or woman who forced her.
And the ones in Turkey and Lebanon and various other countries who don't cover up are happy about it too no?

Women in the countries you mentionned do cover up also and they are very happy also... So whats your point?

I was talking about the Muslim women in those countries who are happy and don't cover up so much (also the ones you meet here from those countries). My point being that they are Muslim and happily wear what they chose to wear. And presumably are not viewed as fun objects any more or less than other women because of what they wear. Unless we come back to the weakness of men and how women need more covering so that men are less likely to see them as fun objects.

Or did I get that wrong :shock: ?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
When is this gonna stop. Yes, you got it wrong sharewadi.

Nobody is disrespecting those women (Muslim or not) who choose not to cover up. Nobody is entitled to judge them.

But where's your respect to Muslim women who choose to follow their religion's guidelines and cover up. Why do you keep insulting them? Why do you keep mentioning the fun objects issue.

Why are Christian nuns covering up? Why are religous Jewish women covering their hair (in a way), wearing long sleves and long skirts. For God's sake, haven't you seen them. Don't you recognize a common line?
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 10, 2006
MS wrote:But where's your respect to Muslim women who choose to follow their religion's guidelines and cover up. Why do you keep insulting them? Why do you keep mentioning the fun objects issue.
What? Liban started the fun objects thing if I remember correctly.

Why are Christian nuns covering up? Why are religous Jewish women covering their hair (in a way), wearing long sleves and long skirts. For God's sake, haven't you seen them. Don't you recognize a common line?
I presume they cover up because they choose to. Is there a problem with them covering up?

I have every respect for Muslim women (and men) who choose to cover up. And just as much respect for those who choose not to. I don't respect men of any faith who need women to cover up so they don't view them as fun objects. Sorry if that's not clear. Not sure which part of what I wrote is insulting to Muslim women though.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
Yes, that's the point. There is no problem whatsoever with them (Christians and Jews) covering up. You have to admit though, there is some sort of religous belief involved. The personal choice is definitely about wether to follow religion or not. Again, nobody is to blame.

OK, I backtrack on the insulting Muslim women part. But you are definitely insulting someone by claiming that it is the men who asked Muslim women to cover up.

It is God who asked them my friend.
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 11, 2006
MS wrote:But you are definitely insulting someone by claiming that it is the men who asked Muslim women to cover up.

:shock:
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 11, 2006
MS wrote:By the way Liban. Who is the cute little girl on your picture?

She didn't need to cover up though :D

In prayer it is what is supposed to be done.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
MS, Please do not include Christian Nuns in your analagies as the reason they cover up is for a different reason, we are not talking around average people when we talk about nuns.

Also I disagree with you on the men forcing women to cover up. In 90% of cases it is enforced by the families and husbands and has zero to do with the womans personal choice.

If a woman chooses to cover herslf as a sign of respect for her religion then fine, I accept that. But in the majority of cases this isn't what happens.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
Also I disagree with you on the men forcing women to cover up. In 90% of cases it is enforced by the families and husbands and has zero to do with the womans personal choice..

So you say...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Well put it this way Liban, I know a few local ladies and many of them have said the same, for them and their friends.

Some have said that initially they never used to cover up, but as soon as they got married, their husbands and the in-laws put pressure on them to do so, and so took away their personal choice.

Once again I'm not only giving my personal opinion here, but also expressing what I have learned from talking to these ladies, and to be honest do you think they'd talk to a man - a local man about? er no, not really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
Just because a few say so doesn't mean 90% of them are like that. :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
MS wrote:When is this gonna stop. Yes, you got it wrong sharewadi.

Nobody is disrespecting those women (Muslim or not) who choose not to cover up. Nobody is entitled to judge them.

But where's your respect to Muslim women who choose to follow their religion's guidelines and cover up. Why do you keep insulting them? Why do you keep mentioning the fun objects issue.

Yeah, most religions are patriarchal and oppress women when it comes to the issue of dress. What is so hard for you to understand about that perspective MS?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 11, 2006
K, because he's a guy! And a guy who obviously reinforces these things, so how can he possibly understand our perspective.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:K, because he's a guy! And a guy who obviously reinforces these things, so how can he possibly understand our perspective.

Many Muslim women (including those who are not veiled) will tell you that a woman who choses to wear the veil, without any hypocrasy, is undertaking in the most beautiful act possible.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:K, because he's a guy! And a guy who obviously reinforces these things, so how can he possibly understand our perspective.

Many Muslim women (including those who are not veiled) will tell you that a woman who choses to wear the veil, without any hypocrasy, is undertaking in the most beautiful act possible.

I'm not sure what you mean by "without any hypocrisy".

Yeah, it is a sunny day and as hot as hades, but I really look forward to going outside wearing a black sheet over my entire body. I'll just watch my husband and children swim in the pool and play soccer in the park in their bathing suits, shorts and t-shirts. :lol: Doesn't sound beautiful to me and I would never do it.

I still believe that a woman has a right to choose - so if there are women who are happy to dress this way, or allow themselves to be forced to dress this way by husbands or family etc., then that is their choice. I can respect that.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums