Villa Mates URGENTLY Wanted!!

Topic locked
May 03, 2006
I'll break out my violin to accompany all the whining.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 03, 2006
manofcolours wrote:KANELLI & LIBAN MUST BE INTROVERTED PRICKS!

Wow, you just joined the forum and you can make personality assessments already? Kiss my back bacon. :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 03, 2006
AFG wrote:Hey Kanelli you have got on my wrong side now - You seem to have too much time on your hand and reply to posts (with crap) where you have no expertise or interest! Do you want me to look for and site some examples - I just saw one today

Go ahead, please do cite some examples. I try my best to be helpful and have given links and advice to people. How do you know what my expertise and interests are? If I am doing such a crap job at giving advice, where are all your helpful posts?

Sometimes I have bad days and less patience - but I suppose you are perfect? For someone lecturing about manners you aren't practising what you preach.

I already explained that I didn't expect the thread to go nasty. I'm sorry for my sarcastic remark to Wolf_Austria. Now I just don't give a toss about anymore whining on this subject by anyone.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 03, 2006
kanelli wrote:
AFG wrote:Hey Kanelli you have got on my wrong side now - You seem to have too much time on your hand and reply to posts (with crap) where you have no expertise or interest! Do you want me to look for and site some examples - I just saw one today

Go ahead, please do cite some examples. I try my best to be helpful and have given links and advice to people. How do you know what my expertise and interests are? If I am doing such a crap job at giving advice, where are all your helpful posts?

Sometimes I have bad days and less patience - but I suppose you are perfect? For someone lecturing about manners you aren't practising what you preach.

I already explained that I didn't expect the thread to go nasty. I'm sorry for my sarcastic remark to Wolf_Austria. Now I just don't give a toss about anymore whining on this subject by anyone.

lol, why everyone is getting so defensive?
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
manofcolours wrote:KANELLI & LIBAN MUST BE INTROVERTED PRICKS!

Are you a professional on this subject?

Wow, Kanelli, we have a professional when it comes to pricks that are introverted... He must be living his dream life :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

You are right!! May 07, 2006
AFG and IMJ you both are completly right! If this forum wants to be of any help for anybody these people should stay away from it. If they dont they will ruin it over the time.
I think they see this forum as their playground and dont want to have new, help or advise seeking, people in here!! :evil:

By the way: all rooms have been taken and everything worked out perfect! :D

Wolf

AFG and IMJ: interested to come to the home-warming party? Send me a private mail!
Wolf_Austria
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: You are right!! May 07, 2006
Wolf_Austria wrote:AFG and IMJ you both are completly right! If this forum wants to be of any help for anybody these people should stay away from it. If they dont they will ruin it over the time.
I think they see this forum as their playground and dont want to have new, help or advise seeking, people in here!! :evil:

By the way: all rooms have been taken and everything worked out perfect! :D

Wolf

AFG and IMJ: interested to come to the home-warming party? Send me a private mail!

be careful with this kind of posts, lol, guys here might think u r trying to get some a$$, or that me and AFG want to give some, lol
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
IMJ wrote:have noticed that, yeah, you are very right there. Sometimes, ppl come here and ask for some help or advice and the whole topic turns into something totally different, where forum ppl just start discussing how they got that and this and how it was easy for them coz their companies helped them or how their experience was in Dubai and it does not make any difference to the one who was needing help.
It is pretty hard to make friends or find things, esp. accomodation here, and ppl get pretty frustrated and dissapointed. I realise that for the most of the expats things were easy, coz everything was provided and they cannot really help those who were not lucky enough, but for the ones who actually have to look for everything themselves life sucks at times in Dubai.

J, its not that people don't want to help but what are people expecting when they say "I am going to get this much, is it good enough, is it enough to live off?". How else are people suppose to answer other than relating it to personal experience? Maybe we can be harsh at times, but heck thats life. If you expect to be shelted and not have to face the mean old world then better to stay home and live with ur parents.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
IMJ wrote:have noticed that, yeah, you are very right there. Sometimes, ppl come here and ask for some help or advice and the whole topic turns into something totally different, where forum ppl just start discussing how they got that and this and how it was easy for them coz their companies helped them or how their experience was in Dubai and it does not make any difference to the one who was needing help.
It is pretty hard to make friends or find things, esp. accomodation here, and ppl get pretty frustrated and dissapointed. I realise that for the most of the expats things were easy, coz everything was provided and they cannot really help those who were not lucky enough, but for the ones who actually have to look for everything themselves life sucks at times in Dubai.

J, its not that people don't want to help but what are people expecting when they say "I am going to get this much, is it good enough, is it enough to live off?". How else are people suppose to answer other than relating it to personal experience? Maybe we can be harsh at times, but heck thats life. If you expect to be shelted and not have to face the mean old world then better to stay home and live with ur parents.

oh, i never complained about u guys not being helpful, i kinda realised it a while ago, when i was looking for a place myself.
and, that is what exactly i meant, there are different ppl in Dubai with different salaries and the ones who r more lucky to be getting good salaries and apts and cars provided cannot really help the others who were not that lucky. All u can do is say how u got this or that, but it is, of course, of no help for the person who is in need.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
IMJ wrote:oh, i never complained about u guys not being helpful, i kinda realised it a while ago, when i was looking for a place myself.
and, that is what exactly i meant, there are different ppl in Dubai with different salaries and the ones who r more lucky to be getting good salaries and apts and cars provided cannot really help the others who were not that lucky. All u can do is say how u got this or that, but it is, of course, of no help for the person who is in need.

Kinda looks like you perceive it as gloating?

I think if you have a look back over relevant posts the likes of Fayz, Liban, Gabs, Kanelli, Arnie, Dbxsoul, Constantine, Chocco, myself and anyone else who I've missed off the top of my head have actually not sat there and outright said "we get this and that" in response to a help question. Generally, it has been "too low" type responses and the "Search" one also seems to be popular of late.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
IMJ wrote:oh, i never complained about u guys not being helpful, i kinda realised it a while ago, when i was looking for a place myself.

Kinda looks like you perceive it as gloating?

I think if you have a look back over relevant posts the likes of Fayz, Liban, Gabs, Kanelli, Arnie, Dbxsoul, Constantine, Chocco, myself and anyone else who I've missed off the top of my head have actually not sat there and outright said "we get this and that" in response to a help question. Generally, it has been "too low" type responses and the "Search" one also seems to be popular of late.

do not know about gloating, but sometimes, when ppl post questions here some forum members just start some kind of a shit with them for no reason.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
IMJ, I usually get annoyed when people come to the forum and post things like,

"What is Dubai like - can women drive cars and dress like they normally dress?"

"Can a man and woman who are not married live together?"

"How do I find a job in Dubai?"

"Where can I live that is close to Dubai Internet City?"

Seriously, these questions are common and have been covered before. You can literally see people joining (shown as the last member to join) and they post within minutes of being here - without researching anything. If you want to move to a place, read some articles, books, info web sites, and use the search function when you are researching on a forum. When some of regular forum members don't reply to threads that we think are pointless or already covered, or we write something like "Use the Search function" we get jumped on as rude on unhelpful.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 07, 2006
I agree.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
Which is exactly the reason why we hold back or limit our response to tongue in cheek remarks. I've lost count of times when people have been asked for more specific info relating to their question, so people can get a better understanding of the situation and therefore provide better advice. Then these one post wonders either ignore it or come back saying we haven't been helpful.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
Liban wrote:I agree.

You know I'm saving all of these for posterity :lol:

:P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 07, 2006
kanelli wrote:IMJ, I usually get annoyed when people come to the forum and post things like,

"What is Dubai like - can women drive cars and dress like they normally dress?"

"Can a man and woman who are not married live together?"

"How do I find a job in Dubai?"

"Where can I live that is close to Dubai Internet City?"

Seriously, these questions are common and have been covered before. You can literally see people joining (shown as the last member to join) and they post within minutes of being here - without researching anything. If you want to move to a place, read some articles, books, info web sites, and use the search function when you are researching on a forum. When some of regular forum members don't reply to threads that we think are pointless or already covered, or we write something like "Use the Search function" we get jumped on as rude on unhelpful.

I understand that, and do not think it is a bad things to just say search it in the forum, however, sometimes some of the guys here start making some smart a$$ remarks, which i think is just wrong.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2006
That's true IMJ. We shouldn't do it, but we aren't perfect. On the whole, most people are helpful here.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 07, 2006
kanelli wrote:That's true IMJ. We shouldn't do it, but we aren't perfect. On the whole, most people are helpful here.

Infact i think they are more than just helpful they are very friendly too.
I'm glad that i found this forum. :D :D :D
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2006
Thank you Wafaey - and thanks for sticking around long enough to get to know us before writing us off :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 08, 2006
IMJ wrote:I understand that, and do not think it is a bad things to just say search it in the forum, however, sometimes some of the guys here start making some smart a$$ remarks, which i think is just wrong.

J, u sure u haven't made a smart arse comment on here before?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
IMJ wrote:I understand that, and do not think it is a bad things to just say search it in the forum, however, sometimes some of the guys here start making some smart a$$ remarks, which i think is just wrong.

J, u sure u haven't made a smart arse comment on here before?

if someone is trying to be smart with me, i do that too, but not when someone is like, i need a place to stay and i say something silly, i'd rather just not post anything in that case
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai