Emirates Islamic Bank Credit Card - Promises Not Fulfilled

Topic locked
Emirates Islamic Bank credit Card - Promises not fulfilled Oct 24, 2008
I have had terrible experience using EIB credit card. First and foremost, they don't send statements on time. I always have to check my statement online to see my transactions. As per their offer they were to credit 40K airmiles and till date (6 months since I got my card) they have not credited the airmiles. They claim that every AED 1 spent you get 1 Skyward airmile but I have never got more than 8K airmiles a month inspite of spending upwards of 15K every month on their card.

They charge AED 800 as monthly fee which they reverse immediately. Can't figure out why do they need to charge if they have to reverse the fees.

Be wary of EIB's credit card and it's promises.

wp7200
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 25, 2008
Did u contact them and asked for an explanation?
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 26, 2008
I have lodged complaints on the phone and by a written letter. I have the complaint number but no response. Every time a different person picks up the phone and assures me someone will get back (this symptom is common in Standard Chartered also) and no one gets back. My complaint is pending for more than 3 months.
wp7200
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 27, 2008
I know it's a bit little too late to answer your post .

The booklet that comes with the credit card explains everything and is pretty much clear and obvious.

The bonus miles you'd get is a promotional offer and is for a limited time only, unfortunately for me i registered for my card after the promotional offer has ended and i could not avail my bonus skyward miles nor the egate offer. after all it was my mistake.

second thing you'd notice is that you have a maximum limit for skywards miles every month, for a gold credit card the maximum miles you could get is 4000, that is if your total purchase for the month is AED 4000 or above. for platinum credit cards the maximum is 13000 miles.

I've had no problem with not getting my monthly miles, i usually spend more than 13K every month and i get the same exact amount of 13K every month, i check them on skywards website, they usually update it on 16th of every month. I'm pretty happy with it, but i only wish they could increase the miles limit.

I've only had trouble activating my platinum card, as they said it was temporarily blocked, i was wondering why it was blocked, i just got it from the empost office and i never used it. that alone took them a week to fix since it was holidays season, and i had to use my other credit card for hotel reservations and other matters.

Other than that, i have no complaints about the product nor the service, the call service answer the phone quickly and are well knowledgeable, sometimes the system doesn't log my credit card number and the agent asks me to re-call them again so the CC# is logged properly into their systems, which is annoying, but it's fine, it happens in the most prestigious banks everywhere !
ellla
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 14, 2009
I got the details from Emirates Islamic Bank post my cancellation of the card.

The surprising thing is that I would be one of their big customer (atleast I would like to think so, with spends of atleast 15-20K per month and clearing the payment without any roll over) and they didn't even try to find out why was I canceling the card.

The deal as far as I can understand is as follows

1. You get 40K airmiles during the promo period (I had subscribed during the promo period)
2. There are slabs for crediting air miles.
4K- 8K spends : 4K air miles
8K - 12K spends : 8K air miles
12K - 16 K spends : 12 K air miles
> 16K spends : air miles capped at 16K
3. Every month a charge of AED 800 is levied and then credited back

I came to know about all this only after I went through the book which I did not read initially.
wp7200
Dubai Expat Wannabe

The worst service ever Mar 25, 2009
I have never seen a bank with a worse service
I enrolled with their credit card since July 08
I got the bonus miles
But I do not get the statement regularly
I tried to get online access ... but they never sent the SMS

I called like 20 times telling the story every time ....
And since Nov 08 .. I do not get any miles

they promise that someone will call ... and noone ever calls or correct the situation

I have 4 other credit cards but by far this is the worst service

Not recommended at all

M
moray
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 15, 2009
Hey People I work for Barclays Bank...If you all still need a credit card we have some really exciting promotions going on at the moment. You can call me on 0504742147 for further information...and trust me we will give you excellent service...
Loveleen
Loveleen
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Jun 03, 2014
sir, my company owner did a fraud with me he used my credit card of Rs. 19,000 by harrasment when he tried to sign bank application, i refused and he gave me threats then i get shelter with my friends and file a case in labor court but he did not come and left the country by taking my passport. now, bank is calling me for the payment of credit card and i have no money to pay. any one can tell me what i do. and also tell me when bank send my name in immigeration for stop. only 10 days late for due payment its 1st payment. kindly guid me what i do.

--- Jun 03, 2014 ---

when a bank send a name to immigration to stop.it means whe how many payments late?
rik0900
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined May 24, 2016
they send cards to people without asking for it ,this is a trick and shame for such a bank to do so ,they will claim its free but thats not true ,you will be charged and they will add interest if you dont pay ,they will call everyday for the payment which for you is not right !! don't accept any cards just return them
nocredit
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list