Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant

Topic locked
Suggestion on a nice restaurant Jul 11, 2007
Hi guys,

Am looking for a restaurant to have a nice romantic dinner for a special occasion. Will be very thankful if you guys can make some suggestions. I am lookin for a place with a good view and also nice food (preferably chinese or indian food). I like the place VU (Emirates towers) but it only serves italian and also lil on the higher side. Am lookin at something lil less expensive than VU. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Cheers,

dAdRuId

dadruid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 11, 2007
I always like Beach Combers in the Jumeriah beach hotel. Its situated outside of the hotel in the grounds and has an indoor and outdoor section.

Fantastic views of the Burj al Arab as it is right in front of you and the restaurant is right on the beach.

Food is great and they do a Thai style buffet. Really great place.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 11, 2007
cu
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2007
That would probably be you M! But seeing you don't like fat chicks you'd better stop taking your dates there.

To the OP: So Chos in Dubai Marine is on the water, any of the restaurants at Madinat Jumeirah and there is a chinese private one on the waterfront in the hotel there Mina Salam
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 15, 2007
Vus is sadly an absolute rip off. You will leave hungry, after spending a thousand dirhams. Fine food, minute portions, extortionate prices.

For somewhere reasonably priced with great food and water views (probably too hot to sit on the terrace now) I recommend Noodle House at the Madinat. Plus it's Chinese food.

My all time favourite restaurant is the Summer Place Chinese (another Chinese!) at the Metropolitan. It's one of the oldest restaurants here, and as a result somehow feels more "real". Food is generally very good, the staff are lovely, and it's licensed for bork and booze. It's also quite intimate, being a bit removed from the rest of the city. I like to sit by the window (specify this when you book) and imagine the lights on Sheikh Zayed Road that one can see through the trees are boats on a river. Or something. I love it anyway.

For a really ubercool, intimate Indian, I recommend Thattakuada (Keralite cuisine) at the Palm something hotel on Bank Street, Bur Dubai. Very spicy food but lovely, and the booze is quite cheap. The restaurant is just like a little beach restaurant, and you can even imagine the lights of bank street are ships on the sea ;) This truly is one of Dubai's hidden gems, I don't think even Time Out has reviewed it in my memory.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 16, 2007
I like Ninas in the One and Only!

Pre dinner drinks on the roof top!

Fabulous Indian food at Ninas.... sumptuous interior design.

Followed by a shesha in The Court and a walk along the beach to finish!

Romantic, cute, lots of different venues to prevoke conversation!

Had a thought maybe I should start a dating agency! :idea: :idea:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 16, 2007
secretdubai wrote:My all time favourite restaurant is the Summer Place Chinese (another Chinese!) at the Metropolitan.

Also located in the Metropolitan is 'Fish Bazaar' - the Thai seafood restaurant.
IMO, it is still one of Dubai's best kept secrets.

If you are remotely keen on seafood, you must check this place out. The selection, the quality, the different cooking methods AND the price is un-bloody-believable!

The eat-all-you-can buffet night makes other hotel's 'fish nights' pale in comparison...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

depands Jul 23, 2007
its all depands what you like it
rajajang
Dubai Forums Member

Romantic Restaurant May 13, 2008
I have recently started using a site called www.menupages.ae

This is a great site. I did an advanced search on Romantic and went to Bice at Hilton Jumeirah. This was a great restaurant. It was perfect! The service , the ambiance, the food, everything was perfect.

Definitely check out the place and the website!
foodie007
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 16, 2008
I really enjoyed DA SHI DAI...nice view outside as well.
Real value for money.

http://www.da-shi-dai.ae/
dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

Re: Suggestion on a nice restaurant Jun 17, 2010
Restaurants furniture plays a significant part in the success or failure of an establishment. When someone decides to open a new restaurant and has to buy restaurant furniture, he or she goes to a restaurant furniture supply company to see what is available.

Restaurant booths || Restaurant banquettes
niliven
BANNED

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Nov 11, 2010
the P.S chang in moe is pretty good
deepa2010
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Nov 17, 2014
Hey dadruid,

I suggest, Search in Yellowpages.ae for any doubt regarding Restaurants stuff. Over there you will get the full restaurant list with contact details.
aazim
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Aug 13, 2015
yeah www.menupages.ae this website helps you to get the best place and deal
Muzzo
Dubai Forum User

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Sep 07, 2015
I would like to suggest you try Hardees. It is one of the best fast food restaurant in UAE. It is famous for its burgers.
ElinaMatts
Dubai Forums Member

undefined Sep 13, 2015
Found a list of Top 10 Restaurants in Dubai..... Hope this might help you. http://goo.gl/A222Yg check this website.
azulfi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Oct 25, 2015
Burj Khalifa! The restaurants are amazing!
markevans
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Feb 25, 2016
It depends on the choice what type of food someone likes
jandesigner01
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Feb 28, 2016
well my suggestion is holidays beach. its awesome restaurant plus club. its at ajman corniche beach. :)
girlsservice
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Suggestion On A Nice Restaurant Mar 01, 2016
Last weekend my husband and I explored the Downtown Dubai area. Next to the Dubai Mall - on the right side facing the entrance of the Fashion Parking - is the Grand Cafe. It is a wonderful Lebanese restaurant with a lovely terrace that gives you an excellent view over the city. The food in the restaurant is good, and the portions are even better.
expatindubai
Dubai Forum Guest

expatindubai wrote:
Last weekend my husband and I explored the Downtown Dubai area. Next to the Dubai Mall - on the right side facing the entrance of the Fashion Parking - is the Grand Cafe. It is a wonderful Lebanese restaurant with a lovely terrace that gives you an excellent view over the city. The food in the restaurant is good, and the portions are even better.

How much its cost to you??
girlsservice
Dubai Expat Wannabe

girlsservice ,

approx 300 Dhs
expatindubai
Dubai Forum Guest

oohhh ok.... i will surely go there :)
girlsservice
Dubai Expat Wannabe