DF Members Recommended Travel Websites

Topic locked
DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Jan 29, 2008
Recommended sites by DF Members ought to be more reliable than "commercially" advertised websites. Here we can list the recommended sites (subject to moderation and deletion of 'spam' posts of course)

Here is the first one:

craigindubai wrote:We did Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand in April last year. Over Easter if I recall correctly. Absolutely loved every second of it. Cambodia is not to be missed!!!

FWIW, I used two websites to book all of my accomodation. Both were fantastic. Good reviews and pretty accurate in the info they provided as far as I could see. Best thing was that you couls actually look up both and compare rates against each other. Well worth doing as there was significant variations.

www.asiarooms.com

www.wired-destinations.com

Rate them both highly. Also used tripadvisor.com to get a bit of "independent" feedback.

It will help the other members if the poster tells a little bit about their experiences. Otherwise a simple list of the site might meet with Mod's wrath and be deleted as "spam".

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2008
- Wikitravel : quite usefull information , but might be a little outdated (cant rely on all prices)
-Man in seat 61 : Great source for train travel. Accurate information about routes, but booking prices might be higher than other sources.
-Lonely Planet Forum :Very active and helpful community
-Travel Independent : Everything about independent traveling and the links page is the most complete source of travel information
-Couch Surfing : Hospitality website for home stays. great way to find locals
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2008
spoonman wrote:- Wikitravel : quite usefull information , but might be a little outdated (cant rely on all price)
-Man in seat 61 : Great source for train travel. Accurate information about routes, but booking prices might be higher than other sources.
-Travel Independent : Everything about independent traveling and the links page is the most complete source of travel information

Wow, that seat61 site had some amazing tours. I wish I could go on a 40 week tour! Maybe in a few years!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2008
Concord wrote:
spoonman wrote:- Wikitravel : quite usefull information , but might be a little outdated (cant rely on all price)

Wow, that seat61 site had some amazing tours. I wish I could go on a 40 week tour! Maybe in a few years!

40 weeks is quite enough for a round the world trip.
I'm thinking about trans-siberian train from moscow-Ulan Batar-Beijing for this summer.
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2008
www.Tripadvisor.com - always use this before booking a hotel
www.hotelclub.net - some of the best rates I have found
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 29, 2008
Travel Jungle is a flight booking aggregator with good prices.
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 30, 2008
http://www.kayak.com --> another good aggregator for flights, hotels, etc ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 10, 2008
It is a nice forum it is very useful to all who has to visit Dubai. Thank you for this forum to giving a best guidance.
Edward
raytray
Dubai Forum Guest

Flights back home Jan 23, 2009
I was searching around for tickets to fly home in March yesterday and musafir (dot com that is) had a great deal.
MichelleWilliams
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 04, 2009
If you want a site with detailed information on a lot of interesting places world-wide, have a look at www.visit-the-world.co.uk .
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2009
www.visit-wales.co.uk has information on several places in Wales. Tenby in Pembrokeshire is a beautiful little place, surrounded by greenery and a rugged coastline which is a National Park. That's found on www.visittenby.com
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 08, 2009
www.visit-qatar.com has a fair bit of info on Qatar , just up the road from Dubai.
Is Doha an interesting place? The Corniche looks nice.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 16, 2009
Hi,

There is more information on visit-dubai.co.uk now.
Visit-the-world.co.uk interlinks a lot of sites with global information.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dubai Dependable Tour Guides Aug 15, 2009
Websites you can find dependable tour guides for a unique and tailor-made Dubai sightseeing.

UAEFTG - United Arab Emirates Federation of Tourist Guides
OurExplorer - Independent tour guides in Dubai and UAE
OurExplorerTour
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Aug 27, 2010
Hey I wanted to tell you about a new website launching in 2011 which will be great fun and educational for children all over the world!
Odd and Izzi the two main characters will inspire children to learn about different cultures, play geographical games and view beautiful images.
Check out the Oddizzi holding page now and register
oddizzi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Sep 06, 2010
Here are:
Dubai Travel Magazine: http://www.dubaitravelmag.com

Dubai Chronicle - Hospitality page: http://www.dubaichronicle.com/category/business/hospitality

Dubai Chronicle - Travel page http://www.dubaichronicle.com/category/life/travel
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites May 08, 2013
All of the above sites are really usefull.

Thanks

www.wagib.com
Judij
BANNED

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Jun 04, 2013
Travel to Malaysia's Sepang Goldcoast. I visited last December and saved over 60% from the hotel price by going to www.goldenpalmdirect.com

You can compare prices from Agoda and you'll find that the Golden Palm Direct website is much cheaper. Its a fantastic 5 star resort, comprising villas on the sea.
Sunshine69
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Jun 04, 2013
The price is very tooooo much, thanks
Judij
BANNED

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Justrock
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Jun 06, 2014
Dear All,

Good Day.

Providing a good opportunity if you are looking to hire a luxury car on Hourly, daily monthly or yearly basis, We offer luxury / economy chauffeur drive, executive transfers, airport transfers /pickups yacht charter, Stretch Limo or Rolls Royce to go for official meetings, or for personal shopping etc. We cover all UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, etc.. on best rates.

Do not hesitate to contact for more details.If you cannot get through from mob kindly send email on tbrkh25@gmail.com , you will get prompt response.

Regards,

Mr Tahir

Mob: +971-508226671

Whatsapp: +971-508226671
Tbr2008
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Aug 01, 2014
You Are Great!!!!!!
ramkeshplt
Dubai Forum User

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Aug 01, 2014
:) thank u... can email me if u dont get any response on phone.. will get prompt response on email.. Cheers... :)
Tbr2008
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Nov 29, 2015
www.CityDubai.com My recommendation is here :)

www.CityDubai.com
Giviko
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: DF Members Recommended Travel Websites Aug 26, 2016
Nice recommendations !
flyn
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around