Dubai Athletics

Topic locked
Dubai Athletics Jan 05, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am a Dubai resident since 7 years now, and also an ex national sprinter; i have noticed that residents in Dubai can not practice/train for athletics/track and field competition due to lack of clubs, coaches and fields.
I am currently working on launching the first commercial club, with high level international coaches that can help kids, and seniors in developing athletics skills and potential as well as competing in local and international meetings.
Anyone interested?

Dubai Athletics

DubaiAthletics
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dubai Athletics Mar 24, 2012
i think playing sports like football can improve ur athletism...
Jamesmathew04
Dubai Expat Wannabe

it definetly can :)

--- Mar 24, 2012 ---

yes i would be very interested do tell me more :)
Ronpaul3121
Dubai Forum Guest

i play almost everytn, kinda lik a jack of all trades but i love playing football the most and if i dont find time to play then im in front of the tv watching matches
ahmed007
Dubai Forum Guest

v.true!! Football is the game to play..fun to watch and play...and champions league quarter final starts on 27th..
rafehiggo
Dubai Forum Guest

yess looking forward to it barca and milan

--- Mar 24, 2012 ---

rafehiggo , any idea about the other teams that would be playing
Ronpaul3121
Dubai Forum Guest

i am a real madrid supporter..wish i could see one more el classico in the finals :D

--- Mar 24, 2012 ---

teams to watch out is chelesa,bayern munich,ac milan,real madri and barcelona
rafehiggo
Dubai Forum Guest

oh thats great :)
Ronpaul3121
Dubai Forum Guest

Ruud van Nistelrooy was always my favourite...check this video of him and patrick Veira..nothing like u have seen before

http://bit.ly/GNCEE6
rafehiggo
Dubai Forum Guest

Neat video a must watch :)

--- Mar 24, 2012 ---

Excellent Theme and performance
Ronpaul3121
Dubai Forum Guest

Greek Soldiers,angels and the legends together..enjoyed the video...
ahmed007
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai Athletics Aug 13, 2012
Hello "Dubai athletics", I should be soon in Dubai and I'm a national pole vaulter and an athletics coach (and also a physical trainer for many sports like football, rugby, golf, etc...). So as you can imagine, I'm much more than interested! Is there some news about a club?
olivoliv
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Athletics Aug 16, 2012
Fantastic idea! I swear I was about to ask if there was a club exactly for this purpose. I'm an amateur sprinter (14 years old). I want to improve my skill but I don't know any places to do so. If I could recommend something, try and make the location in the centre of Dubai so it can be easily accessible to everyone.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Athletics Sep 05, 2012
Yes! Absolutely!
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai Athletics Sep 28, 2012
thanks for your interest, i advise you all to join this facebook page, i will start updating you on the next steps there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dubai-Ath ... 2681883765
DubaiAthletics
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Feb 02, 2014
are you still searching for track and field coaches? I am a level 5 coach (level 7 in the european qualification system (master level) in The Netherlands (more than 30 years experience as a coach on national and international level. Last week, my wife and I visited Dubai (Arab health exhibition) and I was enthousiastic about the city and the friedly people. I am very curious about the possibilies to provide track and field training in Dubai.
johntmj
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Athletics Feb 02, 2014
johntmj , You sound very qualified, there are sometimes openings in prestigious schools over here looking for PE coaches, ie. Job security however depends on which school.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

undefined Feb 10, 2014
DubaiAthletics ,hi iam interest very much...iam from cyprus.i was ex sprinter.i run 3 olympic games.european medalist,mediteranean games 4 medals.sprinter coach national cyprus team.....work also football teams in cyprus...first division.THANK YOU....

--- Feb 11, 2014 ---

Iam anninos ....i didnt get any answear or more informatios..thank u...
anninos
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Athletics Feb 25, 2014
Opening a club would be amazing! Im 15 years old and i train long jump. Id like to have a qualified coach though
theiordanov
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Feb 26, 2014
http://suna.e-sim.org/lan.1932/

Come and join UAE country through this link and help your country to conquer the arabian peninsula. (Very attractive strategic online game)
dowis24
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Mar 27, 2014
DubaiAthletics ,

Hi did this take off - where do you all meet ? Can you send me more details, or post an advert with number / email etc so I can get in touch. My daughter is hoping to get back ito Athletics she has a lot of talent just needs the right guidance.

thanks (urgent)

--- Mar 27, 2014 ---

johntmj , are you here in dubai now or were you just visiting? we could potentially be loking for a coach for our daughter.

--- Mar 27, 2014 ---

prowheels , this is 1/2 the problem, the location of the only club that does exist (that i know of) is all the way in barsha, we live in mirdiff and it starts at 5pm (which isn't suitable for my working hours)

any suggestions?
rcharles
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Athletics Apr 15, 2015
We have just arrived in Dubai and have joined our 2 kids up with Ultimate Athletics based at Dubai Sport City. Have been very impressed so far.
dubayhi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Athletics Apr 20, 2015
Yes that would be a good idea
designdigitaldxb
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Sports ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Sports Forum