Breakfast.

Topic locked
Breakfast. Oct 18, 2012
Of late, I've noticed a change in Beth's eating habits.

We've moved on from baby porridge and soft boiled egg and soldiers, ate our way through numerous Kellogg's multiple packs and boxes upon boxes of Kellogg's Coco pops. We've tried instant porridge ( I don't know why, as I make the real thing every morning during the winter) and finally settled on toast and marmite. It's been toast and marmite for a couple of years now until a couple of weeks ago.

Looking back to when I was a child, my mother was a rubbish cook. My sister and I were often fed baked beans for breakfast, I think this passed as a cooked breakfast in her eyes. As I couldn't face baked beans when I woke up they were left till I was ready to leave home. They ( the beans) had been warmed a few times by this stage and by the time I was sat down to eat, you could cut them with a knife and fork.

After returning from Dubai recently, I made Beth the usual toast and was informed that she didn't eat toast any more. She now eats some cereal with dried fruit. It's dried till you add milk then the dried strawberries become plump, like proper fruit. It looks mingin to me. Since i've been proper grown up Ive been a porridge girl, or weetabix in the summer days ( 2, this year).

I've known people eat pizza for breakfast and cold curry. My eldest daughter used to swear by a Big Mac as a hangover cure.

What's your favourite breakfast or what will you admit to eating in the morning?

Please keep it clean :D

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Breakfast. Oct 18, 2012
Fruit only...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Most mornings it is a mixture of fresh fruit.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I always thought every English person had beans on toast for breakfast.

During the week one banana and two fruitkicks or sultana's. I usually take it with me on route to work. On Saturdays I like to have breakfast between 9am and 10am at a chain store voor one Euro. They have an egg/bacon sandwitch, a croissant and a coffee. It is more of a social event to keep in touch with the locals. It is also a great opportunity to keep up to date about cow and crop prices. After that I have coffee with pensioners at a coffee shop (a real one, not a cover for weed trade), where I have to listen to the same stories almost every week. But I like it. On Sunday I have fish, sometimes raw.

In Israel we go out for breakfast. They make great breakfasts there, a real treat. We recently discovered humus with fool from Uzi. The guy is a living legend!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman ,

Well you are not far wrong, however you have to consider that my Wife is Ghanaian and also she is very much into a healthy diet, so we both do our best to keep our lives going in the right way.
You also have to consider that a lot of the fruits that we eat we grow ourselves (Oranges, Pinapple, Papaya, Coconut)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Breakfast. Oct 19, 2012
We never go out for breakfast in the UK, it just isn't done where I live. Maybe in the city's but not here. That's why I love Dubai, it's so different from the usual. I always go out for breakfast on a Friday.
We used to go to Pain Le Quotidien (I think that's how it's spelt) but coffee is served in cups without handles, I don't like that, and it's very busy so we've found a new place. We always go upstairs in the summer and you can see the sea. In the winter we sit outside.
It's a lovely place with good food and Italian coffee. The only draw back is the manager. He insists on calling my friend 'boss'.
My friend doesn't like it and has taken to ignoring the manager when he says 'morning Boss'. That makes me feel uncomfortable. It will end in tears one day. :cry:

--- Oct 19, 2012 ---

What's up with beans on toast?

--- Oct 19, 2012 ---

FlyingDutchman wrote: After that I have coffee with pensioners at a coffee shop (a real one, not a cover for weed trade), where I have to listen to the same stories almost every week. But I like it. On Sunday I have fish, sometimes raw.

In Israel we go out for breakfast. They make great breakfasts there, a real treat. We recently discovered humus with fool from Uzi. The guy is a living legend!

It's the same for Sunday lunch (often served at 5.30pm) with us FD. My dad comes round and tells the same stories every other week. It's good fun though. I love stories from the olden days!!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Hi guys ...

Really nice talking about breakfast and also really nice above comments, guys, i also want to say something about this topic, in breakfast i like to eat some, fresh juice and some fresh foods, because, fresh juice and foods is really good and very beneficial, etc...

restaurants gold coast
Harry20
Dubai Forum Guest

^my favourite juice is orange and it has to be straight out of the fridge. I'm having a glass now. Coffee and juice first thing every morning without fail. :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Breakfast. Oct 20, 2012
Well , Usually some creme cheeze with some slice bread and some tea , or Cereals (Frosties) and Milk , If I have time maybe a cheeze omelette , Favorite breakfast would be t-bone steak well done with mashed potatoes and garlic bread , though I have to eat that in an expensive restaurant and then not eat anything for a few days
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Garlic bread for breakfast? I bet you're popular!
I only eat garlic bread with spaghetti bolognaise or with a BBQ. I don't make my own but buy it from our local Aldi, I think it's about 78p for two garlic French sticks. I put think in the oven for 10 minutes and they go down a treat.
I've been known to forget that they are in the oven if I'm on the Chardonnay. If you leave them for 24 hours in the oven, they resemble charcoal.
BTW, I'm not in the habit of leaving the cooker on, I have one which is on 24/7, it's a coal fired Rayburn.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

I had three eggs, two liters of water and 5 coffee for breakfast. Eveybody looked a bit strange at me, as the main choice for the folks around here was between a Corona or a Guiness for breakfast.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

I smell a hangover FD!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Women and their intuition! Why do they have to be right all the time?
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Breakfast. Oct 21, 2012
Beer Fear FD. Read it and weep :D

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Breakfast. Aug 19, 2013
I like fruits and a glass of milk in breakfast.
Jerrijoi
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Breakfast. Dec 15, 2013
Me and my friend eat a huge amount for breakfast, usually from one of our favorite restaurants. My favorite breakfast is from Circle Café – the Big Breakfast. It’s two eggs sunny side up, beef sausage, turkey bacon, hash browns, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, cooked white beans, bagel, small fresh juice and tea for 50AED/meal. http://circle-cafe.com/?p=home/breakfast. Is there anyone else here who has tried this restaurant?
abriannerossi
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Breakfast. Dec 18, 2013
A cup of strong coffee with buttered whole grain toast
sheza
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Breakfast. Dec 28, 2013
During the week I stick to toasted bread and cheese, juices and coffee; sometimes I pick up breakfast bagels from Tim Horton; during the weekends a full blown brunch or English breakfast.
BudW
Dubai Forum User

Re: Breakfast. Jan 02, 2014
I'm in to porridge at the moment!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Breakfast. Jan 02, 2014
BMreformed ,
Must be a real mess at your place :-)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules