How To Drop An Absconding Case

Topic locked
how to drop an absconding case Jan 17, 2012
Dear all,

I was working in Dubai and while I was on leave I’ve submitted my resignation, I sent all the company’ properties except my passport for visa Cancellation, they gave me two months to do so, but I didn't meet the deadline, so they reported me absconding,

The very next week I tried to Contact the HR to solve this problem, I wanted to send my passport, but they never wanted to receive it....

What can I do? Someone said you need to open a case against the company, others said nothing you can do,

in UAE they used to have in immigration law, condition # 126 says; if you were reported absconding and it shows that you are out of the country for more than six months, the case will be dropped automatically. Is that still valid?
What options I still have? I need to get this issue sort it ASAP but no idea how

dubai20077
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Jan 21, 2012
Yes, after 6 months, any absconding case against you will be dropped. But if you want to give it a fight, you can always open a case. But you will need time and money for this. Not at all worth the try.
IBCstudio
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Jan 22, 2012
Perfect so I have been out of UAE for about 9 months ...I can just apply for visit visa ...no issues will be at the airport ?
dubai20077
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Jan 24, 2012
Sure.
IBCstudio
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Aug 02, 2012
As far as I know, absconding case is not automatically removed even you have been out, it has to be fixed between you and employer.
Michelle3
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Sep 30, 2012
hi, i am here in dubai for last one year. now i have realised that company put me as absconding.when the labour officer called both of us for talking she was saying one year back i went to india and stayed for 5 months without the permission. bt i came after that. now one year is finished. they can make the absconding case now regarding that thing.? and can i object on this.?
dubaiguy777
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Oct 01, 2012
Go and speak to the labour department. The longer you leave it, the more trouble you're getting yourself into.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Oct 06, 2012
hey, now problem came into different way. both of us ( me and employer) met in fron of labour officer jafza. according to them they are saying i dont have any right to object becoz i was in india for more than 7 days on that time. i objected them by saying that happnd one year back. bt still they are saying no ways to get out from this. only way is they need a letter from my employer . bt that lady wont give that. ihave a doubt, if i go to india, will i get life ban? if yes, is this apply for all the gcc countries.? and there is any chance to come back here >> ?plz help me ...
dubaiguy777
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Oct 06, 2012
Again, you'd need to speak to the Labour department and Immigration regarding that. If that's their decision, there's not alot you can do about it unfortunately.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Nov 07, 2012
hi i have a same case can u please advise me what do i have to do.

many thanks
dubai20077 ,
mickzilanosa
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Aug 22, 2013
i'm outside dubai as of now. how will you know that you have an absconding case?
luise88
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Sep 25, 2013
I'v been 6 years from my company, but before my visa expires I resigned and it was acknowledged. When they went for cancellation they come to know that i have a Bank Cheque Case so they ask me to fixed the problem. I went to police station and fixed the problem. I have been in jail for 2 month but when i came out and went direct to office, the company told me that they already filed absconding case against me. Please help me how to remove the absconding as i was in jail and i didnt abscon. I resigned but due of the cheque case, i was in jail when my visa expires. Our HR Manager told me to go Al Awir Immigration but I am scared that they may put me again in jail and send me back home, please advice me what to do, where to go and how to remove the absconding case.Many thanks & God bless
Brightlight77
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: how to drop an absconding case Nov 19, 2013
i would just like to ask if the previous company terminated you because they close down and cancelled you already do they have the right to fill an absconding case? I have found a job already and just waiting for my visa but the extenison of my cancelled visa will due before i can even get my new visa. kindly help me understand please
pong
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 16, 2013
hi, i have been declare absconding by my previous employer. i was already cancelled by them but i did not left the country as i was using my 30 days remaining after cancellation. i did not left the country when the 30 days runs out because i was already waiting for the processing of my working visa from my new company. i found out that i was absconding when my new company was already processing my visa in immigration that i was blacklisted because i was absconding. i try to talk to my previous company but they refuse to lift the absconding case. can anyone please help what i can do.
marie8347
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 16, 2013
I have exactly the same case as you marie. I've overstayed while waiting for new visa. My previous company refuses to lift the case, even though I told them I'll pay all the expenses. My passport is in immigration abu dhabi. I'm willing to pay fine and my own ticket. I'm really worried if they might put me to jail. It's been less then a month of overstaying after 30 days grace period. If anyone knows what to do and how to help, please suggest anything. Thank you
ma2107
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: how to drop an absconding case Dec 25, 2013
Hi ma217, I just want to ask if you already sorted out your problem?because we have the same case at the moment, or if somebody knows what to do please help us, thanks..
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: how to drop an absconding case Dec 25, 2013
Hi, no still trying. No results until now. In immigration they said only employer can lift it or deportation. So I'm waiting if anyone can help.
ma2107
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 25, 2013
How did you know that your passport is in immigration?Did you submit anything to immigration?or you just presented yourself to them just giving your name?
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 25, 2013
After my visa cancellation my employer sent my passport to immigration office. So I even had no choice. I didn't see my passport 2 month. Cannot leave the country, cannot do new visa. To get a lawyer is very expensive in this country, don't know how can I get out. And how is it even possible to put absconding case on the person who didn't have passport all this time?
ma2107
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 26, 2013
How can they possibly abscond us if we didn't run away from dubai, I also dont get it, if you dont mind I want us to communicate more, maybe we can help each other because we are both facing the same problem..please give suggestion how can we talk more, I'm a filipino..what's your nationality?
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Right now you can go to immigration office and write complaint about it. Also comunicate with your embassy. I have nothing else to suggest anymore. But if I find out how to get out, and I will find it, I will let you know. Keep strong and good luck!
ma2107
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Same here, I'm working on something right now, once it works I will also let you know..thank you and goodluck to you too..
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Hi lovely01, im a filipino i have the same case as you guys have i went to owwa office here in dubai but unless you want to hear harsh words from them wag k n pumunta dun sisihin k lang nila nksalanan mo un...kung pupunta k nman sa immigration office sa mga feedback ko baka d k n makalabas dun idedeport k n nila agad.
marie8347
Dubai Expat Wannabe

What steps n ginawa mo?your passport is also in aweer immigration?ano n plan mo gwin?
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 29, 2013
I already know what happen to a person with absconding case if he or she try to leave Dubai ... and none of the posting here can say truly what the outcome will be...all i can say is they will treat u like a criminal...immigration will not listen to what u have to say only what the sponsor have filed...im so glad im finally out of Dubai...
marie8347
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 29, 2013
marie8347 ,
I'm glad for you Marie. I hope everything will be fine with the rest of us too.
ma2107
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Dec 30, 2013
i hope so too if you dont clear your case with your employer be prepared to be held by immigration .... pay your overstay penalty...and have a 2 days scary detention in immigration b4 you are deported u will also provide your own ticket they will not let u go if you dont pay the penalty have your ticket and for your info they will not provide you food and no one outside can even bring you one. they will sometimes provide u a meal for one person that u will share with the rest of the detain sometimes 5 of u will share a one meal... u will also be ban for life along with the other GCC countries.
marie8347
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Jan 22, 2014
Does anyone already know what to do if you have an absconding case?And your passport was deposited in the immigration..
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Jan 23, 2014
So it seems you have not sort out your problem... if your sponsor will not lift your absconding case you have no other choice but turn yourself in with immigration. The moment you go to immigration or if the police will catch you they will detain you and hopefully in 2 days time they will deport you.
marie8347
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How To Drop An Absconding Case Jan 23, 2014
is there a chance that my absconding case will be lifted by my x-employer who filed it?when I went to immigration, an immigration officer checked in the system my name when i given my passport copy to them, he said i dont have any problem with immigration, in their system it's showing only my ban from labor..what does this mean?does this mean I dont hve a case?

--- Jan 23, 2014 ---

marie8347, did you experience this personally?if you have things with you will they allow you to use it when you are detained? like clothes, food, mobile?
lovely01
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa