Any Good TV-series You Are Watching

Topic locked
Any good TV-series you are watching Oct 09, 2012
Fall TV season started and I was wondering if there are any recommendations for TV series.

My recommendations would be:

-Dexter.
Debra knows now her brother Dexter has a dark passenger. How will this develop?

-Boardwalk Empire
About the bootlegging period in the 20s in Atlantic City. Cinematography is supurb. Jimmy was shot dead though at the end of last season and he made the show. Right now it's missing something.

Copper
- About a copper at Five Points New York during the American Civil War

Coming up:
-Penoza
A Dutch serie about the weed trading underworld around Amsterdam. Vey well done and very well researched, although a bit dramatized of course. The husband of Carmen was shot dead and now has to take care of some unfinished business. In the US a spin-off will be broadcasted under the name "Red Widow". I saw a trailer and was not impressed. It would have been better to broadcast the original show with subtitles, but I believe subtitles tend toscare Americans away

-Game of Thrones
One of the best shows ever. “Winder is coming” 

-Shameless
About a dysfunctional family. It is a drama/comedy were the numerous children keep the household running.

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Oct 10, 2012
Omg I can't stand 'Shameless'! I used to watch it, every episode and then I went off it totally. Not sure why.

There is loads of good stuff on at the moment but my favourite is Homelands. The second series has just started. It's about am American serviceman who was posted to Iraq and kidnapped for years. When he returns it appears that he has converted to Islam. He is watched by the CIA and gets into bed (literally) with a female agent.

Beth's favourite is Jersey Shore.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Omg I can't stand 'Shameless'! I used to watch it, every episode and then I went off it totally. Not sure why.

Could it be you watched Shameless UK, and not Shameless US? Shameless US is much better than Shameless UK.

BMreformed wrote:There is loads of good stuff on at the moment but my favourite is Homelands. The second series has just started. It's about am American serviceman who was posted to Iraq and kidnapped for years. When he returns it appears that he has converted to Islam. He is watched by the CIA and gets into bed (literally) with a female agent.

I checked it out, and I am still not sure.

Beth's favourite is Jersey Shore.

Thanks, will try that one out.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

You should try watching "Suits"
ladydanger
Dubai Forum Guest

FlyingDutchman wrote:Could it be you watched Shameless UK, and not Shameless US? Shameless US is much better than Shameless UK.

Yes, it was Shameless UK, based on an estate in Manchester. I hadn't realised there was an American version, I'll look out for it.

--- Oct 10, 2012 ---

As for Jersey Shore, I don't think you'll like it FD. Its a reality show. We have our own version Geordie Shore and now the Welsh version, The Valleys. I won't have them on TV so Beth goes to her room to watch. I don't approve, but what to do?

--- Oct 10, 2012 ---

ladydanger wrote:You should try watching "Suits"

I hadn't heard of it, but I googled it. It looks right up my street, I love those American shows.

Oh and Dallas is back! JRs eyebrows are HUGE!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Any good TV-series you are watching Oct 12, 2012
There are good serials like Dexter, 2 broke girls and 2 and half men
naziyabegum
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Dec 16, 2012
i love game of thrones . watched season 1 and season 2 last week . will be waiting for season three coming march 2013...
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Dec 16, 2012
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura -

He explores and brings down conspiracies. i enjoy watching the way people run away from him , its kinda funny how he exposes them.

Penn and Teller Bullshit -

you can learn a few things from here

steve wilko show -

The monster of a man used to work for jerry springer , he has his own show now. He sets people straight

Family Guy -

Who doesnt like this one ?

i watch them on Youtube or other video streams as you cant get these shows in UAE
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Dec 18, 2012
Suits.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Jan 17, 2013
The big bang theory.

pretty little liars.

How I met your mother
5amra
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Any good TV-series you are watching Jan 24, 2013
I like all the series
dubbaycos
Dubai Forum User

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Jan 31, 2013
the newsroom - v good
loretart
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Feb 01, 2013
The Following. A bit weird. Blue Bloods and the new series of Greys Anatomy.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Feb 03, 2013
BMreformed wrote:The Following.

Thanks for the tip, I like it.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Mar 06, 2013
FlyingDutchman wrote:

Any good TV-series you are watching
Revolution has all the hallmarks of the latest, great serial drama, created by Supernatural's Eric Kripke
Read more: 10 Best Shows You Need to Watch This Fall - Popular Mechanics
adan11
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Mar 20, 2013
lost
pishka
Dubai Forum User

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Mar 25, 2013
*flexes fingers*

The Following-

If you liked Dexter (one of my personal favorite shows), you will find yourself watching something of a similar theme (serial killers), albeit a different and unique storyline.

Breaking Bad -

One of the most intelligently thought of and well-crafted TV shows I have seen. And let me tell you; the lead actors are brilliant! Its about a man who's suffering the worst case of mid-life crisis which only worsens when he realizes he's got cancer. So to leave behind a legacy for his family, he decides to create the best Amphetamine in the market. Amphetamine=Crystal Meth.

Sherlock -

This is a british revamp of the Sherlock Holmes story with the detective solving crimes in modern day London. Let me confess; I have witnessed my favorite villain ever in this series. I won't spoil anything for you. Each season has only 3 episodes but each episode lasts for a good 90 minutes long. Trust me, its a very intelligent show and extremely engrossing.

Arrow -

If you enjoy superhero themed entertainment, you won't be disappointed with this. I know there haven't been that many superhero TV shows, but I guarantee this will keep your entertained.

Person of Interest -

Have you watched Minority Report? Its about an organization who can forsee crimes before they happen and aim to stop them. Welcome to the TV series version of that story. It isn't the same or a prequel/sequel, but the theme follows along similar lines.

The Walking Dead -

I'm certain you must have heard of this TV show and probably are watching it already. To put it simply - zombie apocalypse TV show. If you're having second thoughts about watching, do not think anymore. Its worth the watch.

Other notable mentions:

Death Note - Japanese anime about a college student who disapproves of the way the world is and finds himself the owner of a book given to him by a Death God that allows him to kill anyone he wants, however he wants by mentioning their name in the book and describing how they die.

Burn Notice - CIA spy action drama about an agent who's "burned" by his agency and left to fend for himself.

Elementary - American version of the Sherlock Holmes drama. Very unique in itself where Sherlock is a drug addict and Watson is a female!

American Horror Sotry - Not as much horror as it is a Supernatural Thriller. Each season features new storylines and new supernatural entities.

Homeland (as BMreformed suggested) - US war hero returns but is not himself. Doubts begin to fly that he may have been compelled to turn against the country and act as a sleeper agent.

Fringe - FBI agent works with an institutionlized patient and his son to solve bizzarre and unexplained phenomenon. X-Files meets CSI!

Well, thats all I got for now. I know its a mighty long post but hope I have helped. I do apologize for any typos as well! lol.
Achaniel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Mar 28, 2013
I would like to see Copper.
imranmughal
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Apr 03, 2013
The League is quite funny, its about Fantasy Football and how it affects the lives of a bunch of friends.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Any good TV-series you are watching Apr 13, 2013
Hi I like Dragon Den. What about you?
Gareth27
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching May 12, 2013
I have finished friends all season in a month, was really awesome dialogues and acting for all of them. Now planning for Glee

--- Jun 04, 2013 ---

I have done with Friends and now in the way of I dream of Jennie...............memoriesing old golden days..:)
Judij
BANNED

Re: Any good TV-series you are watching Jun 11, 2013
shark is the best.
Jacksally
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Any Good TV-series You Are Watching Sep 04, 2013
pretty little liars

Vampire Diaries
Mubina
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Any good TV-series you are watching Oct 23, 2013