Matrimonial Problems In Abu Dhabi

Topic locked
Matrimonial problems in Abu Dhabi Dec 06, 2012
Dear Members

I'm an expat male living in Abu Dhabi. My wife deserted me 3+ years ago . We were married for just 10 months _when_ she left me. We got married Dec 2008 and she left me early Oct 2009 for no valid reason. She has been away ever since

She had done quite some defamation in the society before she left. I bit the bitter pill and let it go. We are _not_ officially divorced. We have _no_ children from the marriage.

Now she is planning to return to UAE [ not on my sponsorship] ; I plan NOT to let her inside my house here @ Abu Dhabi to avoid giving her a cause of action or getting embroiled in false criminal or domestic violence claims.

What precautions could I take to avoid false police cases or similar acts by my estranged wife ?
What other rights do I have here in Abu Dhabi on matrimonial matters ? for example can I get a restraining order ?

Presently, I do _not_ plan to institute a divorce here in UAE, because (a) I understand it can take up to a year and (b) everything has to be in Arabic and (c) I am not sure IF a divorce here is valid in my home country. However I'd be eager to know from others

Any pointers / directors / help would be MOST appreciated ....

What online resources or help groups exist here on such matters ?

For the sake of good order let me confirm that I have clean habits, am honest and NOT into any other affairs etc here.... I think I have been basically cheated badly in my marriage

Thanks in advance
and Best Regards

Hubby X

Hubbyx
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Matrimonial Problems In Abu Dhabi Dec 06, 2012
You should divorce her and report her to the Police if she comes anywhere near you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I agree. Why have any connection to her? Draw a line and move on to happy circumstances.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

sage & onion , thanks a ton Sage. good idea. I appreciate it

However my divorce is taking time due to many reasons; some of them are

(a) I have been advised to do the divorce in my home country (due to validity etc)

(b) I do NOT know Arabic so I am very unsure of getting in a legal dispute here @ sharia courts ...

(c) as you would have noticed my estranged wife is NOT on my sponsorship as of date, and courts here will not give a divorce when BOTH parties are NOT domicled here

So , in the interim, what happens

- IF i refuse to take her inside my house ? when / IF she comes here and is NOT on my sponsorship

- IF she goes to police etc ?

i.e. I am looking at practical steps, police help lines, proper procedure if A WOMAN complains against you ...etc....etc....

Also, does anyone here have practical experience with matrimonial / sharia courts here ?

thanks in advance

Hubby x
Hubbyx
Dubai Forum Guest

Why don't you go and speak to a lawyer? In an important matter like this it's best to seek legal advice.

Good luck.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Matrimonial problems in Abu Dhabi Dec 07, 2012
Do not, I repeat, Do not let her into your house / residence, if she comes there threaten her with the Police, she will make your life a complete misery if you allow it, believe me I KNOW.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Matrimonial Problems In Abu Dhabi Dec 07, 2012
sage & onion , thanks Sage !! Thanks a ton

What are the implications of NOT letting her in ? please share that in case you know

best regards

hubby x
Hubbyx
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Matrimonial Problems In Abu Dhabi Dec 12, 2012
you best course of action would be to consult a lawyer since he can give you a clear picture of all the legal dangers involved in your situation...
shaze
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Matrimonial Problems In Abu Dhabi Dec 12, 2012
Hubbyx wrote:avoid giving her a cause of action or getting embroiled in false criminal or domestic violence claims. What precautions could I take to avoid false police cases or similar acts by my estranged wife ? What other rights do I have here in Abu Dhabi on matrimonial matters ? for example can I get a restraining order ? Presently, I do _not_ plan to institute a divorce here in UAE, because (a) I understand it can take up to a year and (b) everything has to be in Arabic and

Be very careful in theis situation keep her out, or set up a meeting in public area to discuss the situation and to annul the marriage.becasue it aint working out for yea , you need to find someone else mate!

One of our friends had a similar experience. The story is sad, the man was spending too much time at work and not giving enough time to his son and wife. The wife was young and attractive , the man... bald and not so attractive. The wife somehow got entangled with some Arab man. she herself filed for divorce, giving full custody for her kid to the husband. so you can be lucky and she herself will file for divorce if she is seeing someone else.

my sympathies for this situation. hope everything works out well for you.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat