Not Jumped Red Signal

Topic locked
Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 03, 2012
Didn't jump red signal but crossed the zebra line and then reversed it ... camera flashed
I want to know if there will be fine and what else black points etc ? or there will be no fine or anything because I reversed it ..

please let me know what will be the possible result ...

Thanks

mysb56
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 03, 2012
Ah yes, NEVER reverse back across the line, the camera still picks ups the movement and goes off. You might well stillg et a fine. Go to teh Dubai traffic police onlone services, type in your plate details and it will tell you there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 04, 2012
You're best bet is claiming a police car or ambulance was close behind you, and you thought you had to give way.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 05, 2012
Chocoholic wrote:Ah yes, NEVER reverse back across the line, the camera still picks ups the movement and goes off. You might well stillg et a fine. Go to teh Dubai traffic police onlone services, type in your plate details and it will tell you there.

Thanks... searched by my plate number till now nothing ... :)

--- Sep 05, 2012 ---

evitav wrote:You're best bet is claiming a police car or ambulance was close behind you, and you thought you had to give way.

Appreciate your reply but can you please be more clear ....
mysb56
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 06, 2012
Ignore that post, they'd never believe it anyway. Keep checking, sometimes it take a week or so for anything to show. You might be alright.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 06, 2012
evitav wrote:You're best bet is claiming a police car or ambulance was close behind you, and you thought you had to give way.

does taht work ?? or you will be fined again for lying :D
maneef
Dubai Forum User

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 07, 2012
Chocoholic wrote:Ignore that post, they'd never believe it anyway. Keep checking, sometimes it take a week or so for anything to show. You might be alright.

Thanks still nothing now :)
mysb56
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 12, 2012
If u r sure the camera flashed then u have to pay the fine. its gonna be AED500 plus some black points. Remember u crossed the zebra cross and that is against the law.
miltonsam
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 12, 2012
Plus car confiscation at registration or pay the fee. All in about Aed 4 k
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 16, 2012
Alhumdulillah till now no fine or anything guys, it's been more than 10 days all looks good :) ...
mysb56
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 17, 2012
lol lucky you, then the flash must've been for someone else, just don't worry about it, and certainly don't do what i did, which is i was speeding around 100 and the radar flashed, so i went again driving the same speed to see what happens and it flashed again lol !! << for god sake me what is wrong with you lol.. kidding i wanted to go again, but my brother didn't allow me :D enjoy your day mate
manofsteel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 17, 2012
@ manofsteel : Thats funny. One of my friend did the same.
miltonsam
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 22, 2012
well yesterday I got flashed when I crossed a junction in Al Qusais....the signal had just turned orange when I crossed the line. Now I am confused why did it flash since I didn't cross the red light?....I was at around 110 kph so could it be for over speeding?
Omer1234
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 23, 2012
Omer1234 , Given that the speed limit there will be 60 or 80, it will have flashed you for speeding.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

mst b coz u were speeding, and 110kmph in a 80kmph road is way over the limits...
miltonsam
Dubai Forum Visitor

Well I hope it isn't anything more than a speeding ticket....anyways thanks for the info guys..:)
Omer1234
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Sep 26, 2012
mysb56 , Well my salik fine showed up after 8-10 months...so just because its not there that doesnt mean you didnt get it...but I hope and pray it was not for u.
NSMK
Dubai Expat Wannabe

NSMK ,

Quite true actually, I went for a new license and got slapped with 6 fines for speeding from several years before.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion , For me it was worst...my car ...which I have been driving from the date I purchased it (even Salik reminders were sent to my phone)..but the car was registered in my husband's name...AND when the car was transferred in my name ...none of the so called public servant bothered to tell us that the Salik tag will not work anymore. ...I continued driving thinking that I have credit (which I did almost AED 300/-) ...after a year I happen to check Online...before registration if I got any fine ...to my shock it was AED 4,400 for 11 unintended violations. :(
NSMK
Dubai Expat Wannabe

NSMK ,

Well my speeding tickets were from my ex, she deliberately went through a radar 6 times in 2 hours, I had to re-new in Abu Dhabi and the ladies behind the counter thought the whole thing was very funny.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Lol yes indeed.
NSMK
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Not Jumped Red Signal Feb 28, 2015
NSMK ,dear sir I left today signal on the 3rd orange light and before I reaches to the other end in the middle of the junction I saw signal light turned into red. Will dubai police will fine me for jumped signal? Please reply
aliraza110
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat