Innocence Of Muslims

Topic locked
Innocence of Muslims Sep 12, 2012
That's the name of a film that has caused unrest in the ME and the US Ambassador to Libya and three of his staff killed and the US Embassy being under siege in Cairo.

And here is the person behind the creation of that film:

http://rt.com/news/israeli-filmmaker-hi ... ammad-932/

Ultraconservative Muslims are outraged by the Israeli-made movie 'Innocence of Muslims', which mocked the prophet Muhammad. US missions in Egypt and Libya were attacked, and the American ambassador to Libya and 3 others were killed by an armed mob.

The films’ writer and director, Sam Bacile is now in hiding but told the Associated Press by phone that "Islam is a cancer, period." A California real estate developer who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, Bacile added that his film was meant as a provocative political statement “condemning Islam”.

The two-hour movie, financed by over 100 Jewish donors, basically claims Muhammad was a fraud, portraying Islam's prophet as a philanderer who approved child sexual abuse, among other sins.

56-year-old Bacile said he believes ‘Innocence of Muslims’, which reportedly cost $5 million to make, “will expose Islam's flaws to the world”.

Provocative??? More like it was meant to incite violence. I guess it's a matter of time when more innocent people, especially in Israel, become targets because of this man's foolish need to publish his hate. I'm sure the Muslim haters, "freedom marchers" and "rights activists" and those that claim "the truth hurts" will come out for this one.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Innocence Of Muslims Sep 12, 2012
More like it was meant to incite violence.

The film does not incite violence since that would mean the film producers/director/writers were in a public area and directly speaking to a crowd.

There's no such thing as incitement to violence in the past tense, four thousand miles away or with a YouTube video.

I'm sure the Muslim haters, "freedom marchers" and "rights activists" and those that claim "the truth hurts" will come out for this one.

That basically means all normal people.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Thanks Bora - the BBC didn't actually give details about the video. This morning a journalist they interviewed actually said he hadn't heard about the video until he went to the scene of the rioting in Benghazi, and then was told there that the video was the cause (he thought it was to do with 9/11).

The reports do say that the Egyptian media has picked up this provocative video and is making a big fuss out of it.

Bora Bora wrote: I guess it's a matter of time when more innocent people, especially in Israel, become targets because of this man's foolish need to publish his hate.

I hope you're wrong, but fear that it is more than likely that a few nutters will somehow justify further violence.

Bora Bora wrote:
I'm sure the Muslim haters, "freedom marchers" and "rights activists" and those that claim "the truth hurts" will come out for this one.

Well, the Egyptian Copts have come out against the video - but our resident 'I know the truth about Mooslims' above has proved your prediction correct.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

rayznack wrote:The film does not incite violence since that would mean the film producers/director/writers were in a public area and directly speaking to a crowd.There's no such thing as incitement to violence in the past tense, four thousand miles away or with a YouTube video.

What are you talking about? Do you know the meaning of "intent"?

--- Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 pm ---

shafique ,

Apparently clips are still up on YouTube. I would think by now his name is pretty public in the Muslim world. As an Israeli and making the film with the intent to educate Jews, why didn't he release it in Israel. American Jews really aren't interested in what fanatic Jews have to say. They enjoy living peacefully in the US.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Why not prove Islam is the religion of peace, by not using violence?
LuckyMe
BANNED

The filmmaker did a good job of provoking some Muslims and getting the desired reaction to prove his point.
It is really sad that people died because of this filmmaker's hateful rubbish and the mob mentality of some conservative Muslims.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Trouble with the world is people get emotional too quickly. On the other hand, same people reach out to help when they see the other in trouble. So for most people compassion and empthy is already it just have to utilitized. There will be some people would want to incite violence, but if more people are compassionate and understanding towards each other than less people will fall into the trap.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora ,

well he believes islam is a cancer, and he made the move to be provocative. this is the original article, but washpost has updated it on their main page and removed cancer and the original quotes to lessen his idiocy it seems.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... ml?hpid=z2
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

A consultant on the film, Steve Klein, said the filmmaker is concerned for family members who live in Egypt. Bacile declined to confirm.

Klein said he vowed to help Bacile make the movie but warned him that "you're going to be the next Theo van Gogh." Van Gogh was a Dutch filmmaker killed by a Muslim extremist in 2004 after making a film that was perceived as insulting to Islam.

"We went into this knowing this was probably going to happen," Klein said

:shock:

Israelis are trying to distance themselves from Bacile - with doubts being cast on whether he is actually Israeli (or even Jewish) as he himself claims to be:

http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2 ... quiantance

It seems only the rabid anti-Muslims aren't distancing themselves from this person and the film. And our resident hater above seems to think his fellow haters are 'normal'. :roll:

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

in the newest article they've changed the wording and taken out cancer and saying that he didn't think this would happen. not sure why they would change it so dramatically, when it's clear he made the movie with these intentions and it's saved on google cache. They're trying to soften the blow it seems.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

It seems to be human nature for people to align themselves into "us" vs "them" groups, for whatever group it may be. In some countries that have seen constant poverty, conflict and war, human life has less meaning becasue everyone has become accustomed to violence and death. It is far too easy for people to kill others over differences in ideology when human life can mean so little.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Maybe Iran should do modern day remakes of Jud Suss and Der Ewige Jude ? And it not be held responsible of any of the consequences, freedom of speech and all that jazz !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Should the Iranian government follow the example of a hateful filmmaker from California?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

DDS makes a good point - and I took it to be a rhetorical suggestion.

I doubt whether anyone would support an Iranian's decision to hypothetically remake a hate film, but yet we have a few who support the making of this particular hate film.

But I'm glad to see that most people aren't supporting the hate film, and also that no one is condoning the violence and killing that it provoked. I am personally amazed that people let themselves be worked up to the point that they commit these acts of violence! Its clear that this was the whole intention. I mean Wilder's 'Fitna' was provocative and misinformed as well - but it was largely tackled on the facts and not with violence. This film would have remained a fringe propaganda piece if it wasn't for the protests and killings.. so its ironically giving the film more exposure that I think it would have got otherwise.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Innocence Of Muslims Sep 13, 2012
Oh, Oh. Update.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/12/13824981-questions-swirl-around-anti-islam-film-blamed-for-egypt-protest-attack-in-libya?lite

Apparently no one has actually seen this "Bacile". California confirmed that there is no one registered as a real estate developer by that name and Israel has no record of him being an Israeli.

Enbedded link:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/muhammad-film-consultant-sam-bacile-is-not-israeli-and-not-a-real-name/262290/

Klein told me that Bacile, the producer of the film, is not Israeli, and most likely not Jewish, as has been reported, and that the name is, in fact, a pseudonym. He said he did not know "Bacile"'s real name. He said Bacile contacted him because he leads anti-Islam protests outside of mosques and schools, and because, he said, he is a Vietnam veteran and an expert on uncovering al Qaeda cells in California. "After 9/11 I went out to look for terror cells in California and found them, piece of cake. Sam found out about me. The Middle East Christian and Jewish communities trust me."He said the man who identified himself as Bacile asked him to help make the anti-Muhammad film.

When I asked him to describe Bacile, he said: "I don't know that much about him. I met him, I spoke to him for an hour. He's not Israeli, no. I can tell you this for sure, the State of Israel is not involved, Terry Jones (the radical Christian Quran-burning pastor) is not involved. His name is a pseudonym. All these Middle Eastern folks I work with have pseudonyms. I doubt he's Jewish. I would suspect this is a disinformation campaign."

I asked him who he thought Sam Bacile was. He said that there are about 15 people associated with the making of the film, "Nobody is anything but an active American citizen. They're from Syria, Turkey, Pakistan, they're some that are from Egypt. Some are Copts but the vast majority are Evangelical."

Aren't Copts related to Christianity? As for Evangelical, they claim to be Christians but in fact are a considered a cult. Why would people need pseudonyms if they weren't up to no good?

This Klein seems to be some kind of government spook who sniffs out terrorist cells. :shock:

So the above explains the "film" - a creation of Copts and Evangelicals. It wouldn't surprise me if someone from that group made the call and made the claim it was made by an Israeli.

On the other hand: It appears there is a possibility that using the film as a reason to attack is merely a smoke screen on planned attacks. Apparently the US got wind of something because they ordered the Americans at the Egyptian embassy to vacate before the attack - Al Queda flag now being displayed, and in Libya an RPG was used - something protesters don't carry, but Al Queda does. It also appears that the location of the safe house in Libya was revealed to the attackers.

The US needs to pull out of the Middle East, Afghanistan and stop being Israel's backbone. Let these countries go it on their own, sink or swim, whatever.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Innocence of Muslims Sep 13, 2012
Maybe Iran should do modern day remakes of Jud Suss and Der Ewige Jude ? And it not be held responsible of any of the consequences, freedom of speech and all that jazz !

I suppose only an idiot couldn't distinguish the difference between a private citizen and government; that would also be forgetting the Iranian state hosting Holocaust denial conferences.

What are you talking about? Do you know the meaning of "intent"?

I never used the word "intent" in my post. Perhaps you're getting "intent" and "incite" confused?

Let me know how a YouTube video could be considered "incitement to violence" under US law (not that incitement to violence is illegal).
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

kanelli , The sarcasm is weak in you oh old one !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^In relation to Iran - their reaction to 'Fitna' by Wilders shows the way to react to these silly films by the rabid anti-Muslims:

Geert Wilders' film failed to generate much controversy in Iran although the government did express its outrage on the day of its release and conservative websites complained about it for a while. By and large, Fitna elicited indifference among the general public. There was an anti-Fitna demonstration, but just 30 people turned up and they were carrying signs that had nothing to do with the film

As for this as Bora says - it appears that there's more information yet to come out - not least on who the film-makers actually are, and whether the attack was really a planned attack by organised groups rather than a spontaneous protest against the film. The BBC reports that it was an organised attack and suspicion of the group involved includes Al Qaeda:

Although the attack on the US consulate has been linked to the US film, Libya experts have also suggested a different reason.

"This was a precision attack," said Mr Joffe. "One that would have required a degree of planning. It may well have been inspired by the call by al-Qaeda's Ayman al-Zawahiri to avenge the killing of Abu Yahya al-Libi."

Al-Libi was a Libyan-born al-Qaeda commander killed in June by a US drone strike in the North Waziristan-Afghan borderlands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19575753

Bora Bora wrote:Aren't Copts related to Christianity?

Not everyone may know (I'm sure Bora does) Copts are Christian - and indeed the Coptic Christians community are amongst the first Christians. Egypt was predominantly Christian before the Islamic conquests - and the majority of the population converted to Islam over centuries, but a minority remained Christian.

Interesting that the film may be the work of Christians who tried to put the blame on Israelis. No wonder ray is making excuses. But the film itself may not be the reason behind the attack in Libya, after all.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Protesters in Egypt attack the American embassy in Cairo and raise the black flag of al-Qaeda/"prophet" Muhammad:

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

And the story just gets weirder:

The cast of the film say they have been deceived - with the offensive parts of the film being dubbed in post-production, and one even saying they are going to sue the filmaker (but given he's in hiding, she'll be lucky!)

The story of the Muhammed movie which sparked deadly protests in Libya gets weirder. The actors who appeared in it had no idea they were starring in anti-Islam propaganda which depicts Muhammed as a child molester and thug. They were deceived by the film’s director, believing they were appearing in a film about the life of a generic Egyptian 2,000 years ago.
Cindy Lee Garcia, an actress from Bakersfield, Calif., has a small role in the Muhammed movie as a woman whose young daughter is given to Muhammed to marry. But in a phone interview this afternoon, Garcia told us she had no idea she was participating in an offensive spoof on the life of Muhammed when she answered a casting call through an agency last summer and got the part.

The script she was given was titled simply Desert Warriors.

“It was going to be a film based on how things were 2,000 years ago,” Garcia said. “It wasn’t based on anything to do with religion, it was just on how things were run in Egypt. There wasn’t anything about Muhammed or Muslims or anything.”
In the script and during the shooting, nothing indicated the controversial nature of the final product. Muhammed wasn’t even called Muhammed; he was “Master George,” Garcia said. The words Muhammed were dubbed over in post-production, as were essentially all other offensive references to Islam and Muhammed.

http://gawker.com/5942748/it-makes-me-s ... bout-islam

And:
A statement released on the behalf of the 80 cast and crew members of “Innocence of Muslims,” a film that reportedly prompted Tuesday protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, indicates that they are not happy with the film and were misled by the producer.

“The entire cast and crew are extremely upset and feel taken advantage of by the producer. We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose,” the statement says. “We are shocked by the drastic re-writes of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred.”

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/u- ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Innocence Of Muslims Sep 15, 2012
Pity no arab country had any condemnation for the movie

--- Sep 16, 2012 ---

why is there no peaceful protests in UAE