Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website

Topic locked
Bad experience from sukar online website Aug 22, 2012
Hi there,

I recently purchased an item from the aforementioned website, and boy was i mad to discover that the item is not genuine at all, especially after they are always claiming 100% authenticity gurantee.

Did anyone of you suffer a similar experience with them?
What should my next step be? Should i just forget about the whole issue instead of fighting for my consumer rights?
Below is the email i sent them a couple of days back, am still awaiting for their response to my query.

Dear Team,
This is referring to order number Order number 379357.
I am 100 percent sure the item which i recieved is not authentic, why? Because i have an original aviator from before which is the same size and model aviator 3025 large metal 58mm x 14.

When i compared the two there are many differences, and i can provide you detailed pics as proof. The most noticeable difference is the size and shape of the lens. The other differences include the RB logo etching on the left lens, the nosepads with the RB logo difference, the information and presentation on both the temple bars, the plastic ear rests etc etc.

I must admit this is a very good copy, but it is not genuine as confirmed by my friends also who own genuine Ray ban aviators.

I called your customer service and the person had a strange request of getting a letter signed by some dealer stating that the item provided is fake? What kind of customer service is this?

I want some action to be taken, otherwise i am sending the detailed pics comparing the fake ray bans which you sent me with the original one to all the local leading newspapers as well as posting a video on Youtube comparing the two.

I will be awaiting your response to this matter,
Kind Regards.

Nextlink
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Aug 27, 2012
I believe that an youtube video showing how to distinguish the original from a fake is a good idea anyway.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Aug 31, 2012
Yeah i posted the video on youtube, check it out and let me know what you think!

hmmm i am still unable to post a link here, try searching for fake ray bans 3025 aviators purchased from sukar on youtube

--- Aug 31, 2012 ---

youtu.be/y63L6iQp8kH
Nextlink
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Sep 12, 2012
Have Sukar offered to refund your money?
x5man
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Sep 13, 2012
Yeah,

Their customer service agent got in touch with me, they picked up the delivery from my place and will analyze the sunglasses in detail by their agents.

The response has been positive from their end, i will await whether they will refund my money or replace with an authentic pair of the requested item.

Most probably they themselves got this item from a third party vendor, well i will update once they get in touch with me again regarding this matter.
Nextlink
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Sep 28, 2012
Did you get bac?
monareya
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Sep 28, 2012
Nope, not yet, it's been a while since they got in touch with me.

I will give them enough time to work this out, at the end i just need an authentic item as advertised by them, because the money i paid for it was pretty real as well. :)
Nextlink
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Dec 17, 2012
Same experience with me, ordered burberry polo on 31 october still did not recieve it, after sales service is very BAD, they actually dont care, if i dont get it i will complain reguarding Sukar Life General Trading L.L.C., as i recorded every word they said :)
munafali
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nextlink ,file a cash back on your credit card , if you paid by CC
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

yeah, this matter is solved actually.They refunded the amount back, i guess they order their stuff from overseas sometimes and quality control might be overlooked.

I am satisfied with their response and handling of my case and have taken off the youtube video i had posted earlier.
Nextlink
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Dec 18, 2012
Nextlink wrote:I am satisfied with their response and handling of my case and have taken off the youtube video i had posted earlier.
Nice to know that the matter is solved.

Did they contact you only after you published the video on youtube?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Dec 19, 2012
yeah i think it helped to get it done faster, i am sure once you prove to them that an item is not authentic they are willing to either exchange that item or offer a refund. But the thing is we as customers should be vigilant and be familiar with the item being purchased,also be aware of our rights even though the transaction happened online, the local market rules apply to them...or i hope they do.
Nextlink
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad Experience From Sukar Online Website Jan 04, 2013
welcome to the UAE , everything in this market is No2. just careful not to buy Dublicate condoms.

i deal with some chinese suppliers for industrial products , they do offer Rebranding services for tiny fee , alot of people in the market do that.

the freezones are just gaint relabelling facilities.

last time i spent dhs1000 on so called rayban in uae made me cockeyed almost. no protection on sunlight. i researched the net and found on ebay ,american made sunglasses that is used by US military and pilots. paid 250dhs for them and never looked back. as for those raybans , down the trash they went.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Bad experience from sukar online website Aug 11, 2013
i just got my burberry delivered today and it was FAKE!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I'M ASKING FOR REFUNDS! DON'T BUY FROM THIS SHITTY SITE!
couper
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Bad experience from sukar online website Oct 30, 2013
I ordered and paid for my purchased items online for almost a month now but i havent received any items yet. I tried to call them numerous times but couldnt get through in their line. I followed it up and got ticket numbers but still no one is contacting me. This is really bad and hope someone could at least inform me if they still plan to deliver it or not. Its really disappointing!
Weegee
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Bad experience from sukar online website Oct 31, 2013
You need to be careful with online shops.
Mattoni
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bad experience from sukar online website Dec 08, 2013
I have ordered 3 bags worth $150 together, it's been 10 days and they still haven't even been SHIPPED!!! I contacted Sukar many times, no response whatsoever, and they continue to post "competitions" on facebook!! Apparently have no time to attend to ORDERS that have been PAID for!! TOTAL RIP OFF. BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU GIVE AWAY YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS. AND AVOID THIS WEBSITE. So many people are complaining with similar stories.
beachbelle80
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 18, 2014
i agree, dont ever every buy in sukar, i purchase aslo a watch and the item was fake and not good, i return the items and until now i did not recieve my refund.
walala
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 26, 2014
I am supposed to purchase a set of jewelry from SUKAR worth 1599 from VP Jewels, before I proceed for the payment option, I have decided to check first the reviews. Thanks guys for posting here. I thought Sukar offers authentic products, but based on your experiences seems it is not. :-)) I don't wanna be a victim.
Ghiel
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 28, 2014
Oh, I was thinking I am the first one got a bad experience from Sukar.com. I have made a purchase for 2 items and despite of my numerous contact through emails, yet no response or no contacted back me. I have written to them saying that i will be posting my complaints to Gulf news and khaleej times, for public awareness to be care for making any purchase with sukar.com, but still they don't care.

I was trying to reach by phone but no success as their toll free no don't work.

Please keep away from them and do spread the message to all public for taking care of them. I think there is no way to register public complaint to protect customers. If any one knows where to register such complaint, please let me know

Thanks
nihal299
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jun 02, 2014
hi! I experience to shop in SUKAR Mid last year 2013 at first small amount items i purchased and the service was good but when i purchased an items worth 1,700 (Burberry Bag) (21 April 2013) as a gift for my wife, she noticed a small flaw on the item, but we ignored it, and then last sept 2013, i ordered again MK Bag(699-bag returned but refund not yet given til this date) & PUMA watch(199)(cancelled & returned money), unfortunately as i opened the package, we noticed that the handle is damage, so i immediately call the courier about the damaged items, but they told me to contact SUKAR, to make the story short, until now since i returned the bag last oct. 23, 2013, SUKAR with their promises and countless emails and calls..i waited in vain and did not return my MONEY. Is there a way to make them pay for this? thanks hope you can help me.
donqatar
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum