Water In Dubai

Topic locked
Water in Dubai Apr 30, 2012
Is tap water good for drinking? I see all these companies supplying water?

Timni
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Water In Dubai Apr 30, 2012
Personally, I never trusted the quality of the tap water for anything other than bathing. They have delivery trucks that come around to deliver inexpensive large bottles of spring/purified water for use with a water cooler. We then filled re-usable bottles for taking in the car and out and about - saves plastic bottle waste.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Water In Dubai May 01, 2012
Whats with the tap water?
Timni
Dubai Forum Visitor

Tap water is perfectly safe in Dubai. It's desalinated! Bottled water tastes better though.
mikehunt
BANNED

thanks for the info
Timni
Dubai Forum Visitor

So many things are done in a shoddy way there, I wouldn't trust that the water supply is properly managed at all times.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I really don't think so, then would be falling sick everytime we take the water, I believe its done properly would have been sick the first instance after taking it, Water is very sensitive.
Timni
Dubai Forum Visitor

Bottled water is mainly tapped water from somewhere else, it's not really from a (mountain) spring :-D. Timni, you might always consider a filter on the tap. I installed a filter on tap water (for the taste) in my Dubai apartment, and never had a problem. It's also better for the environment, if that matters to you.
mikehunt
BANNED

A filter on the tap no way thanks though for the idea, at least the bottled water goes some process the tap is just as direct and salty like,as long as am asured that the bottled water is fine why not
Timni
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Water In Dubai May 02, 2012
Actually, you would only be falling sick all of the time if the water was not clean all of the time.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Water In Dubai May 02, 2012
very true, for now will stick with the bottled one
Timni
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Water in Dubai Jun 19, 2012
Thanks for sharing this nice info about tap water. I try to share it with my friends.
memoonamike
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Water In Dubai Jul 13, 2012
I think you should not use tap water for the drinking purpose.. i feel its v heavy.. I have not been living in Abu Dhabi,, our family moved here recently.. and since then i see my hair going all rough and dry.. I have started to use bottled water hair though.. keeping my fingers crossed :)
UAEBizemirates
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Water In Dubai Sep 29, 2012
really nice sharing and Thanks for sharing this nice info about tap water
jaine
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Water In Dubai Nov 14, 2012
If tap water comes from proper and hugenic source so its better to use and I know the drinking water in dubai comes from purifier and it is safe enough to drink.There is a system managed by the administrators and it make the water clean and pure from all germs and bacterias.

Please make me suggestions:
smithjoe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Water In Dubai Nov 27, 2012
try zulal its in shj but they delivery in dubai cost first time 30 then 8 dhs each

its the best for me
batmajd
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Water in Dubai Jan 24, 2013
No way but can be used for washing purpose but if you boil it and then may be useful but for drinking purpose only filtered water is good
dubbaycos
Dubai Forum User

Re: Water In Dubai Feb 09, 2013
Timni , Tap water and UAE bottled water are really all low grade. the bottled water has a plasticy taste to it. you can clearly differentiate blindly between a UAE bottled water and a european counter part. if you want the best qaulity drinking water i suggest the turkish imports such as SIRMA , ERIKLI etc

they arent that expensive either.

They are 10 times better than any low grade UAE product.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Water In Dubai Feb 25, 2013
I think you can take bottles from some company, as it would be hygenic and tastes good.
amal231
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Water In Dubai May 19, 2013
smithjoe , Is it equivalent to bottle water? If so then we should prefer tap water instead of buying from supermarkets.
jmbrgroup
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Water In Dubai Jan 29, 2014
I wouldn't drink tap water .
“Tap water is completely safe to drink at the time of dispatch. But, the tanks must be cleaned systematically, at least once in six months, to ensure it is unpolluted. Commercial tanks are monitored by us, but not the residential ones,” said Bobby Krishna, Principal Food Studies Officer at Dubai Municipality.
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Water In Dubai Feb 14, 2014
Thanks for all to share our great knowledge about tap water.
jacuzzicart
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai