How Do You Find Nursing In Dubai?!

Topic locked
How do you find Nursing in Dubai?! Jan 31, 2012
Hi there,
A friend and I are both looking to relocate to the UAE in November this year.
Currently we are both working in a tertiary ICU in Australia (i graduated in NZ though), have Graduate Certificates in Intensive Care and have completed a number of other courses. Both of us have >5years post grad experience.
I am just wanting information and opinions from those working in the UAE, how do you find it? How is the pay? How hard is it to get your registration and visas etc? How did you find your job?
I have just heard so many bad stories, but i think it would be such good experience and a great opportunity.
Any information and opinions (good or bad!) will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Erin

Erin21
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How Do You Find Nursing In Dubai?! Jan 31, 2012
To be honest the majority of hospitals here employ Filipinos and other Asians in these roles as there are lots of them and they work for little money. Your best bet would be to look at Healthcare City where there are lots of private hospitals and clinics.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: How Do You Find Nursing In Dubai?! Jan 31, 2012
Thanks for the reply! What is Healthcare City? Ive never heard of it before?
Erin21
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: How Do You Find Nursing In Dubai?! Feb 03, 2012
It's a complex that is made up of private health care insitutions. Have a google, plenty of info on it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: How do you find Nursing in Dubai?! May 03, 2012
it's true, I am a cardiology physiologist with many skills in diagnostics and theatre but because of what Chocoholic says -
Chocoholic wrote:To be honest the majority of hospitals here employ Filipinos and other Asians in these roles as there are lots of them and they work for little money. Your best bet would be to look at Healthcare City where there are lots of private hospitals and clinics.

it is better to look into private healthcare otherwise pay will be very very low.
I look at an ad for a cardiology physiologist a little while ago and it was the equivalent to £600.00 per month!! I was shocked!! My jaw just dropped!!!

Good luck!!
mctutu
mctutu
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai