Visa Types

Jun 04, 2009
A hotel where I'll be staying helps me with getting a visa and now I just got their reply which says that I am under-aged (!!!!! I'm 18 years old) and they can't do the transit visa (14 days) unless someone 21+ will travel with me.

Is there any chance that a 18-year-old (which is concidered as a grown-up in my country) could go to UAE alone? I've struggled with this majnoon visa system for 4 days.. :x

GEM
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 05, 2009
Try a different hotel. Try and get a visit visa, or conference visit visa.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 05, 2009
GEM wrote:A hotel where I'll be staying helps me with getting a visa and now I just got their reply which says that I am under-aged (!!!!! I'm 18 years old) and they can't do the transit visa (14 days) unless someone 21+ will travel with me.

Is there any chance that a 18-year-old (which is concidered as a grown-up in my country) could go to UAE alone? I've struggled with this majnoon visa system for 4 days.. :x

A minimum age requirement for different countries was imposed several years ago. Obviously the minimum age requirement for people coming from the Netherlands (which is where I believe you said you come from) is 21.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 06, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:A minimum age requirement for different countries was imposed several years ago. Obviously the minimum age requirement for people coming from the Netherlands (which is where I believe you said you come from) is 21.

No, I'm not from Netherlands.

Thanks anyway, I already cancelled everything and now going to another arab country. I'm still very angry coz of that ridiculous age limit, but what can I do. I suppose I'll visit UAE in some other time.
GEM
Dubai Forum Visitor

Any commends on 6 months visa for property owners Jun 27, 2009
Any commends on 6 months visa for property owners
Merlindxb
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2009
Yes, some here :)...

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-residence ... ty-uae.php

What do you want to know?
bonk

Jun 28, 2009
Yes, some here :)...

bonk

Jun 30, 2009
bonk wrote:Yes, some here :)...

thanks bonk
Merlindxb
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Visit Visa Aug 02, 2009
Hi Guys,

"does anyone know if it is possible to enter Dubai with second visit visa right after existing one month and it extension is over.
do we have to stay out for a month or is that not the case any more and we can go out and re-enter with valid status?"

Thank you
shon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2009
Hi Guys,
"does anyone know if it is possible to enter Dubai with second visit visa right after existing one month and it extension is over.
do we have to stay out for a month or is that not the case any more and we can go out and re-enter with valid status?"
Thank you
shon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 03, 2009
Thanks
shon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 26, 2009
thanks!
ewap8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 30, 2009
Hi I'm Italian and I would come to Dubai for about 6 months to attend a language course. it's a long period for a tourist visa, so what kind of visa I should get?
nils09
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 30, 2009
Ask the language institute about a student visa. But if you're Italian you get visit visa on arrival (not tourist visa) and can renew visit visa every 30 days by travelling to Hatta and back.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visit-visa-renewal.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-arrival-d ... lities.php
bonk

Oct 01, 2009
thank you for your reply. I knew about the student visa but this is the school's answer about it :

please be informed that we are not the one who will apply for your visa, however we do offer hotel accommodation, and together with their package is to apply you for a visa. You will pay a certain amount to apply for a visa, but this will not guarantee that visa application will be approved. The visa will be good a month stay.
nils09
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 01, 2009
I don't think you can get a student visa without the cooperation of the institute - who don't sound very helpful. Try another institute?

A hotel sponsors you for a tourist visa, which is valid 30 days and renewable once.

Get the free visa on arrival and renew it at Hatta every 30 days is what I'd do.
bonk

Oct 01, 2009
could you please give me some information about language institute? I tried with Eton.
if not possible I'll try Hatta way
nils09
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Slovak working Visa Oct 02, 2009
Hi Liban,

I guess you're the Master of Visa (having such a great knowledge).
Hope you can enlighten me for the following:

facts: girl, single, Slovak nationality living in Slovakia

looking for a move to Dubai. The thing here is I would not consider a move without a Job (after all IBM is not that bad! :D) but would still like to move.
So I would think of the Employer to take care of the formalities! :lol:
Guess not that easy..

What do you think the difficulties might be? and whether it is possible? :roll:
eu_Sukoru
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 15, 2009
ebad wrote:My employer in Media City has applied a work visa on September 14th,
And We are still waiting for the entry permit!
What do you think? Isn't it so late? It it usual?
Would you guys please give me some information about the work visa (entry permit) issuing progress time?
And
-Is there anybody who had applied around that time and has get his visa recently?
Please please help.

Hi...it is same cases for me, my employer is a Fugro at Dubai applying working/residence visa for me. I already send all the documents to them for the visa process....until now have yet to receive any news from them...

Please someone help us, how long exactly to get the working/residence visa approval??? Appreciate with your help

Until no
norman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Visa types Dec 07, 2010
I have a question if somebody could help me?
I recently moved to Dubai and have just completed my residency Visa, I am returning home for the holidays and upon my return in January I will have my wife and daughter with me.
My question is regarding my daughter as my wife will have a job therefor her own visa.I have been told for my daughter I can sponsor her on my visa by bringing with me;
1: My passport containing my residency visa
2: My daughters passport
3: My marriage certificate (really? I didnt intend bringing this with me)
4: My daughters birth certificate
5: A copy of my salary
6: A tenancy contract (this I do not have nor know where to obtain)
7: My Emirate ID
Firstly is this info correct or is there more paperwork I will need. And secondly if I live with my father-in-law and work for his company will I need the tenancy contract.
Thankyou in advance to anyone with answers... :D :D
<
M412tyn
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Visa types Jun 29, 2011
I just came across "Service visa" that is valid for one week and can be issued within one day. Is anyone aware of such staff?

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 pm --

M412tyn wrote:I have a question if somebody could help me?
I recently moved to Dubai and have just completed my residency Visa, I am returning home for the holidays and upon my return in January I will have my wife and daughter with me.
My question is regarding my daughter as my wife will have a job therefor her own visa.I have been told for my daughter I can sponsor her on my visa by bringing with me;
1: My passport containing my residency visa [color=#FF0000]yes

2: My daughters passport yes
3: My marriage certificate (really? I didnt intend bringing this with me) yes, properly legalized
4: My daughters birth certificate yes, properly legalized
5: A copy of my salary Salary certificate. it should be issued locally
6: A tenancy contract (this I do not have nor know where to obtain) you should get it from the landlord or the agent that rented out the apartment for you
7: My Emirate ID i do not think this is so important
Firstly is this info correct or is there more paperwork I will need. And secondly if I live with my father-in-law and work for his company will I need the tenancy contract.
Thankyou in advance to anyone with answers... :D :D[/color] <

Moreover all this stuff should be properly legalized. And believe me it is a hustle))))
BlackCaviar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Visa types Aug 25, 2011
Thanks, this information was great. My mother is visiting in 3 weeks and I wasn't sure of the process.

Cheers.
NinaSimone
Dubai Forum User

Re: Sep 08, 2011
GEM wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:A minimum age requirement for different countries was imposed several years ago. Obviously the minimum age requirement for people coming from the Netherlands (which is where I believe you said you come from) is 21.

No, I'm not from Netherlands.

Thanks anyway, I already cancelled everything and now going to another arab country. I'm still very angry coz of that ridiculous age limit, but what can I do. I suppose I'll visit UAE in some other time.

Where is it exactly you are form then? if its UK i have never heard of this rule before, you should be able to visit for an holiday without any problems (after all Dubai is all about tourism!)
M412tyn
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Visa Types Jan 17, 2012
Canadians are no longer able to get visa on arrival to enter UAE,it's been a year already, prior visa is requried to enter the country
dubai20077
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Visa Types Apr 29, 2012
HI there, I am looking to come to Dubai to look for employment, I am an allied medical professional. I have family living in Dubai already. I am a UK citizen and am confused about the length of time I can stay in Dubai just by coming through passport control.

Can anyone clarify, I have read everything above but I think it must be late for me or something! :)

I was thinking I would have to come in and out of Dubai until I secured work and had a work visa application approved.

Thank you for your help anyone!!

Have a great weekend.

Mctutu
mctutu
Dubai Forum Visitor

As a British passport holder, you automatically get 30 days on arrival. To renew this you can just hop over the border into Oman at Hatta, then come back again.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Thank you chocoholic!
mctutu
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Visa Types May 14, 2012
very informative thread. thanks to the threadstarter.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Visa Types May 13, 2013
Liban ,

This was quite informative

Thanks
sandrider
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Visa Types May 14, 2013
Quite informative hhhh!!!!!!!!
Judij
BANNED