Android Vs IOS

Topic locked
Android vs IOS Apr 20, 2012
IMO Android is the the only reason why I still have faith in the cellular industry. What do you think?

prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Android Vs IOS Apr 20, 2012
Try WP7 and your faith will be restored
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Android Vs IOS Apr 20, 2012
Meego has the potential to improve, but it did not get a fair market adoption.
podaxis
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Android Vs IOS Apr 22, 2012
Android !
justcurious
Dubai Forum User

Re: Android Vs IOS Apr 27, 2012
desertdudeshj wrote:Try WP7 and your faith will be restored

Tried that, it still doesn't meet my expectations in terms of customization and apps.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Android is for nerds.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:Android is for nerds.

According to your ideology, there should be approximately 300,000,000+ nerds in the world today.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Android Vs IOS Apr 28, 2012
Well most of the people who are buying smartphones, majority don't buy it for the OS rather than the phone itself, like how snazzy looking it is and taken by sales talks like memmory, Camera resolution etc etc or its the latest IN thing in the case of iPhone.

Personaly dont like Andriod and even less after the ice cream sandwich release. iOS is lame and old now, I think MS is doing a very poor job of marketing the WP7, atleast here in the region.

I've known a few die hard fans of apple try WP7 and been converts eversince.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Well most of the people who are buying smartphones, majority don't buy it for the OS rather than the phone itself, like how snazzy looking it is and taken by sales talks like memmory, Camera resolution etc etc or its the latest IN thing in the case of iPhone.

Personaly dont like Andriod and even less after the ice cream sandwich release. iOS is lame and old now, I think MS is doing a very poor job of marketing the WP7, atleast here in the region.

I've known a few die hard fans of apple try WP7 and been converts eversince.

Well that's kind of true. Not many people actually do any sort of preliminary research before buying a phone. Apple fanboys buy iPhones just for the sake of it. Those die hard fans your on about must be Xbox owners. WP7 is quite useful if you have Xbox 360. Then again, I'm a PC gamer so that wouldn't be of much use to me. Android really outshines the rest.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

I have a WP7 phone and I don't have an Xbox, don't bash it until you've tried it.
desertdudeshj

As I mentioned before, I HAVE tried it and I wasn't quite fond of it.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Have you tried the 7.5 Mango update ?
desertdudeshj

Yes I have. It looks neat but it needs more integration with third party software and multitasking needs a bit of work.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Its the social media integration of WP7 that blows both iOS and Andriod out of the water. The biggest advantage Andriod has is customization and other than pre/teen and geeks demographic not many are so intrested in that aspect, nor is it a deal breaker so I guess I agree with Nuc a bit on that.

I find it a bit too all complicated and the GUI on WP7 is also bad ass specially if you have Super Amoled screen, another advantage is there is a minimum spec for any device that is allowed to use WP7 so you can sure about performance no matter what device you choose from.

Andriod on the other hand is availble on even crap chinese imitation Ipad with FPS rate of -10

Here is a little comparison

http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-5-vs.-and ... omparison/

I might sound biased but ain't its only been a few months since I've had WP7 and have been using smartphones right from they first came out like the NoKia Communicator and everything inbetween then and now and must say WP7 for me beats everything out there, hands down.
desertdudeshj

prowheels wrote:According to your ideology, there should be approximately 300,000,000+ nerds in the world today.
Chill, I was just pulling your leg. Although it is to a certain extent true, Android's customization features surpasses other mobile platforms, and that is the main reason it is popular among techies.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Android Vs IOS May 01, 2012
I think Android. Android is open source and is good OS as compared to IOS. Everyone can't afford IOS, so Android is preferred.

--- May 02, 2012 ---

There are several reasons why Android is most preferrable OS as compared to IOS. Here are some reasons of using Android.

1. Custom ROMs

2. True Google Voice Integration

3. Expandable Memory

4. Widgets

5. Flash Compatible

6. Home Launcher and Home Screens can be customized

7. Alternative App Market

8. Alternative Keyboards

9. Wide Selection of Devices/Carriers

10. Google Maps Navigation
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Android Vs IOS May 07, 2012
at Least both are better than the symbian
tareqadel
Dubai Expat Wannabe

desertdudeshj wrote:Try WP7 and your faith will be restored
I am sorry to disagree, but I had to remove round corners and css shadows from Dubai Forums for it to work smoothly on WP7.
Android and IOS browsers had no issues at all. IE9 had these issues even on my old toshiba notebook.
So I am not sure WP7 is really that good.

May be they did updates that solved the problem...
Can you check the desktop version of DubaiForums on your WP7 phone?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Hey just because your site did not scroll smoothly on a WP7 device does not mean its not a great OS :)

I had Zero issues on any other site, although not a fan of IE on the desktop at all, but seems to work just fine on the mobile device.

I did hear the latest version of IE, 10 I think is pretty sharp. Haven't used it though.

And as with all things windows there are regular and FREE updates, something teh poor apple craowd has to pay for through their behind. I have gotten about 4 updates since I have it. And where do I check the DF version ?

Although I think I'm browsing it as a desktop and not mobile device since IE has the option to view as desktop or mobile device and that is what I have selected. Only so some sites like youtube its forced into the mobile site.
desertdudeshj

Android vs IOS...cont Apr 03, 2013
Since the original thread I posted is locked, just to sum it up- Android is the best.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Android Vs IOS...cont Apr 08, 2013
Android is having lot of features, i think. And its easy to use for an average user too.
udebei
Dubai Forum User

Re: Android Vs IOS...cont Apr 08, 2013
udebei , Defitinely, It's undoubtedly the king of smartphones. Nothing can even come close to compete with Android!
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Android Vs IOS Apr 25, 2013
I unlocked all the topics. Now they will lock only if the last post is 5 years old.
So I merged your topics...

On the topic:
Android Rules!!! :)
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Android Vs IOS May 13, 2013
IOS - is a feel good factor

Android - Feel good depends which hardware it uses

IOS - unnecessarily expensive (harware is expensive)

Android - fairly cheap (again depends on the hardware it is on)

IOS - Considered Style Statement

Android - May ~ Maynot be style statement

===========================

Both sucessfully suffices need to humans having a smart phone where they can, talk, meet greet, socialize, remind, reply to all modes of communication.

I use an Andriod and macbook.

and feel both are cool in its own way.

Cheers

Sand Rider
sandrider
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Android Vs IOS May 19, 2013
Its your money. Whatever you end up choosing. You may enjoy the platform and that after the initial learning curve, you'll have no trouble getting your smartphone to do what you want it to do.
jmbrgroup
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Android Vs IOS May 19, 2013
jmbrgroup , This is not a two way path which leads to the same destination, no. Your orginal destination could be the Nissan dealership, the Apple route will take you to the Nissan dealership, however the Android route will get you to the Ferrari dealership in half the time.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Android Vs IOS Jul 31, 2013
i prefer IOS .........,

the best OS ever
ameerali19
Dubai Forum User

Re: Android Vs IOS Jul 31, 2013
ameerali19 , It is not the best OS ever, that is axiomatically and self proclaimingly wrong.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Android Vs IOS Aug 03, 2013
IOS is mainly for apple, so no chance of using other devices, however they have over half a million apps as well. (much more than IOS

Android is more vulnerable to security threats, but has the benefit where all of its devices are linked to Google (Gmail, maps etc.)

Really, its the customers choice on which would suit their requirements :)
expatlife
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Android Vs IOS Aug 13, 2013
expatlife wrote:IOS is mainly for apple, so nAno chance of using other devices, however they have over half a million apps as well. (much more than IOS

Android is more vulnerable to security threats, but has the benefit where all of its devices are linked to Google (Gmail, maps etc.)

Really, its the customers choice on which would suit their requirements :)

No it isn't the customer's choice. Quite simply Android is better than iOS in nearly if not every way possible. That is unless you are looking for s crappy phone. iOS wins there. I apologise for being blunt, but it's the truth. Oh and the virus thing, I've had Android ever since the first build was out and I have had absolutely NO viruses at all.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk