Is It Easy To Get A Job As A Waiter?

Topic locked
is it easy to get a job as a waiter? Nov 23, 2008
Hi,
My friend is looking for a job as a waiter in the hotel in Dubai. My friend has more than 10 years experience as a waiter in the United states.
please advice.

goudrotlie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 23, 2008
Im sure it would be hard for him to find a job here as a waiter.

Try and browse the job sites listed in one of the threads here.
poi5on
Dubai Forum User

Nov 24, 2008
poi5on wrote:Im sure it would be hard for him to find a job here as a waiter.

Try and browse the job sites listed in one of the threads here.

Why it will be hard to find a job as an experienced waiter?
any reasons!!!
goudrotlie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 26, 2008
think its a typo and should read "Im sure it wouldn't be hard for him to find a job here as a waiter"

plenty of work around, but don't expect great pay.
most waiters and restaurant staff get less than 1,000 USD per month - normally in the region of 750 USD.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 26, 2008
think its a typo and should read "Im sure it wouldn't be hard for him to find a job here as a waiter"

most waiters and restaurant staff get less than 1,000 USD per month - normally in the region of 750 USD.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 13, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:think its a typo and should read "Im sure it wouldn't be hard for him to find a job here as a waiter"

Hmm, that`s pretty cheap!
Thanks
goudrotlie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 14, 2008
i think,depence where,,in 5 stars hotels should be good tips besides basic salary,,as better u perform as much u get,,sorry ,but its real..
nevada
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 12, 2009
As what I know,. waiter is the easiest position you can have when you want to go in Dubai. Try to apply on certain agency and they are the one who will look for a job for you
cAmiLLe_01
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Is It Easy To Get A Job As A Waiter? Dec 02, 2011
Hi,
My friend is looking for a job as a waiter in the hotel in Dubai. u know any site from him. he is in Romania now.
please advice.
danyboldea
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Is It Easy To Get A Job As A Waiter? Dec 03, 2011
danyboldea wrote:Hi,
My friend is looking for a job as a waiter in the hotel in Dubai. u know any site from him. he is in Romania now.
please advice.

Some observations regarding the Foodservice and Hospitality industry you will be expected to fit into, in Dubai;

1. Forget everything you have learnt so far in the hospitality industry.
2. When taking a telephone enquiry, the answer is always ‘yes’ at all times tell the customer what they want to hear, not what the case actually is.
3. Always greet the customer with indifference and sit them in the least desirable seats you have, generally nearest the kitchens, toilets or a busy thoroughfare.
4. Insist on taking drinks orders, at every available opportunity, particularly when the guests are en-route from the bar to the dining area with charged glasses.
5. Take, and deliver, the food and drinks orders in the sequence, pattern or method that best suits you and your colleagues.
6. Insist on taking drinks orders, at every available opportunity.
7. Enquire whether everything is satisfactory and reply with ‘yes sir/ma’am, thank you’ and don’t forget to smile while walking away.
8. Once you have the food orders you should develop a strategy to rid the restaurant of the customer, suggestions would be to remove unfinished courses from the table while the customer is distracted and ignoring any requests for non-chargeable items such as sauces or condiments.
9. Insist on taking drinks orders, at every available opportunity.
10. Remember, ‘in our business, the chef is king’ and food should be served to the table whenever he or she has so lovingly and efficiently prepared it! You can always make room on a table for the next course by removing all unnecessary items such as any unused crockery, and ref No 08, remove unfinished courses.
11. Only work on your tip, during and after the pudding course.
12. Enquire whether everything is satisfactory and reply with ‘yes sir/ma’am, thank you’ and don’t forget to smile while walking away.
13. And finally, Insist on taking drinks orders, at every available opportunity.

While I could admit, the above maybe slightly exaggerated, the service level my guests and I experienced one Thursday evening at the Aquara, signature seafood restaurant in the Dubai Marina Yacht Club recently, was at an unprecedented level of incompetence I have seen in recent Years, but the food was good.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Is It Easy To Get A Job As A Waiter? Dec 14, 2011
It depends where she/he wants to join.. Some places are easy to join(but with low pay) others are abit hard.
thelast
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Is It Easy To Get A Job As A Waiter? Jan 16, 2012
Yes, in Dubai so mnay hotels are there you can find a job easily but if u are experienced
uaemovers
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Is It Easy To Get A Job As A Waiter? Apr 10, 2012
goudrotlie , why don't you visit Bizemirates www.uae.me and place a Job Wanted Ad there.. upload you profile pic, and update your experience and work experience. and place a free Ad. I am sure it will help.

Also join & visit their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/UAEnetwork

Good Luck :)
Bizemirates
BANNED

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai