I Seriously Need Help...

Topic locked
I seriously need help... Feb 18, 2012
i will be in Dubai couple of days to get my girlfriend out of her house.
She is 23 year old holding Malaysian passport and she is living with unreasonably strict parents in Dubai for holidays.
My girlfriend and I have been together almost a year and her parents just found out that we are dating few days back.
The parents took her everything that i could talk to her, our communication channel broken down for a several days.
and even they have been imprioning her at the house and the parents keep her passport in the safe so that she cannot able to go somewhere else. She has been abusing by their hands and words. I really want to help my girlfriend as her man but unlickly I have neither connection in Dubai nor people to ask about this problem. You guys would be my savior..
Here is my question.. as above stated her problems, can I just go to police station and calim that she is abusing by her parents and imprisoning in her house, would this lead to her get passport? That's all she needs right now.

Thank you so much guys
Wish us luck

culandy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Feb 20, 2012
hi

idon't think police can help is this, and try not to mention about girlfriend thing as it's not legal to do here, BUT they may get concern about her safety and give her a home visit to check the condition and if the girl approved that they hold her against her well, I think police can help her go out when they are her parents and it could realy be complicated, Good luck and deal wisely with police.
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Guys, this is the UAE, things do not work here like they do elsewhere. If you were her husband it would be a different story, but you're not! Getting the police involved is a bad, bad, idea and could go horribly wrong, they will take her fathers word over yours any day of the week and if he decides to get nasty, could accuse you of haveing a s.e.xual relationship with his daughter outside of wedlock, which would have huge consequences! Plus if they are a muslim family, you will be in big trouble! If she is on her fathers sponsorship, he has every right to hold the passport here.

Sorry but you're really stuck with situation, unless she goes to the embassy herself and complains of abuse.

A better option would be to go to the Malaysian embassy on her behalf and see what they say.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Have you ever thought she might not want to see you? And being polite about it?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Feb 21, 2012
Thats a bit mean Nucleus.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Surely you realise that the police here are different to the police in Singapore.

Also, has it occured to you that she might not want to leave home? If a person wants to live in their parents home, they must follow their parents rules - it doesn't matter how old they are. Unless she is ready to leave home, then you don't have a whole lot of options.

Also, you haven't told us what religion you both are, but it sounds like she is a Muslim and you are not. My advice to you is to let it go, there are plenty of fish in the ocean. Find a girl who's parents like you. I know mixed faith marriages work out sometimes, but sometimes they end in disaster. Watch the movie 'Not Without my Daughter' based on a true story about an American Christian woman who married an Iranian Muslim.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

I'm sorry if it came out rude. Just saying, need to look at it from all angles. Maybe she doesn't want to.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

I agree Nucleus - he doesn't know for sure that she wants to continue the relationship.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Poor Calundy. He comes here looking for some friendly advice only to be told his GF probably wants shot of him while he is concerned for her safety and sanity.
Bethsmum

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Feb 22, 2012
Indeed I have sympathy for him. I was young, naive and in love once.

It is the nature of young love to be fleeting. I fear this young man is on a one way street, yet failing to notice the signs.

As The Bard wrote:

Holy Saint Francis! What a change this is!
Is Rosaline, who you did love so dearly,
So soon forsaken? Young men's love, then, lies
Not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes.
Jesus and Mary, what a deal of salt water
Has washed your sallow cheeks for Rosaline!
How much salt water was thrown away in waste,
To season love, that did not taste love!
The sun hasn't cleared your sighs from heaven,
Your old groans still ring in my ancient ears;
Look, here, upon your cheek, the stain of an old tear
Still sits that is not washed off yet.
If ever you were yourself, and these woes yours,
You and these woes were all for Rosaline.
And are you changed? Pronounce this sentence then
Women may fall when there's no strength in men.

Romeo & Juliette Scene III

They said someday you'll find

All who love are blind

Oh, when your heart's on fire

You must realize

Smoke gets in your eyes

The Platters
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Feb 22, 2012
I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead.

Adele
Bethsmum

Re: I seriously need help... Feb 23, 2012
piece of advice....get married all your problems will be sorted!

:D

after you are married you will seriously need "FURTHER" help!

P.S I wouldnt recommend coming on a forum asking for help from people on a forum who are in a "WEEEE" bit of bother themselves ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Feb 26, 2012
Have you tried talking to her parents....instead of fighting them.
Her parents aren't flesh eating monsters u noe, they're doing all this because they think its best for her. GO and put across ur point, convince them that your best for her ! sell yourself !

YALLA ! GO MAN ! GET HER, YOU TIGER ! :P :P

tony89
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Apr 09, 2012
I completely agree with Tony!!! IF you love her.. go get her dignity and honor.. talk to her parants..and try solving the matter in a legal way... & get married. Good Luck :)
Bizemirates
BANNED

Re: I Seriously Need Help... May 14, 2012
you dont have communication with her till now? i thin on my own point of view, only your gf can go to the authorities which is the police and file a case but i doubt she will do that against her parents.
zebastian
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Jul 01, 2012
Communication restoration plan 1: Order a pizza and pass a note underneath the pie......
Cerberus
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Jul 06, 2012
culandy , dude...just wait till all this blows over..you going to the cops will only make her folks more mad at her and even more mad at you...parents are doing their job but using force is not a really good idea..i agree on that..if you really really love her...ask your parents to talk to her parents and go about this the "traditional way"
kalki123
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I Seriously Need Help... Jul 13, 2012
oh this matter is really serious.. i can only say Good Luck in this :)
AleezSheikh
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance