What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It?

Topic locked
What is a tablet pc? and what can you do with it? Jun 19, 2011
For those who dont know much about tablet pc, I recommend you go through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_personal_computer

In short its a laptop without a keyboard, you input using the digitizer (pen/stylus) or your fingers to type or play a game (like with the ipad).

So where can it be used? Its basic concept is to remove paper! Hospitals, businesses, construction company, military, oil refinery, schools, students, teachers use paper! Can paper be removed by the tablet PC?

i guess in my generation we had to carry heavy school bags, but luckly these guys in the modern technology age dont need heavy school bags!

MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Dec 20, 2011
it will be a pleasant change as it will help to replace the heavy loads. however replacing papers seems to be a far fetched idea.
avianisha
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Dec 30, 2011
This tells me about the experiment done by Govt of India to introduce aakash tablets.. its touch is very annoying.. however price is really competitive.. Hope they will come up with some major upgrades in 2012.. else a "aakash"pal bill will be passed by any tech hazare ;)
saadasharif
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Jan 02, 2012
saadasharif ,

yupp the next updated version is called Ubislate but it won't be in market before february 2012. the price indeed provokes one to think about the functionality of the tablet but it is said that it recieved good reveiws in the testing period.
avianisha
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Jan 06, 2012
Just ordered Aakash.. gonna do some crazy experiment with codes..
saadasharif
Dubai Forum Visitor

Ipads can be very useful.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

hahaha good one.. here is one more use of iPad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql71toSXNRY
saadasharif
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Jan 11, 2012
saadasharif , good one indeed. i think there will actually come a day when street vendors will sell ipads and it will be used for such trivial purposes.
avianisha
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Jan 11, 2012
That day will indeed come one day.. however before that I am eagerly waiting for a Virtual machine on mobile.. Imagine using iOS, android and windows on same mobile.. :)
saadasharif
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Jan 12, 2012
saadasharif ,

yupp guess it will happen in near future. the race to reach the no. 1 slot in mobile technologies will make the companies devise some such machine sooner rather than later.
avianisha
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? Mar 16, 2012
Hopefully we will see some graphics upgrades with tablets in 2012. There are a few quad core tablets, but they lack in the graphics department. I hope to see a client which you can merge profiles from your Steam, PSN, Live accounts with your tablet and be able to play and save your progress.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What Is A Tablet Pc? And What Can You Do With It? May 03, 2012
Technology changes had taken changes and day by day computer technology is eveolving in to educational world. Children just need to carry one tablet with him while he goes to school.

The video shared is really very good and a good example tablet usage in educational field. Thanks for sharing.
Brynnae
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk