What's The Difference Between....

Topic locked
Re: What's The Difference Between.... Dec 19, 2011
I see, you weren't meaning Shaf, although he posted exactly what you are referencing?

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

BlackburnRovers wrote:I wasnt meaning you, its just that the pics reminded me of other forums where i have seen such discussions of how Pakistanis are 99% genetically different from Indians along with the full load of pics comparing the 2

Thanks for clarifying. You'll note that I posted pics to show the similarity between inhabitants of the border area and highlighted the diversity in both countries - and that most of the pics were of non-blonds. (Some comments seem to believe I posted predominantly blondes etc.. which is funny as the pics and comments are there for all to see ;) )

As for those Pakistanis on other forums - well are in as much denial as those coming up with the bizare theories on this forum.

A dose of facts and reality sometimes helps - but some beliefs are more immune to the truth than others. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

(Some comments seem to believe I posted predominantly blondes etc..

Well lets face in Shafique, this isn't the fist time you've posted a picture of a blonde for 'research' purposes. Did you forget the blonde in the short skirt that you posted in your post?
BTW just for your own peace of mind, don't forget to clear the history of what you've googled :wink:

--- Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm ---

Thanks for the clarification of the difference between Sunnis and Shi'ites. You don't particularly like them do you? I thought you were all supposed to be brothers?

--- Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:09 pm ---

BlackburnRovers ,

I hope you're not refering to Zonker as insecure!
He's the least insecure person I know. There aren't many Pakistani people who refer to themselves as Pakis from Pakiland, which he does. Now that's my type of Paki. He actually has a sense of humour.

I remember a taxi driver proudly showing me a picture of his wife from the Swat Valley. The picture had seen better days and he'd obviously spent many a happy moment gazing at it.
She was as blonde as they come but quite clearly a Pakistani. I didn't stare at it long enough to see if she was a genuine blonde or had had the Domestos bottle out as I was too busy watching the road for him whilst he looked at me in his rear view mirror.
Bless his cotton socks.

--- Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm ---

No explanation for the difference between fog and mist? No takers?

How about what's the difference between Aspergers and Autism?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dr.Bethsmum , Je t'aime!! :shock: and I hereby banish all the unworthy thoughts that I might have ever entertained about you...... forever!! :D Although you've cornered me with your question about Aspergers and Autism. I need some time to think........ :lol:

BlackburnRovers: Are you South Indian sir?? That might explain somewhat your insecurity about black skin color :P
zonker
BANNED

Bethsmum wrote:How about what's the difference between Aspergers and Autism?

Asperger sufferers in general are (much) more high-functioning than autists. Asperger is still within autism though. An Asperger sufferer is an autist, but not every autist is an Asperger sufferer. Aspie's can function in society (albeit are socially very awkward) and typically occupy number crunching jobs.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Fascinating stuff FD. :roll: (The 'aspies' may not recognise the sarcasm ;) )

Can you tell us what Psychological projection or projection bias is?

:D

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dr.Bethsmum , Je t'aime!! and I hereby banish all the unworthy thoughts that I might have ever entertained about you...... forever!!

I quite like unworthy thoughts, I think :?
Bethsmum

Sufferers of Aspergers Syndrome tend to be extremely clever, numbers, computers etc & tend to be "loners" where as Autistic tend to have lots of behavioural issue's. I have current experience with both syndromes with children & Autistic is very much easier to recognise.
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Sandstormlady ,

That definately described someone I used to work with. She was the strangest girl, who still lived at home with her parents at 40. Not that that's strange in itself but she was. She used to wear an anorac and fasten the hood really tightly, just like that character off of South Park.
She used to rush away at night in case she had to walk to the car park with anyone and had two teddies on the backseat of her car (a Fiesta) secured by seat belts.
She got her car nicked one day and what a trauma! We rigged up a ransom note for the teddies with them holding a copy of that day's Sun.
She left shortly after.
Bethsmum

Anybody wearing an anorak, teddies in a car, to make matters worse a little chavvy car & at 40 years old deserved to be fired, I'm shocked that she was given the choice to leave! (note to self, don't buy a fiesta when I arrive in Jan)
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What's The Difference Between.... Dec 20, 2011
Sandstormlady wrote:Anybody wearing an anorak, teddies in a car, to make matters worse a little chavvy car & at 40 years old deserved to be fired, I'm shocked that she was given the choice to leave! (note to self, don't buy a fiesta when I arrive in Jan)

Where are my manners? Welcome to DF SSL, you will probably become SSL as I have become BM :D I hope you stick around as we could always do with some new blood at DF. I'm still a newbie myself I believe, as I have only posted here for around 18 months. It's been a rocky road, I can tell you but we are all one virtual disfunctional family here.
Keep your flak jacket ready :D

Anyways! I see you are moving to Dubai in Jan. Lucky you but take my advice and don't buy a little car when you get there. Get the biggest and fastest thing you can. When I'm in Dubai (I live in the UK) I sometimes hire a car, It's usually a Yaris, much to Beth's embarassment :oops:
Driving a small car in Dubai is the biggest laxative known to man. Nobody gives way to you and at times you have to close your eyes and put your foot down.
I've tried to smile sweetly at people to let me out, it works with the locals but not the Indians or the Pakistanis.

BTW I work for the Government. Nobody ever gets the sack. Only MPs who go to dodgy parties.
The strange woman left and 4 days later she reapplied for her old job. I was obliged to interview her but didn't re-employ her.
She turned up in a polka dot elasticated waist skirt, white tights and a pair of white mocassins.
I immediately called the fashion police and had her removed from the building :D

I'm not a lover of fizzy drinks but was feeling a bit dehydrated after the office do and called into the local filling station on my way to work looking for something to make me feel better. A Big Mac usually does the trick but thought I would count the calories.

What's the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero?
Bethsmum

Ha ha! So funny BM:-) I noticed you wrote about your new local Sainsburys & did wonder. Do you have a holiday home in Dubai then? My hubby's already there & I've got a Wrangler Jeep to play around in for a while, maybe until I soil it totally then when I can drive like The Whacky Races I'll get something more decent. Where in the UK are you?
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

I'm in the beautiful Lake District! Yes, I have a holiday home in Dubai. I was able to buy it on the proceeds of my divorce settlement. LOL

A Jeep sounds good to me!
Bethsmum

Almost forgot. Answer to your question my dear is taste! Coke zero is sweetened with aspartame & some kinda potassium, contains only 1/2 a calorie aswell. Diet coke however has a full calorie a is sweetened only with Aspartame. Therefore completely & utterly different taste. (no polka dot elasticated skirts for you if you continue down the "Zero" route) Oo, come to think of it then, was she a big ole chunder bucket?
What's the difference in Coke Max then to regular coke?
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Sandstormlady ,

Let's call her Gillian to keep her anon. That was actually her name but I don't think she visits DF so I reckon I'm safe :D She wasn't really a lard arse as had regular eating habits. I once asked her to change her dinner hour. It was the day she travelled to the local Uni to study. She told me she couldn't change as her mother insisted she had something warm inside her before she travelled. We all reckoned that was her father :mrgreen:

You seem a bit of a medical person SSL.

I'm not much of a Coke drinker and it would have to be cold. I'd go with regular to Max anyday. It's about the can.
Bethsmum

Re: What's The Difference Between.... Dec 21, 2011
uaehop
Dubai Forums Member

Re: What's The Difference Between.... Dec 22, 2011
BM, if you want people to let you out into traffic, forget indicating, you need to wind the window down and stick your arm out, works everytime.

SSl, welcome to the forum. There's nothing wrong with w Wrangler - the new ones are fab and perfect for here. As BM says, avoid small cars and get a decent 4x4.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Wind the window down? Can't I pay a little man to do that for me? :-)
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

I can't remember when I last wound a window down. I'm all electric.
Bethsmum

The last time I wound anything was erm, well actually last night if I'm honest when I got slaughtered & thought I was Beyonce, hubby told me to "wind my neck in!" :-):-)
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Sandstormlady wrote:The last time I wound anything was erm, well actually last night if I'm honest when I got slaughtered & thought I was Beyonce, hubby told me to "wind my neck in!" :-)

Onatopp? You like it rough, hey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyZYtN6YCs

I like it rough too at times, but this is a bit too much for me.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What's The Difference Between.... Dec 23, 2011
I had to watch on youtube FD. I'd have to keep the racket down in my house, I'd have Beth up asking what was going on!

Sandstormlady wrote:The last time I wound anything was erm, well actually last night if I'm honest when I got slaughtered & thought I was Beyonce, hubby told me to "wind my neck in!" :-):-)

Were you singing or were you flaunting your backside? Or is it J-Lo with the big bum? :drunken:
Did your husband think Christmas had come early?

That's a good 'what's the difference!'
What's the difference between Beyonce and J-Lo?
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat