Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road?

Topic locked
Why oh why are these losers still on the road? Apr 27, 2011
So I'm merrily making my way to work and in the middle of over taking a car, when some complete ******* **** *** decides to zoom up behind me and try to get into my boot! I indicate that I'm going to get out of his way, but obviously there's another car kind of blocking the way just now. I get round the other car and start to move across, but this **** can't wait all of 5 seconds for me to make the move and literally tries to shove me into the other lane!

Righto, get on the horn, call the cops and report his ***, so I do. Then I get to work and hop on the police website - I always like to see how much trouble these idiots are in - low and behold he has 10,000 Dhs in speeding and Salik fines, one for 1,000 Dhs alone for going 60kmh over the limit! WTF! So obviously his vehicle is wanted for impounding.

Why is he still on the road - bloody menace!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? Apr 28, 2011
Eesh , What a serious A-H0le !, i can tell you that most of if not ALL drivers in the middle east are terrible, Saudi Drivers being right at the top of the list, everyday when they are out to drive their objective is to die in the most horrific way possible
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Why oh why are these losers still on the road? Apr 28, 2011
Did you manage to get through the RTA call centre and report the guy? I've never managed to get someone on the line

Btw, what bike will you get once you're licensed?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

KeithL wrote:Did you manage to get through the RTA call centre and report the guy? I've never managed to get someone on the line

Btw, what bike will you get once you're licensed?

Yup, there's a dedicated number 800 4353 - they don't always speak English, but will find someone who does.

My other half is going to give me his Honda Shadow as he just bought a Harley :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? Apr 28, 2011
Shadow, nice !! good luck with the horrible tests

So is there any follow up on the complaint?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

No they don't call you back. All you can do is check the website to see if they've issued a fine.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? Apr 30, 2011
I have called the same number before but they don't seem to comprehend that speeding (arguably not for me to decide anyway), lane disipline/not signalling or tailgating are bad.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? Apr 30, 2011
Ah and that is just the tip of the ice berg .. I think the accidents that some of these chaps are well just utterly spectacular in a black somber kinda way .... I mean they don't just right of the BMW 7 series, they also arn't wearing seat belts , and at times children on dash areas.... sheezzz , so its simply a blender at work, G Forges are never appreciated ... forget near misses , and the RTA traveling around the UAE with a volvo on a pivot spindle thats 'supposed' to teach folks / school kids what a roll over is all about .. hmm nothing compares to the nanoseconds of sheer frozen terror as it unfolds for the hapless unsuspecting victims....

Yes I could not agree more .... harsher sentencing regarding such utter disregard for others lives , I mean that what keeps many other countries drivers in check, loss of licenses, jail terms big $ fines, cars impounded rar rar rar... but hey its early days an its a young country, we expats are expendable in grand picture... its their road mentality.... its' MY ' lane don't get in my way is how many see the black top we all use and some abuse. What is the road down to Abu Dhabi .. speed limit 120km/h , cameras set for 140km/h and then we see cars going past at speeds of 160 - 180 - 220 plus ... lets face it ur traveling at these speeds from Abu Dhabi towards Dubai, by the time u hit heavier traffic up sheik Zayed Rd ur perception for city speeds is warped big time ..... forget braking distance, reaction times .... yep driving is def a science... so is staying alive on the roads.. its even crap over here in Fujairah at times , yep no1's safe. But being a car enthusiasts to me its like the wild west compared to Sydney. maybe all UAE cars should get roll bars and we all wear crash helmets ?? Heaven forbid we introduce speed limiters ... now that's something to smile about. reminds me of amusement park dodge 'em cars.. mashing that accelerator trying to play catchup .. lol

Hey Zubber I hope I didn't loose you on this post mate ... hang in there buddy. ;-)
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Why oh why are these losers still on the road? Apr 30, 2011
I thought most people in Fujairah drove 1970's Toyota Cedric's?

Hard to get one of those over 50kmph, let alone 150!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? May 01, 2011
Mate many do ... straight out-a the arc ... but some come down from Abu Dhabi .. thats when it gets messy .... Abu drivers think Fuj is still the hwy .... lol .... wham bam ..... like I say messy ....

But ur right once u enter Fuj .. u enter the .. drum roll ... time zone ... of the lost era ...
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Marty wrote:Mate many do ... straight out-a the arc ... but some come down from Abu Dhabi .. thats when it gets messy .... Abu drivers think Fuj is still the hwy .... lol .... wham bam ..... like I say messy ....

But ur right once u enter Fuj .. u enter the .. drum roll ... time zone ... of the lost era ...

OK, I have tried the speed tablets but cant keep up.

Tanslator in the house please?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Why oh why are these losers still on the road? May 01, 2011
Well we had two classic instances last week. Some douche on emirates road was letting his young girl stand up out the sunroof as the traffic was moving slowly. But traffic was up and down and she kept popping out. I did a few gestures, but with no luck, then when the traffic basically came to a halt, I got out my car and slammed on his windscreen and told him, that would be the little girl smashing into it, if he had to stop suddenly. I told him she either sits down and straps herself in, or I'll report him - of course both he and his mate have their seatbelts on.

Second one, OH and I are driving home and this complete moron is reversing back off the main road, so he can stop and watch some poor bloke being scraped up into an ambulance - Ohhhh OH gave him what for, plus they had a child in the car, what sort of example is that?

Brainless idiots!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Am smiling .. firstly at Drew-keep popin the rock candy ,white lady , hammer , angel dust.. ice; )-peacock .. mate if u CANT keep up .. then simply eat dust of those stream out in front and lay back let the sun set in your lil hammock and have another bud light .... or whatever is ur poison .... coz life’s too short to explain everything twice....but plz keep commenting as I do love entertaining convocations…
Secondly.. Choc's def not someone u wanna mess with if ur local , ignorant and retarded on the road .... keep up the good work Choc..... yes ur right they R MORONS, the few that behave in a manner that jeopardizes the innocent... and yeah i am laughin my arse off... as u explained the situation quite vividly. I’m picturing the looks on the faces of those you berated. Go girl.
Problem is …..Some of this stupidity doesn’t stop at the borders of this country.. we see it in various places globally. So next time they are hooking folks up with tickets to the moon , i might grab two. Hey Pea-rooster... mate they handed out tickets in 1969 , when man 1st walked on the moon .... lol. Just pre-empting a wacky kick back. Ok u had to be an astronaut.. hmmm aren’t u ?
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Marty wrote:Am smiling .. firstly at Drew-keep popin the rock candy ,white lady , hammer , angel dust.. ice; )-peacock .. mate if u CANT keep up .. then simply eat dust of those stream out in front and lay back let the sun set in your lil hammock and have another bud light .... or whatever is ur poison .... coz life’s too short to explain everything twice....but plz keep commenting as I do love entertaining convocations…
Secondly.. Choc's def not someone u wanna mess with if ur local , ignorant and retarded on the road .... keep up the good work Choc..... yes ur right they R MORONS, the few that behave in a manner that jeopardizes the innocent... and yeah i am laughin my arse off... as u explained the situation quite vividly. I’m picturing the looks on the faces of those you berated. Go girl.
Problem is …..Some of this stupidity doesn’t stop at the borders of this country.. we see it in various places globally. So next time they are hooking folks up with tickets to the moon , i might grab two. Hey Pea-rooster... mate they handed out tickets in 1969 , when man 1st walked on the moon .... lol. Just pre-empting a wacky kick back. Ok u had to be an astronaut.. hmmm aren’t u ?

er did I say they were locals? No I didn't and they weren't so you 'assumed' incorrectly - a dangerous thing here! The guys with the girl hanging out the roof, were probably Lebanese and the staring lots were Indians.

-- Sun May 01, 2011 6:29 pm --

This however is so sad and shocking!

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... ding%20mum

Two children were killed and two more injured when their mother lost control of her car and the vehicle crashed on Hatta Road in Dubai.

Head of Dubai Traffic Prosecution Salah Bu Farousha said the accident happened at 8.30pm yesterday near the Saeer area in Hatta.

“The 29-year-old Emirati mother was speeding and lost control on the wheel and slipped onto the right lane and hit a 4x4. She lost control and her car turned over twice,” he said.

“She has four children. Two of them died at the scene-one and the other two and two housemaids were injured in the crash and taken to Rashid Hospital to recover.”

Public prosecution is investigating to find out the exact cause of the accident and decide whether the mother should face charges.
---------------------

Of course she should face charges, for a start she had SEVEN people in a regular saloon car, she was speeding, I bet my bottom dollar the youngsters were sat on the laps of the maids. When will these people learn?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Marty wrote:Am smiling .. firstly at Drew-keep popin the rock candy ,white lady , hammer , angel dust.. ice; )-peacock .. mate if u CANT keep up .. then simply eat dust of those stream out in front and lay back let the sun set in your lil hammock and have another bud light .... or whatever is ur poison .... coz life’s too short to explain everything twice....but plz keep commenting as I do love entertaining convocations…

I kinda have to ask...

Just what drugs are you taking?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:

I kinda have to ask...

Just what drugs are you taking?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Maybe it's one of those tests, to see how much your brain can understand out of mangled words.

Marty please learn to use proper sentence structure, punctuation and full stops. Long run on sentences are incredible hard to read.

Thank you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? May 02, 2011
I don't think I understood everything :shock:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

None .. lol no drugs in this dept mate ... and secondly i never 'assume' only presume ... who wants to make an a*s*s outa u an me .... LOL

I wrote a tonne of other stuff , then thought uck it .... and deleted it .... .. .. long and short of this or any other 'forum ' its just a place to vent and let of steam .. so go for it .... vent away my young grasshoppers... life too short to really take any of this personally .... just too bloody short .. mate .... I'm off to cook some steaks on the BBQ , and then go for a swim / gym ... healthy n happy ... not sour bitter and ultimately twisted ... ha ha ha ..... ( oh knight .. if only u could see yourself through an others eyes ... such an invaluable perceptive , but will u ever be so lucky >???? ) ... we are merely a perception to others ... so how u manage that is entirely up to u .... I could be Dr. Hannibal Lecter 4 all any1 knows .. now now ... don't get all defensive on me ... lmao ... tch tch tch :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

We're saying that the way in which you write is difficult to understand.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Hey choc'o' .. I thought being unique is what billions aspire to .. lol ..mate I like my informal blurb .. u better not see my web site then ( and no it aint p<3n - crikey !! ) .. u may get a migraine .. lmao....ah dear ZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzz This why I just prefer talking to fellow ocker Aussies .. we just understand each other .... no translations req'd ..... yawn ... oh here it comes .... the tirade .. right i am off walkabout lol.

remember we call em thongs. And u lot call em Sandles or flip-flops .. lmao

Just look up Carl Barron on you tube.....Aussie comedian .. u may even get educated on a few Aussie sayings ....

I might pop back for a few days .. just so u guys can stew up a brew on some other topics .... make a topic on the Inland Taipan - native to Australia and is regarded as the most venomous land snake in the world based on LD50 values in mice ... maybe would bring a few over and let them loose in Dubai ... a little bit of Oz in UAE lmao ... joy oh frikken joy.

Typos ... what typos ......
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

^^ English, man , English !
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Why oh why are these losers still on the road? May 02, 2011
Reminds me of Murdoch in the A Team!

...Or Klunk from Stop the Pigeon?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dear oh Dear Oh Dear.

We either have a robot on our hands or some Indian gentleman with an English translation soundboard.

I attempted to set corrections to what can only be described as an abortion of a paragraph, but my post looked as though it had experienced being dragged through a beaheding session.

Come on now Marty boy "QUEENS ENGLISH" if you can!
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Why oh why are these losers still on the road? May 02, 2011
Dubai Knight wrote:
...Or Klunk from Stop the Pigeon?

Knight

ROFL , That was one of my fav cartoons back in the day heh
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Why Oh Why Are These Losers Still On The Road? May 03, 2011
spellcheckergirl wrote:I attempted to set corrections to what can only be described as an abortion of a paragraph, but my post looked as though it had experienced being dragged through a beaheding session.

So much for a spell checker that can't spell ! :?
desertdudeshj

spellcheckergirl also comes from JBR forum and is likely an alias for someone having another account here, best to add to foe list.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:spellcheckergirl also comes from JBR forum and is likely an alias for someone having another account here, best to add to foe list.

Kanelli, I like others frequent a number of forums with my main purpose in life is only to point out the frequent errors of other forum posters.

You should be glad of the assistance as it will only serve to better such things as job prospects etc.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

spellcheckergirl wrote:my main purpose in life is only to point out the frequent errors of other forum posters.

So basicaly just a loser.
desertdudeshj

spellcheckergirl wrote:Kanelli, I like others frequent a number of forums with my main purpose in life is only to point out the frequent errors of other forum posters.

After reading this, I very briefly considered setting up an account as "Grammar Guy", but on reflection, I don't have the time or inclination..........

Plus, I'd have to type everything so slowly, and go over it again and again, to make sure i didn't make any errors :D

-- Tue May 03, 2011 1:37 pm --

On the subject of driving over here, i haven't seen any "locals" taking lessons or tests on the roads. Most of the time it's Indians, etc that i see in the Driving School cars.

Is there a seperate arrangement for locals?
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

desertdudeshj wrote:
spellcheckergirl wrote:my main purpose in life is only to point out the frequent errors of other forum posters.

So basicaly just a loser.

Hmm, If she is a girl she needs some jungle type lovin , that should solve most of her problems :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat