A Quick Question About House Maid Sponsorship.

Topic locked
A quick question about house maid sponsorship. Apr 05, 2011
Dear fellow forum members,

I hope some one who had this experience can give me an answer/suggestion.

I have a housemaid under my sponsorship. Her visa period is for one year and has completed only four months.

What will happen to her visa if I change my job? Is the sponsorship transferable to my new job?

Both my present job and new job are in free zones but in different ones.

zaq
Dubai Forum User

Re: A quick question about house maid sponsorship. Apr 05, 2011
zaq wrote:Dear fellow forum members,

I have a housemaid under my sponsorship. Her visa period is for one year and has completed only four months.

What will happen to her visa if I change my job? Is the sponsorship transferable to my new job?

Hi Zaq,

Great question.

Unfortunately we at DF may pretend to know stuff but we know nothing...especially about real questions. And yes, I speak for all (not the only one).

Nevertheless, I think her visa attaches to you "personally' and when time comes to renew you will just renew with the new visa information (as you will have a different employer)...but see above.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: A quick question about house maid sponsorship. Apr 05, 2011
Unfortunately we at DF may pretend to know stuff but we know nothing...especially about real questions. And yes, I speak for all (not the only one).

That reminds me of a time I tackled someone foreign about a job he was doing. He told me in no uncertain terms that it was obvious I thought he knew 'F*ck nothing, when in fact he knew F*ck all!'
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: A quick question about house maid sponsorship. Apr 06, 2011
Ambassador wrote:
zaq wrote:Dear fellow forum members,

Hi Zaq,

Great question.

Nevertheless, I think her visa attaches to you "personally' and when time comes to renew you will just renew with the new visa information (as you will have a different employer)...but see above.

This is the correct situation.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat