What Future For The Middle East

Topic locked
What future for the middle east Mar 31, 2011
This discovery is going to put the middle east out of trillions of $$ in oil business. 10 years from now, wow that s tomorrow
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110331/bs ... -container

gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What future for the middle east Mar 31, 2011
Producing bio-fuel from algae is still a pipe dream.

So, to answer your question, not much.

More importantly, the same trends in the middle east and greater Muslim world will be same; fanaticism, intolerance and hatred.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What future for the middle east Mar 31, 2011
Better a broke fundamentalist than a rich one. Once they lose their oil revenues, who will give a s#it of arabs anyways
capsicum
BANNED

Re: What future for the middle east Apr 01, 2011
gertrude wrote:This discovery is going to put the middle east out of trillions of $$ in oil business. 10 years from now, wow that s tomorrow

Since the 1973 oil embargo, nearly 40 years ago, the West has been trying to wean itself out its dependence on Arab oil, but that never happened. To the contrary, their reliance on Arab oil has been steadily growing since then.

Fuel from algae, as EH said, is indeed a pipe dream!! Oil is still KING, and will remain so for probably the next 50 years or so!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: What future for the middle east Apr 03, 2011
Tom Jones wrote:
gertrude wrote:This discovery is going to put the middle east out of trillions of $$ in oil business. 10 years from now, wow that s tomorrow

Since the 1973 oil embargo, nearly 40 years ago, the West has been trying to wean itself out its dependence on Arab oil, but that never happened. To the contrary, their reliance on Arab oil has been steadily growing since then.

Fuel from algae, as EH said, is indeed a pipe dream!! Oil is still KING, and will remain so for probably the next 50 years or so!!

8) 8)

Presumably you won’t believe me, but 10 years from now, you will have the option of fuelling your car with something that is not derived from crude oil.
zaq
Dubai Forum User

Probably not something to worry about in this lifetime, but I agree that the middle east will be an uninhabitable place without oil.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:Probably not something to worry about in this lifetime, but I agree that the middle east will be an uninhabitable place without oil.

I agree...I don't think we'll see that happen in our lifetime!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat