No opinion
11%

Total votes : 18

The new DF. Feb 28, 2011
What do you think? Is it better now?

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: The New DF. Feb 28, 2011
Too early to tell IMO, better give it some more time I say.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Yep, IMO no moderation is the best,
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: The new DF. Feb 28, 2011
I think you’re jumping the gun a little FD, it was only last Friday Andyba posted the following;

Any personal attack will be considered abuse.
There are no more moderators... by the way.
We will be switching to a new way of moderating Dubai Forums soon.

dubai-chat/temporary-ban-for-fights-outside-fight-club-t45617.html#p368957

I think everyone is awaiting further instructions from ‘The Big Giant Head’

Can anyone identify the characters in DF?

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Harry is the best for 3rfts
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Too soon to tell. Soon enough there will be a flare-up and then we'll see....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

ooh no there won't... :lol:
Dillon

Re: The New DF. Mar 01, 2011
Can't say for sure. There already seem to be forces amassing at the borders in one thread.
desertdudeshj

Re: The new DF. Mar 01, 2011
Oh yes there will.... :lol:

Andyba says we can all kick off in the FC but we all have to nicey nice on the forum. Now if we're all nicey nice all the time how's anything going to get to FC?

On a serious note, the choice of some of the moderators was pants. Changing titles of topics because they didn't like them, having the last say and locking a topic! All pathetic in the grand scheme of things. It has brought some of them down to earth with a big bang and a wake up call that they aren't the great white ( :D ) chiefs they thought they were.

Anyways I'm of to the Politics thing to post about that Muslim terrorist gadgy who plotted to blow up a plane in the UK.
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:Can't say for sure. There already seem to be forces amassing at the borders in one thread.

In your dreams :lol:
Dillon

Is that my dreams or DDS's?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Is that my dreams or DDS's?

You need to ask?

Dillon

DDS told me what happens in his dreams :shock:
Bethsmum

:pukeright:
Dillon

There you go ! People already testing the limits ;)
desertdudeshj

Oh where's your sense of humour munchkin!
Bethsmum

You can either join in the good humoured banter DDS, or stay on the periphery and nurture that chip on your shoulder, I would join in, I’m sure you would be welcomed by all, contribute to the discussions, take and give a little good humoured banter, that’s all, if you feel uncomfortable at any time you just have to say so, or invite someone to the FC where you can sort out your virtual differences.

Regards
Dillon

Bethsmum wrote:On a serious note, the choice of some of the moderators was pants. Changing titles of topics because they didn't like them, having the last say and locking a topic! All pathetic in the grand scheme of things. It has brought some of them down to earth with a big bang and a wake up call that they aren't the great white ( :D ) chiefs they thought they were.

Amen. would not have used the word "pants" :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Some people need to know the difference between (1) what is banter, humor, debate, which all acceptable behavior, and (2) where there is abusive name calling that is directed at one person, baiting, stirring things up, which is no acceptable. For those who have the need to go in the direction of (2) there is Fight Club as Andyba pointed out.

I think things have been working well. More topics are being posted, more humor has been brought to the forum, no flame throwing in debates (or elsewhere), no baiting (up til now that is!!).
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Misery Called Life wrote:Too soon to tell. Soon enough there will be a flare-up and then we'll see....

Exactly!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Too soon to tell. Soon enough there will be a flare-up and then we'll see....

Exactly!

I'm sure it's bound to happen, but who will be the culprit, that is the question!!! Who will be "the weakest link"???? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

What's the matter with pants Ambassador? I quite like the word 'pants'! That's BM's attempt at being moderate!
Bethsmum

I don’t think that DF is now being left totally without any moderation. If you look closely, you can see evidence of that.

The way I understood it from Andy is that there's going to be a new system of moderation, to be put into effect soon. I’m not really sure if that’s the case!

Well..if so, we’ll see then how the new system works!!!

Honestly, I don't think the current system will work, i.e., DF being left without thorough moderation by several moderators. No one person can moderate all the posts on all the DF various forums unless he or she is on DF almost 24/7.

Hey...Wait a minute!!! There is one Mod whom I think got closest to that ....!!

I'll let you guys guess who that is!!!!! :lol: :lol:

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Well I think it's working ok so far and it's making people think before they psot. I'm sure Andy knows what he's doing.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: The new DF. Mar 02, 2011
Tom Jones wrote:I don’t think that DF is now being left totally without any moderation. If you look closely, you can see evidence of that.

The way I understood it from Andy is that there's going to be a new system of moderation, to be put into effect soon. I’m not really sure if that’s the case!

Honestly, I don't think the current system will work, i.e., DF being left without thorough moderation by several moderators. No one person can moderate all the posts on all the DF various forums unless he or she is on DF almost 24/7.

8) 8)

Does he wear a dodgy hat TJ?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:I don’t think that DF is now being left totally without any moderation. If you look closely, you can see evidence of that.

8) 8)

Does he wear a dodgy hat TJ?

Not too hard to figure out! Is it?? :D :D

Tom

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:10 pm --

Akasha wrote:Well I think it's working ok so far and it's making people think before they psot. I'm sure Andy knows what he's doing.

No, Chocs! I don’t agree!

This forum cannot afford to be blocked in the UAE because of some crazy poster who might decide to put up an x-rated picture or an article that viciously attacks the ruling family. Or perhaps a very offensive item about Islam or its prophet!!

We know that Local Big Brother is watching this site, and if they see something like this showing up on DF, DF will likely be blocked in the UAE and put on the black list!!

You need enough moderators (censors) to keep DF clean, and to keep it from being blocked!!!

My opinion!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Didn't think you'd miss your old job with so much passion TJ, why weren't you that active when employed by the Big Head?

Tell me, what exactly were your actions as a moderator in your short period of employment?

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 pm --

Well...what did you actually do as a moderator at DF?

Don't be shy now.

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 pm --

Hmmm, what was that?

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 pm --

Aahhh... that would be... Nothing then? right? please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that would in fact be absolutely ...NOTHING?

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 pm --

Aren't you the one who thought Americans were the best thing since sliced bread? :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 pm --

Bora's OK, but she is subject to exceptional circumstances, you on the other hand don't have any excuses! :lol:
Dillon

Akasha wrote:Well I think it's working ok so far and it's making people think before they psot. I'm sure Andy knows what he's doing.

"PSOT" I have looked up almost every reference book and a number of languages.

No psot found 8)
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: The new DF. Mar 03, 2011
spellcheckergirl wrote:

No psot found 8)

Thanks for looking for us - we were all stumped and thought it was an acronym for Program for Survivors of Torture. Anyway I think its just a typo and was meant to say post. Nevertheless thanks for contributing.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: The new DF. Mar 03, 2011
spellcheckergirl wrote:

No psot found 8)

SCG, you make BM LOL! :wink:
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat