:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2006
For once in his life is spot on!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 06, 2006
The nationalities of the criminals had a lot to do with how they were sentenced. I bet they will be out in a few months time if they don't get pardoned after sentencing. Justice here was not served, feel sorry for the poor visitor visiting Dubai. Wonder how they would have sentenced a few foreign men had this happened to a local girl? I bet you anything they would not have gotten two years :roll:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Back to bashing locals then are we?........... Mar 11, 2006
Please try to educate yourselves before always bashing locals on this forum!!!

Its absolutely ridiculous to believe that because the guys were UAE nationals they received a light sentence!!!

Im obviously against the 2 year sentence, it should be more, but please feed your tiny minds with information before making statements that are untrue.

And for all the local bashers i ask you this....."how many locals do you actually know, and im not talking about your work colleagues, Im talking true friends here.Probably none because you either are racist towards them or they cant be bothered to give you the time of day because you are a moaning expat!

Sorry for the rant, but it has to be said!!

:lol:
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2006
One would hate to e against the locals but there are many things that point negatively towards their direction. Here is one for you. Look at my case at www.dubaicheckfraud.com
The guy can't be found and the local law does not allow for locals to have wanted pictures in the local newspapers or on the news or any sot of media. So the guy is as loose as a Dog in the streets of the Emirates while no one but the local authorities knows that he is a wanted person. Why are pictures of Indian people printed in the paper for small crimes and pictures of locals never printed in the papers for big crimes? A crime is a crime no matter who you are. In Islam God did not seperate Inidans or any other Nationals and Say the Emirate Nationals are an exception. Try and see things from our point of view. we come to Dubai with good intentions but reality proves other wise once we encounter situations with the law. Try suing a local, he has no address but a Post Office Box that is closed :roll: Try printing an advert in the paper to try and find a local, immediater rejection
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Back to bashing locals then are we?........... Mar 11, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:Please try to educate yourselves before always bashing locals on this forum!!!

Its absolutely ridiculous to believe that because the guys were UAE nationals they received a light sentence!!!

Im obviously against the 2 year sentence, it should be more, but please feed your tiny minds with information before making statements that are untrue.

And for all the local bashers i ask you this....."how many locals do you actually know, and im not talking about your work colleagues, Im talking true friends here.Probably none because you either are racist towards them or they cant be bothered to give you the time of day because you are a moaning expat!

Sorry for the rant, but it has to be said!!

:lol:

Actually I have lots of local friends and all are very nice. But you hear on a regular basis of locals getting off lightly, traffic fines, not getting booked for things, even if in the wrong the other person is to blame. Sorry but what you say is total rubbish, of course they got off lightly because they're local - it happoens every single day! So to say it doesn't you must be blind! No-one is local bashing either - it's a fact!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:One would hate to e against the locals but there are many things that point negatively towards their direction. Here is one for you. Look at my case at www.dubaicheckfraud.com
The guy can't be found and the local law does not allow for locals to have wanted pictures in the local newspapers or on the news or any sot of media. So the guy is as loose as a Dog in the streets of the Emirates while no one but the local authorities knows that he is a wanted person. Why are pictures of Indian people printed in the paper for small crimes and pictures of locals never printed in the papers for big crimes? A crime is a crime no matter who you are. In Islam God did not seperate Inidans or any other Nationals and Say the Emirate Nationals are an exception. Try and see things from our point of view. we come to Dubai with good intentions but reality proves other wise once we encounter situations with the law. Try suing a local, he has no address but a Post Office Box that is closed :roll: Try printing an advert in the paper to try and find a local, immediater rejection

yeah i did read ur post and site. too bad uAE is still behind in implementing laws protecting expatriates from l0cal con men.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
Sorry but what you say is total rubbish

Not totally rubbish... dubai is getting easy on crimes, read this: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... heuae&col=
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2006
Fooking hell! That's terrible! Poor child. The guy needs to be crastrated. 5 years is an appalling sentence.

But is it me or does it appear that s-e-x crimes aren't taken very seriously?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 12, 2006
I wonder though Choco if it was a local raping a Pakistani boy would you immediately say "see i told you locals get off easy", kinda proving sheikas point.

The root problem is people are getting off too easy, no matter of race or nationality, castration is appropriate for taking a Child’s innocence, when you get lax on crime, crime increases.

Flip side is there is a small group of locals that do believe they are above the law and another group of expats (arab) who dress in local garb, doing so to play into the facad that all “locals” are rich and untouchable, the assholes I’ve met in Kandoras have all not been UAE people, the Nationals I work with treat me very well and work just as hard as any expat, every group has its bad apples and people should be judged for themselves (easier said than done I know but we should all try to be open)

At the end of the day most people on this board want to see the UAE grow and flourish and want to be proud to call this place home, this is only attainable if we all work together.

My two fils.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 12, 2006
Well, that article kinda sticks it right up the "locals get off easier" idealists (no pun intended) :roll: , considering it was a local boy that was violated.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
Nucleus wrote:
Sorry but what you say is total rubbish

Not totally rubbish... dubai is getting easy on crimes, read this: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... heuae&col=

A British ( If I remember correctly ) lady gets GANG RAPED by locals and the locals get 2 years jail time. A local boy gets molested and the Pakistanian National gets 5 Years in Jail :roll: While both crimes are unethical and need to be punished. Honestly speaking here, who got raped here and got off with less then half of the jail time? Also, one person's actions at one time are different then 5-7 people's actions combined. 5-7 people shows support or commitment towards the crime while one could have been out of whack at the time. Both should be punished but getting off with less then half of the others' punishment for a self commited crime compared to a united crime is either questionable or shows some sort of leniency towards the local criminals. Here it is called a partial pardon.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2006
You've captured my point well in that analogy, it pales in comparison and it really portrays the image that this place is not at all serious about crimes of such nature.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
fayz wrote:I wonder though Choco if it was a local raping a Pakistani boy would you immediately say "see i told you locals get off easy", kinda proving sheikas point.

The root problem is people are getting off too easy, no matter of race or nationality, castration is appropriate for taking a Child’s innocence, when you get lax on crime, crime increases.

Flip side is there is a small group of locals that do believe they are above the law and another group of expats (arab) who dress in local garb, doing so to play into the facad that all “locals” are rich and untouchable, the assholes I’ve met in Kandoras have all not been UAE people, the Nationals I work with treat me very well and work just as hard as any expat, every group has its bad apples and people should be judged for themselves (easier said than done I know but we should all try to be open)

At the end of the day most people on this board want to see the UAE grow and flourish and want to be proud to call this place home, this is only attainable if we all work together.

My two fils.

well i do agree with harsh law ...........but castration! damn!......h-h-h0w c-c-can 0ne live w-w-w-without the p-p-p-prrrrrrreecious! :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 15, 2006
Ok ok .this is gonna go on forever............

maybe the number one thing we could learn from this story is.......

Dont go home with strangers.
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2006
good advice SS
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 16, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:Ok ok .this is gonna go on forever............

....and old men. :lol: very good advice
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:Ok ok .this is gonna go on forever............

I think this implies there was some kind of fault on the victim's part... and that's what she was, the VICTIM of an appalling crime. Rape is rape whether the victim got into a car or whether it's someone who goes back for coffee and then says no. That she accepted help and a lift makes no difference at all. It doesn't give these despicable people the right to attack her. They perpetrated a terrible crime on this woman and the legal system should have thrown away the key after locking them up.

Let's just get away from the ludicrous comments that you sometimes see afer rape cases, like: "Oh well she was wearing a short skirt" or "Well, she had been drinking" or "She should never have accepted a lift". There's no excuse, it's a terrible crime and the rapists should be hit with the full force of the law whether they are nationals or expats.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums