How Are You Today?

Topic locked
How Are you Today? Feb 18, 2011
I'm good!

My dog had the runs earlier but everything's fine now.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: How Are You Today? Feb 18, 2011
Excellent, as always , thank you for asking

Dogs are known to run away, usually they are tied down to prevent that from happening
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 18, 2011
I'm pleased to hear that Zubber!

You are as random as always! I only tie my men up and not my dog.
Bethsmum

I'm good, had an amazing day with family =)
I only wish my grandma lives nearby =(

Its 2:08 AM and I'm still AWAKE :shock:
symmetric
BANNED

Well done Sym! Please go to bed! You will not be in any fit state to visit the Mosque!

BTW I hope your Grandma is well. LOL Respect your elders Sym! (Even if they are Jewish) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bethsmum

I'm not going anywhere today,I got horrible stomach ache since last night and I'm taking medcines.
Be kind to your neighbhour mother of bethany! (Even if they are Muslim). ;)
symmetric
BANNED

BM is on fine form this morning, off to work smelling of Chanel No5 :lol:

BM is always kind Sym! I love an underdog.
Bethsmum

In the world of politics we're ugly enemies, and in the world of general life we adore each other by teasing each other.
(Atleast I adore you) lol :D
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:In the world of politics we're ugly enemies, and in the world of general life we adore each other by teasing each other.
(Atleast I adore you) lol :D

I'm not sure if you are teasing me now! Ugly enemies? I wouldn't say that Sym! You look ok to BM :wink:
Hope you're feeling better by the way! Have a nice evening. :D
Bethsmum

How about good looking enemies :mrgreen: I don't look that good though :P
I'm feeling better, thanks! I had that Yemeni dish "Mandi" for lunch its delicious =)

What did you have for lunch? Dinner? Any junk in between? :D
symmetric
BANNED

Whats Mandi Sym? I thought you'd had a woman for lunch! I have a friend called Mandy :D

BM met a new friend for lunch today. I was working away from my usual place and my friend took me to a little place she knows. I had home made mushroom soup followed by a glass of chardonnay, which had the effect of making me want to sleep the afternoon away.

It's been a hard week Sym, and BM couldn't be bothered to cook tonight so hit the chippie on the way home. Beth had chicken nuggets and chips and I had chips, cheese and gravy, a delicacy around these parts! I asked for low fat gravy. It was delicious! mmmm.

No junk inbetween. My body is a temple :D
Bethsmum

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 20, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:I'm good!

My dog had the runs earlier but everything's fine now.

Is it a greyhound?
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 20, 2011
Sunday morning and BM has a bit of a sore throat going on :cry: I'll pull my self together and go and do some food shopping. There's usually a bit of eye candy in Aldi on a Sunday morning so that should brighten the day a bit!

Man City V Notts County in the FA cup this afternoon. I bet it's on ESPN, I've only got Sky Sports :(

No SCG my little dog isn't a greyhound. When I said he'd had the runs, it was the doggie equivalent of Delhi Belly. It wasn't too much of a pain. I got Beth to clean it up. Kid's come in useful sometimes.
Bethsmum

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 21, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:Whats Mandi Sym? I thought you'd had a woman for lunch! I have a friend called Mandy :D

BM met a new friend for lunch today. I was working away from my usual place and my friend took me to a little place she knows. I had home made mushroom soup followed by a glass of chardonnay, which had the effect of making me want to sleep the afternoon away.

It's been a hard week Sym, and BM couldn't be bothered to cook tonight so hit the chippie on the way home. Beth had chicken nuggets and chips and I had chips, cheese and gravy, a delicacy around these parts! I asked for low fat gravy. It was delicious! mmmm.

No junk inbetween. My body is a temple :D

For a moment, I also thought "Mandi" was a name of a girl when my friend texted me that on sms :mrgreen:
Actually, Mandi is a Yemeni food, basically rice with either meat or chicken cooked in a specific way. I think you should try it, go to a place called "Beit Al Mandi", they serve it well.

I love mushrooms! And I'm addicted to junk, which I always carry funny campaigns for myself to quit eating junk, but it never last long :roll:

P.S: Hope you get well soon, and go for soups it should make you feel better =)
symmetric
BANNED

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 21, 2011
Hi Sym, thanks, BM is feeling better today, even after her battering in the FC :D I have come to the conclusion I am either thick or hard as nails! :D

I will try your restaurant recommendation the next time I'm in Dubai. I love local food. Meanwhile I have had soup for lunch. Home made by me!

Cut out the junk Sym!
Bethsmum

Re: How Are You Today? Feb 23, 2011
Im not really good this past few days,.

I'm bored plus business is not going good.
charmzfire
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 23, 2011
Oh I'm sorry to hear that! You should never be bored!! No such thing as bored, only boring. You need to sort that out!

Go out and have some fun!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Oh I'm sorry to hear that! You should never be bored!! No such thing as bored, only boring. You need to sort that out!

Go out and have some fun!

as much as i wud like to,.

i cant,. m broke,.
:oops:
i guess i have to go back home,.

and work under my sis whos running our fam bizniz
be good,.be behave
and save money again,. and then run away again,. :P
charmzfire
Dubai Expat Wannabe

That's a sorry tale! Good luck in future escapes!

Things are good at Casa BM today! Miss Beth is in fine form. She is entertaining the rugby team tonight along with a chosen few girlfriends, an evening soiree at Casa BM! I have to add it is the under 16's before anyone has visions of Sebastian Chabal turning up the evening.
I have been ordered to spend the evening in my room, how much sleep I will get is anyone's guess. Fortunately we have a biggish place so I may be ok.
Tomorrow morning will be fun, stepping over random bodies which haven't been granted a bed space.
Wish me luck.
Bethsmum

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 24, 2011
I have been stressed lately and not too happy but I suppose you need the downs to appreciate the ups. Anyway tomorrow is a better day...
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 25, 2011
I'm sorry to hear that Joe, I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Well I am fine but Beth has had a bit of an accident. At her soiree the other night she was performing for, I mean dancing with, the rugby lads and she dislocated her knee! Painful! One of the lads just popped it back in for her but she's struggling! I have told her to stop being such a drama queen, I can't be doing with soft lasses.
We are off to the Manchester Evening News Arena tonight. I hope they have a disabled enterance! Well I'm not allowed in, that's just for the crew,the injured Beth plus two. They have tickets for Trey Songz and Neo. I don't think that's their real names. There is a poster of one of them in Beth's room. Tickets were £45.00 each so they better be good!
Another £80 to fill the Beemer up and no contribution from the passengers!
Bethsmum

Re: How Are You Today? Feb 25, 2011
BM, you have to stop coddling that child!!! You treat her like one of your sheep!!! :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope she feels better and enjoys the concert.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Weather here got cool and sunny! We can just open the winodws and enjoy the relatively warm days. Spring is close! (Persian new year will start in 25 days)
So the feeling gets to me as well! :wink:

Hey BM, hope Beth feeling better! :)

-- Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:49 pm --

BTW, talking of Iranian New Year I thought it would be fun that I will show DF some Iranian food. Well not a food, but this a table we set for drinking vodka. However it would be different when we want to drink wine etc etc.

Usually, there will be nuts (Salty pistachios, peanuts, almonds,… those who have tried it know that it is very different from any other nuts!), pickles, olives, flavored potato chips, full fat yogurt with garlic and different fruit juices (usually berries or grapes).
CIMG3202.JPG
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I miss the fresh walnuts!!!

I should mention that the weather is turning now. The past few weeks were cold!!! Now, the days are lovely and warm enough to sit by the pool. My kind of weather!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: How Are You Today? Feb 26, 2011
melika969 wrote:BTW, talking of Iranian New Year I thought it would be fun that I will show DF some Iranian food. Well not a food, but this a table we set for drinking vodka. However it would be different when we want to drink wine etc etc.
CIMG3202.JPG

Mel what a spread..lovely! Next time I get together with mates for a drinking session I'll make it a point to include some women too. Only women can be so thoughtful!! :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 26, 2011
Mel that's BM's kind of spread! We must have a get together very soon, I'll provide the Chardonnay! My place at JBR or we could invite ourselves to Bora's. She's got a bigger terrace than me.

Thanks for asking about Beth and her knee. I haven't seen her this morning, she is being a teenager and lying in bed. She has two friends staying, I seem to run a home for waifs and strays at the moment!
They enjoyed their concert and finished it off with a drive thro' McDonalds.
I was driving round Manchester last night, it's a bit rough in places! I drove past my beloved City's ground, it looked fantastic, it's much nicer than Old Trafford.
We pulled up at some lights and one of Beth's friends said 'Call the Police, I've found Bin Laden' I looked across and saw a fantastic looking white Audi convertible driven by some gadgy with a funny hat and long straggly beard, He looked just like yer actual Osama! I did LOL!

Oh and I'm fine BTW. How's everyone else?
Bethsmum

Misery Called Life wrote:Mel what a spread..lovely! Next time I get together with mates for a drinking session I'll make it a point to include some women too. Only women can be so thoughtful!! :D

Hey MCL, I'm glad you liked the spread! :)

Bethsmum wrote:Mel that's BM's kind of spread! We must have a get together very soon, I'll provide the Chardonnay! My place at JBR or we could invite ourselves to Bora's. She's got a bigger terrace than me.

Sure BM! I would love to. We have to plan our next visit for same time! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

All is good by me!!! Plenty of room of the terrace as you both know!!! Can fit in another dozen if need be. LOL

Mel, we will have to do that when the walnuts are ready for picking!! BM, you are on with the Chard. Last time you got picky food BM, which did serve it's purpose. Mel, you got a decent meal. But next time I'll go all out!!!!

BM have a great weekend!!! Hugs to Beth. Looking forward to meeting her. If she doesn't behave herself you can punish her and make her spend a day and night with us. LOL

Mel, have a nice day!! Back to work for you tomorrow.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: How Are you Today? Feb 26, 2011
Yipppeee a party at Bora's! BM promises to behave! Oh why do I waste my breath? LOL

Yes, punishment for Beth indeed, she loves BM plus Chardonnay!

Please can I have a sneak preview of the guest list? Will I need my kick boxing outfit?
Bethsmum

Oh, no hon. Bring your pompoms. :lol:

Well, having given it some thought, I think outside would be better. Drink, dance, laugh, and I don't have to clean up after everyone!!!! You can still bring your pompoms!! Just leave the cheerleader outfit home!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat