Visa?

Topic locked
Visa? Feb 16, 2011
How does it work?

Do you need work permit+ visa? or they will give you limited residency?
I know one of my friends got her 3 years residency from Sharjah(She is working in Dubai), but if your company is registered in free zones you have to apply for Dubai visa?
So if you have that limited residency visa, you can travel around GCC, or you need to get visa for them?

Do you guys know where I can find information about this?

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Visa? Feb 16, 2011
My understanding is that you need residency for each specific Emirate.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

The emirate the FreeZone in based in will get you the visa AFAIK the freezone will be your sponsor. Many companies have offices in other emirates aswell as its normal to people work there with visas from other emirates.

I.e have Visa from dubai but work in a Sharjah branch or anyother combination of the seven emirates. With a UAE Visa you can travel visa free to Oman ( tourist visa ) not sure about other GCC countries.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

melika969 wrote:How does it work?

Do you need work permit+ visa? Do you guys know where I can find information about this?

Yes you need Both, if you are working in the private sector.

or they will give you limited residency?

No, there is no such category for a Residency Visa.

I know one of my friends got her 3 years residency from Sharjah(She is working in Dubai), but if your company is registered in free zones you have to apply for Dubai visa?

A Residency Visa is valid across the UAE regardless of where it was issued, and the Residency Visa will be processed by your sponsor, you don’t have to do anything.

So if you have that limited residency visa, you can travel around GCC, or you need to get visa for them?

As I said, there is no such thing as a ‘Limited Residency Visa’ with a Residency Visa you are free to travel within the UAE. Different Nationalities are subject to different regulations while travelling outside the UAE.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:
melika969 wrote:How does it work?

Do you need work permit+ visa? Do you guys know where I can find information about this?

Yes you need Both, if you are working in the private sector.

or they will give you limited residency?

No, there is no such category for a Residency Visa.

A Residency Visa is valid across the UAE regardless of where it was issued, and the Residency Visa will be processed by your sponsor, you don’t have to do anything.

As I said STATED, there is no such thing as a ‘ a Limited Residency Visa’ (New sentance please) with a Residency Visa you are free to travel within the UAE. Different Nationalities are subjected to different varying regulations while travelling outside the UAE.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

^LOL.

I liked the way you mis-spelled 'sentence' as 'sentance'.

You ARE really bored, aren't you BM? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Visa? Feb 17, 2011
shafique wrote:^LOL.

I liked the way you mis-spelled 'sentence' as 'sentance'.

You ARE really bored, aren't you BM? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

I beg your pardon Shaf! BM is not bored! I have been working away from home today and therefore very busy!
Please consult your friend DDS and compare IP addresses! I can assure you 101% that spellcheckergirl has absolutely nothing to do with BM. A spectacular FAIL Shaf!! LMAO!!!!!!
Bethsmum

Well, you live and learn.

So there are two female posters who have chips on their shoulders! (Although, to be fair, you've got two sacks of potatoes on YOUR shoulders :) )

:D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Well, you live and learn.

So there are two female posters who have chips on their shoulders! (Although, to be fair, you've got two sacks of potatoes on YOUR shoulders :) )

:D

Cheers,
Shafique

Apology accepted.
Two sacks on my shoulders? Well that's two sacks more than you have apparantly :D
Bethsmum

Don't forget to count the one on his chin, BM.
event horizon

I try not to visualise the face EH, I don't want to bring my tea up.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat