617 Squadron V Rag, Tag And Bobtail.

Topic locked
617 Squadron v Rag, Tag and Bobtail. Jan 12, 2011
617 Squadron (BM, The Dambuster)

Rag (Shafique as the Raghead Leader). Tag, (The little mouse who hangs on to Rag’s Shirt Tails and hides behind his pinafore) and Bobtail, (Symmetric, who keeps bobbing between the two camps of 1, the pacifist, romantic lover of all things flowery and Persian, and 2, the anti-Semitic Islamic Jihadist wishing death and destruction to Infidels worldwide.

Well what an interesting week this has been, it would appear that the ‘Goodwill to all’ wishes over the Christmas and New Years festive periods was short lived, in fact I would go as far as to say that a few of you saved up all your pent up frustrations and couldn’t wait to unleash them on the unsuspecting few.

Misdirection, Misguided, Groundless Accusation, Inflammatory Comment, Lies, Damned Lies, Flaming, Trolling and that’s just in the titles of some of the Threads :lol:

Anyway, as I see it, the current score is 17 – 1 in favour of BM, anyone see it any different?

Girl Power at it’s best and BM for the next Moderator’s job in my opinion, in fact she would get my vote for the site’s Administrator to keep some of the current insecure and paranoid conspiracy theorist moderators and their lapdogs in check :lol: :lol:

Raghead, Racist? Yes
Derogatory? Yes
Inflammatory? Yes
Insulting? Yes
But I didn’t make it up, I just used it so that’s OK then? Yes.

As a side note, isn't it about time the forum members democratically voted the moderators and Administrators into their seats of governance? surely we couldn't do any worse than the present situation?

Any thoughts?

Regards

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: 617 Squadron V Rag, Tag And Bobtail. Jan 12, 2011
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

LOL very creative, :roll: . I do hope that the person you're cheerleading understands the analogies - she prefers plain speaking, dontyaknow? :)

Not as creative as this though:

da da daaa da da da

;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:LOL very creative, :roll: . I do hope that the person you're cheerleading understands the analogies - she prefers plain speaking, dontyaknow? :)

Not as creative as this though:

da da daaa da da da

;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Credit where credits due, to quote DDS, I like plain speaking but I'm not thick. After all, I get every one of your snide remarks don't I?

-- Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 pm --

I like the Xfactor, and so does Shaf! It makes him sound Engerlish.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Credit where credits due, to quote DDS,

Excuse me maam but its "credit is given where credit is due" hope you don't mind :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Credit where credits due, to quote DDS,

Excuse me maam but its "credit is given where credit is due" hope you don't mind :D

Maam, that's what my sheep say. the word you are looking for is ma'am.
Bethsmum

Told ya Google translate was screwed up ! did you believe me...Noooooooo
desertdudeshj

Re: 617 Squadron v Rag, Tag and Bobtail. Jan 12, 2011
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: 617 Squadron v Rag, Tag and Bobtail. Jan 13, 2011
Zubber, I understand you are confused! You really need some history with DF to understand Dillon's post.
It is really, very funny, when you know what he is on about.

This was when the Great was in Britain, before those damned immigrants arrived by the boat load!
I'm standing up to salute as I post :salute:
Watch the vid all the way thro' Zubber, this is what makes the British proud to be British and all others envious.
Guy Gibson, a hero!, awarded the Victoria Cross! He wasn't some peasant sitting on a beach somewhere pretending to be British, he was the genuine article.
Rule Britania!
Bethsmum

Re: 617 Squadron V Rag, Tag And Bobtail. Jan 13, 2011
^LOL - major SOH failure!

BM - You're not Alf Garnet's love child by any chance are you?

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWKy4RHf ... re=related

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dillon wrote:As a side note, isn't it about time the forum members democratically voted the moderators and Administrators into their seats of governance? surely we couldn't do any worse than the present situation?

Any thoughts?

Why nobody commented on this part?

I totally agree to do it, but some other mods might be intimidated! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: 617 Squadron V Rag, Tag And Bobtail. Jan 13, 2011
shafique wrote:^LOL - major SOH failure!

and

Cheers,
Shafique

At least I have a sense of humour Rag.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Zubber, I understand you are confused! You really need some history with DF to understand Dillon's post.
It is really, very funny, when you know what he is on about.

This was when the Great was in Britain, before those damned immigrants arrived by the boat load!
I'm standing up to salute as I post :salute:
Watch the vid all the way thro' Zubber, this is what makes the British proud to be British and all others envious.
Guy Gibson, a hero!, awarded the Victoria Cross! He wasn't some peasant sitting on a beach somewhere pretending to be British, he was the genuine article.
Rule Britania!

Hey BM , yes i have watched/heard the Theme , very inspiring and valorous, would make a great theme song for a WWII styled game :mrgreen: , This Dam Busters apparently was a famous movie about some specific operation in wwII, in which some soldiers gave up their lives , I will make it a point to buy *cough* download *cough* , the movie as when time permits

-- Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 pm --

shafique wrote:^LOL - major SOH failure!

and

Cheers,
Shafique

Hey man I had a look at those comedy bits, sad to say I have a tough time understanding what they are saying , british humor requires a lot of brain power to understand :cry:

-- Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm --

melika969 wrote:
Dillon wrote:As a side note, isn't it about time the forum members democratically voted the moderators and Administrators into their seats of governance? surely we couldn't do any worse than the present situation?

Any thoughts?

Ah, forums are places where people can say/do what they would never dare to do in real life, i dont think anybody is concerned about the politics in a forum
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Ah, forums are places where people can say/do what they would never dare to do in real life, i dont think anybody is concerned about the politics in a forum

As you can see, the OP shows that some people are concerned!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: 617 Squadron v Rag, Tag and Bobtail. Jan 14, 2011
melika969 wrote:

Any thoughts?

The more I can get in touch with my "inner b*tch", the better I feel. And I feel good more often than not. That's why I'm never on the wrong side of intimidation. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

melika969 wrote:

Any thoughts?

Perhaps we can have 'guest' moderators where an active forum member is selected to moderate for set period of time ???
event horizon

Re: 617 Squadron V Rag, Tag And Bobtail. Jan 14, 2011
Moderators should just make sure the board doesnt get flooded with spam , thats about it , Let people speak their mind, in an unrestrained manner , those who take offense from some random poster on some internet forum , need to stop being wuss's
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Although I do agree with you to a degree, but one other major concern you do have to look at Zubs is that this is "Dubai" forums and it doesn't take much to send off this place into the blocked directory of the local ISP's as it violates almost every TRA guideline there is, many sites have been blocked for much much less. What would be the point of having a dubai forums when majority of the population it is aimed at cannot access it, right ?

Frankly speaking I'm amazed at how its not been blocked till now for so long with all the stuff that gets said here. Knock on wood that it stays off.

And at the end of the day its owned by one person AFAIK and I'm sure he does not spent all that time and effort to provide a social service to us all, and that also answers the question of it being a democracy, specially to the cheer leading squad. Its run and owned by one person and it just did not turn up on a the web one day on its own, and that one person makes all the rules and regs and delegates people to look out for them. No two ways about it.
desertdudeshj

Hi, isn't Rag Tag and Bobtail from that English childrens programme Watch With Mother.
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

@DDS - Hey thanks for the info B , It slipped my mind , that this is forum is being hosted from the UAE , I understand now , how every little thing will be blown way out of proportion Image Image Image
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

4GetMeNot wrote:Hi, isn't Rag Tag and Bobtail from that English childrens programme Watch With Mother.

There is soooo much history behind this thread 4GMnot, you need to stick around for a while to get the essence! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: 617 Squadron V Rag, Tag And Bobtail. Jan 15, 2011
Hey, don't we know this guy? I would pay to knock him off his soap box.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:Although I do agree with you to a degree, but one other major concern you do have to look at Zubs is that this is "Dubai" forums and it doesn't take much to send off this place into the blocked directory of the local ISP's as it violates almost every TRA guideline there is, many sites have been blocked for much much less. What would be the point of having a dubai forums when majority of the population it is aimed at cannot access it, right ?

Frankly speaking I'm amazed at how its not been blocked till now for so long with all the stuff that gets said here. Knock on wood that it stays off.

And at the end of the day its owned by one person AFAIK and I'm sure he does not spent all that time and effort to provide a social service to us all, and that also answers the question of it being a democracy, specially to the cheer leading squad. Its run and owned by one person and it just did not turn up on a the web one day on its own, and that one person makes all the rules and regs and delegates people to look out for them. No two ways about it.

So how much are you paid for your mod services DDS?
If it is owned, run and its profits collected by one person, you should be.
benwj

None of the mods are paid anything bro.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:None of the mods are paid anything bro.

benwj strikes again! LOL
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

4GetMeNot wrote:

benwj strikes again! LOL

Some people can't resist:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh well.

But I seem to remember Ian or Concord starting another site a long time back and the mods (only one or 2) here ridiculed them for it as if dubai forums was their own site. The true owners of dubai forum didn't seem bothered by it and may have even wished them luck. WTF
benwj

benwj wrote:So how much are you paid for your mod services DDS?

To answer your question about how much we get paid, here is a copy of my pay envelope. As for shopping, well there isn't enough in it to go shopping!!!

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums