Autocratic And Cowardly

Topic locked
Re: Autocratic And Cowardly Jan 15, 2011
Ambassador wrote:who is this "Sage" anyway.

I can understand why Sage has to assume a more hard line role these days.
He was once a prolific poster. He doesn't post that much any more. I don't know why.
He has been around long enough to assume father figure of dubai forums if he wanted to.
Does a mean BBQ as well... apparently.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Autocratic and Cowardly Jan 15, 2011
4GetMeNot wrote:Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if you think I am over stepping the mark of a new person. i watched this forum for a while before I got the courage to join yesterday, you all seem like a really nice bunch so I hope I'm not going to upset anybody here. The rules stated that i must agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Dubai Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Dubai Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.
I understand that the forum should not be blocked to those living in the UAE, but I must ask, isn't writing death to all Jews contravening these rules?

No, you aren't overstepping your mark at all. The problem here is that so many abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening and se.xually-orientated things have been said before with no action from the moderators so the lines get blurred about what is acceptable and what isn't. For example, we've even had a moderator in the past talk about death to Israel, so there you go!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Our new femme fatal does ask a relevant message - why do some messages that are full of hate remain on the forums.

Well, in the case of anyone wishing death on anyone in this forum, the post is deleted - sometimes even when it is clearly a joke, it is deleted - othertimes it may be left if both sides are joking around and it is clear that it can't be misinterpreted. These are rare exceptions and most Mods err on the side of caution and will delete.

There are some that glorify the killing of others and even state that if they had a gun they would have killed the person too. Extolling the murder of a person and saying that you'd also commit that murder, appears to me to be quite an extreme statement (it's in fact condoning a crime of murder and stating that one is a potential murderer).

Let's take a recent example:
Bethsmum wrote:BM is the real deal Sym, I've always had a soft spot for the Isrealis. They look after their own, period. I wish the British government would follow their example. I'm sick of being a second class citizen in my own country. I'm a firm believer in locals being top dog in their own country, just as you are in yours. I respect the ways of the Emiratis as I respect the ways of the isrealis. That man was a terrorist and a killer, if I'd have had a gun, I would have done the job myself. A waste of good man's breath IMO.

4GetMeNot - you may not know who this 'BethsMum' is - but you will note that she is glorifying a murder that took place in Dubai and is illegal under Dubai and even International law. Whether one believes the murder victim is a terrorist mastermind or not is irrelevant - an actual murder is being extolled.

Other posters have expressed 'sympathy' for war crimes, and their posts are left. Others have said that massacring of babies and the enslavement of virgins is an act of God and can't be condemned.

In that light, where someone says they should also have 'the right' to wish the death of a x y or z, it would be double standards to delete these hate filled statements and let the above stand.

4GetMeNot - please allow me the liberty to quote from the Good Book - I'm sure you'll agree that the quote should be borne in mind by moderators and their armchair critics alike.
How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Luke 6.42

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:4GetMeNot - please allow me the liberty to quote from the Good Book - I'm sure you'll agree that the quote should be borne in mind by moderators and their armchair critics alike.
How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Luke 6.42

Cheers,
Shafique

He-he What's going on Shafique? Did you want to write "God Book"?
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

shafique wrote:Our new femme fatal does ask a relevant message - why do some messages that are full of hate remain on the forums.

Well, in the case of anyone wishing death on anyone in this forum, the post is deleted - sometimes even when it is clearly a joke, it is deleted - othertimes it may be left if both sides are joking around and it is clear that it can't be misinterpreted. These are rare exceptions and most Mods err on the side of caution and will delete.

There are some that glorify the killing of others and even state that if they had a gun they would have killed the person too. Extolling the murder of a person and saying that you'd also commit that murder, appears to me to be quite an extreme statement (it's in fact condoning a crime of murder and stating that one is a potential murderer).

Bethsmum wrote:BM is the real deal Sym, I've always had a soft spot for the Isrealis. They look after their own, period. I wish the British government would follow their example. I'm sick of being a second class citizen in my own country. I'm a firm believer in locals being top dog in their own country, just as you are in yours. I respect the ways of the Emiratis as I respect the ways of the isrealis. That man was a terrorist and a killer, if I'd have had a gun, I would have done the job myself. A waste of good man's breath IMO.

4GetMeNot - you may not know who this 'BethsMum' is - but you will note that she is glorifying a murder that took place in Dubai and is illegal under Dubai and even International law. Whether one believes the murder victim is a terrorist mastermind or not is irrelevant - an actual murder is being extolled.

Other posters have expressed 'sympathy' for war crimes, and their posts are left. Others have said that massacring of babies and the enslavement of virgins is an act of God and can't be condemned.

In that light, where someone says they should also have 'the right' to wish the death of a x y or z, it would be double standards to delete these hate filled statements and let the above stand.

4GetMeNot - please allow me the liberty to quote from the Good Book - I'm sure you'll agree that the quote should be borne in mind by moderators and their armchair critics alike.

Luke 6.42

Cheers,
Shafique

Thank you for justifying 'death to all Jews'
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

shafique wrote:Our new femme fatal does ask a relevant message - why do some messages that are full of hate remain on the forums.

Luke 6.42

Cheers,
Shafique

Eloquently put Shaf, but flawed, as in most criminal cases there are mitigating circumstances, had Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, the victim shot in a Dubai Hotel Room, not been a co-founder of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Islamist Palestinian militant terrorist organisation, Hamas and wanted by the Israeli government for the kidnapping and murder of two Israeli soldiers in 1989 as well as illegally purchasing arms from Iran for use in Gaza, I doubt the loving family man portrayed by his supporters, would have been a legitimate Israeli target.

Murder? Not quite, Assassinated would be more appropriate.
Illegal? Yes, without doubt.
Justified? Yes, again without doubt.
Would I do the job? Yes, without hesitation.

An appropriate closing statement Shaf, but it really depends upon which side of the fence you’re standing, as in who’s eyes you see the plank or the spell.

The majority of people who quote from the Good Book are either believers wishing to spread the good word or critics finding fault, I wonder, to which camp you fall into?

Regards
Dillon

^As I said, we have a number of people who are proud to admit they would kill another human being and condone an illegal act of killing (whether it is murder, assassination etc - we all seem to agree it is illegal).

Their views aren't being censored.

On the other hand we have fewer people (by my count) who have come out and expressed a view that 'Jews' in general should be killed (or that they should have the right to think/say this).

Both views are distasteful to me - but both aren't being censored.

As for the quote from the Good Book (and yes, its not a spelling mistake RC) - as I said, it is first for the mods to bear in mind and others too.

[Edit - as an aside, on the issue of condoning a killing:
There is a matter called due process and there are many who would like Blair and Bush (for example) to be tried for war crimes. There are some nutters who would want to kill them for their alleged crimes and there are some nutters who would applaud anyone who did this. I'd disagree with them too - but I suspect the arguments that it was not 'murder' would be less forthcoming should, say, an undercover team of Syrian agents murdered Blair in Dubai. (Just a hypothetical)
]

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:[Edit - as an aside, on the issue of condoning a killing:
There is a matter called due process and there are many who would like Blair and Bush (for example) to be tried for war crimes. There are some nutters who would want to kill them for their alleged crimes and there are some nutters who would applaud anyone who did this. I'd disagree with them too - but I suspect the arguments that it was not 'murder' would be less forthcoming should, say, an undercover team of Syrian agents murdered Blair in Dubai. (Just a hypothetical)
]

Cheers,
Shafique

And as usual you edit a post and try to go off topic with unrelated analogies and hypothetical scenarios, smoke and mirrors some would say.

Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, a known terrorist was assassinated, Fact.

Regards
Dillon

4GetMeNot. BM, Anybody?

I'm surpised no one has noticed this........even the name is a giveaway!
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Eloquently put Shaf, but flawed, as in most criminal cases there are mitigating circumstances, had Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, the victim shot in a Dubai Hotel Room, not been a co-founder of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Islamist Palestinian militant terrorist organisation, Hamas and wanted by the Israeli government for the kidnapping and murder of two Israeli soldiers in 1989 as well as illegally purchasing arms from Iran for use in Gaza, I doubt the loving family man portrayed by his supporters, would have been a legitimate Israeli target.

Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, a known terrorist was assassinated, Fact.

Sorry mate, I personally wouldn't like to escalate this issue since it is irrelavent to the subject topic..
But have you heard of israeli zionist underground military operations such as irgun, haganah etc.
As far as I am concerned Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades and hamas are no different than those...
Irguns and haganahs were supported by the western world at the time when zionist were capturing and confiscating arab lands at the begining of 20th century...So Why can't the muslims do the same as of today to regain what they lost illegaly/out of injustice?

In cooperation with the German authorities, Zionist groups organized a network of some forty camps and agricultural centers throughout Germany where prospective settlers were trained for their new lives in Palestine. Although the Nuremberg Laws forbid Jews from displaying the German flag, Jews were specifically guaranteed the right to display the blue and white Jewish national banner. The flag that would one day be adopted by Israel was flown at the Zionist camps and centers in Hitler's Germany. 19

Himmler's security service cooperated with the Haganah, the Zionist underground military organization in Palestine. The SS agency paid Haganah official Feivel Polkes for information about the situation in Palestine and for help in directing Jewish emigration to that country. Meanwhile, the Haganah was kept well informed about German plans by a spy it managed to plant in the Berlin headquarters of the SS.20 Haganah-SS collaboration even included secret deliveries of German weapons to Jewish settlers for use in clashes with Palestinian Arabs. 21

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v13/v13n4p29_Weber.html

1948 War — Just after Israel had declared itself a state, Palestinians and other Arabs attacked the Israeli Army which had been formed out of the terrorist groups, the Irgun and Stem Gang. The reason for the attack by Palestinians was to try and regain their homes which, through murder and terrorism, the Zionists had confiscated. The Palestinians had been a peaceful people and were not trained in the art of warfare, while the Ashkenazi Zionist Jews who had migrated from Soviet Russia, Poland and Germany had more knowledge of tactical warfare.

In addition, Zionists had built up a large amount of arms which they had purchased from the U.S. and communist countries and had illegally smuggled into the area. The Arabs were defeated and in the process, Israel conquered more Palestinian territory.

http://jewsvszionists.wordpress.com/a-t ... st-israel/

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

BlueOrb wrote:4GetMeNot. BM, Anybody?

Really, well bugger me, go straight to the top of the class. :lol:
busa
Dubai forums Addict

You my friend are the smartest of us all ! Or maybe we are just not sneaky enough :D

A quick IP check does confirm its the same person posting. Ol' BM could not stay away after all.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

:lol: :lol: I think everybody noticed it by now!
4GetMeNot wrote:
kanelli wrote:Hi BM! :bootyshake:

Hi Kanelli :angel12:

just nobody said it out loud! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Bah ! I wasn't paying much attention to the "newbie"
desertdudeshj

The credit for smartest should go to Sage, he was the first one who noticed it: :D

sage & onion wrote:^^^Back in the fold^^^
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well then most probably he'll ban the IP range aswell.
desertdudeshj

^^^Don't put words in his mouth DDS!

4GMNOT has no harm to anybody.(yet!) :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well anyways the charade is over.
desertdudeshj

Really? :shock:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(Of course everyone knew this is BM - possibly with the exception of DDS! :) )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

desertdudeshj wrote:Well anyways the charade is over.

Hey! It took you long enough! LOLedge! OMG, not the smartest cookie! but fun while it lasted :(
BTW I hope my avator isn't offending anyone!

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm --

melika969 wrote:^^^Don't put words in his mouth DDS!

4GMNOT has no harm to anybody.(yet!) :wink:

No Mel, not yet, it's too early for Chardonnay! I'm trying to behave. LOL. Just a bit of fun Mel. Sorry i didn't include you in my little joke. There were a couple or 3 in on it.
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

desertdudeshj wrote:Well anyways the charade is over.

HA HA HA!!! Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Even a butter knife is sharper. HA HA HA
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:

You my friend are the smartest of us all ! Or maybe we are just not sneaky enough :D

A quick IP check does confirm its the same person posting. Ol' BM could not stay away after all.

Take a look at the person above you thread, old news.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Ahhh Sage, I knew you were the first to get it, of those not in on it, that is! Just a bit of fun! LOL It wasn't really that hard was it? It was one step away from Dubaidogs suggestion of BMbanned, although I have already done the deed when he suggested it!
BTW I see Mr Grant is biting the dust today to be replaced with Mr O'Neil. Good luck :wink:
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

4GetMeNot wrote:No Mel, not yet, it's too early for Chardonnay! I'm trying to behave. LOL. Just a bit of fun Mel. Sorry i didn't include you in my little joke. There were a couple or 3 in on it.

:) No problem BM, nothing new there. Last trends show anytime someone get banned a newbie will appear who is very eager to participate in the forum, especially commenting on the one who got banned! :D

I can remember of Nocturnal, and the other one was sth like JulesDXB, not sure about that! :wink:
(My ID was newmel, I didnt hide my identity! :D )
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

OT - Anyone who ever gets banned, Either your static Ip's or entire IP range, Domain Bans or Country bans , never forget google is more sweeter than any coveted courtesan ;)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

melika969 wrote:
4GetMeNot wrote:No Mel, not yet, it's too early for Chardonnay! I'm trying to behave. LOL. Just a bit of fun Mel. Sorry i didn't include you in my little joke. There were a couple or 3 in on it.

:) No problem BM, nothing new there. Last trends show anytime someone get banned a newbie will appear who is very eager to participate in the forum, especially commenting on the one who got banned! :D

I can remember of Nocturnal, and the other one was sth like JulesDXB, not sure about that! :wink:

I hope you have fond memories of me. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

^^^I surely do! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:I can remember of Nocturnal, and the other one was sth like JulesDXB, not sure about that! :wink:

Where was this? Here?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Yeah, I don't remember mel being banned here either.
desertdudeshj

dubaidog wrote:
melika969 wrote:I can remember of Nocturnal, and the other one was sth like JulesDXB, not sure about that! :wink:

Where was this? Here?

Old news DD. It was a grand old time we had back then. I had the distinction of being banned 5 times in one day. :lol: :lol:

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah, I don't remember mel being banned here either.

Memory lapse Dude? It was when Mel outed a certain ex-mod!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat