Obama...

Topic locked
Obama... Jan 13, 2011
Up early today - UAE time - and saw Obama's speech at a memorial in Arizona for vicitims of a shooting on saturday.

Wow! What an amazing inspirational speech. No wonder the Americans are tough to beat!

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Obama... Jan 13, 2011
Masterful. He does perform well at these types of engagements - and he seems to have judged the balance of this speech perfectly.

"At a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who think differently than we do - it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds."

And the closing was moving:
"Christina was given to us on September 11th, 2001, one of 50 babies born that day to be pictured in a book called 'Faces of Hope'. On either side of her photo in that book were simple wishes for a child's life. 'I hope you help those in need,' read one. 'I hope you know all of the words to the National Anthem and sing it with your hand over your heart. I hope you jump in rain puddles.'
"If there are rain puddles in heaven, Christina is jumping in them today."

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

And they still think he's Muslim?! :)
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:And they still think he's Muslim?! :)

hey, any publicity is GOOD PUBLICITY they say...
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

benwj wrote:And they still think he's Muslim?! :)

Husseing that?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Hu was there? ;)

Anyway, good to see what a good education can achieve for the son of an immigrant of 'colour'! :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I thought Obama sounded more like a preacher. When he spoke of Gabrieele Gifford opening her eyes, it was like as if she'd done it because he was there. She opened her eyes! She opened her eyes!
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat