yep
50%
nop
10%
average
40%

Total votes : 10

Review Syriana (2005) Dec 24, 2005

George Clooney's movie, shows you the trend and the politics of usa and middle east as each one fight for their own interests. This movie depicts the plight of workers in middle east (though they say Persian Gulf not Dubai!), oil corporations, middle east and American politics and CIA intelligence. The best part in the movie was when Matt Daemon(economic advisor) tells Prince of Dubai about the artificial economy they have (which was true). It presents a balanced view of the trends of both the world.

Image[/b]

My rating
7/10 - Average

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 31, 2005
havent seen it yet didnt know its out yet .. but im sure its bound to be a good flick ..
so did they make arabs look like fools???

cause they good in doing that...
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 31, 2005
Jamal wrote:havent seen it yet didnt know its out yet .. but im sure its bound to be a good flick ..
so did they make arabs look like fools???

cause they good in doing that...

Nah it gave a balanced view of the politics in moddle east and north America. As the movie says everything is connected.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2006
sniper u fcuk i completely forgot ur princess ass lives in canada .... the damnn movie aint out in dubai yet .. i went all the way to the damnn cinema before i relaised dat damnn this fool dont live here the movie aint out here yet... so ask us another one month from now wat we think bout it
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Jan 03, 2006
Jamal wrote:sniper u f&%K i completely forgot ur princess a#s lives in canada .... the damnn movie aint out in dubai yet .. i went all the way to the damnn cinema before i relaised dat damnn this fool dont live here the movie aint out here yet... so ask us another one month from now wat we think bout it

Oh come on. Chocoholic got to see King kong b4 it was released in North America! Syriana was released long time i guess early December. Bad. I guess it didnt relese in Dubai for a reason-portrayed the shiekhs kinda bad. They have plans to censor it I guess
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 03, 2006
I would not go and watch it out of principle. That principle being that george is in the movie. I hate the tosser! :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 03, 2006
Hey! Now don't you go slating the gorgeous George!!!

I think the movie was shown in Dubai as part of the Film Festival. But it will get edited here!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2006
He should have stayed within ER and DIED!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 25, 2006
The authorities have decided NOT to allow the release of Syriana in the UAE. It was given a couple of test screenings apparently.

I find this totally arse! The ministry approved the script before allowing shooting, they then re-approved the post production of the movie.

What a bunch of hypocrites! So it's ok to take the money and run, get the kudos for filming in the UAE, let hundreds of local extras be in the movie - then not show it!!!!

Crap!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 25, 2006
Damn, I remember chatting to some people that were actually working on this movie when it was here at the 7's in 2004. Well, not really chating, more sluuuured than anything else. I think one of the girls was the nanny for the Producer's son/daughter!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:The authorities have decided NOT to allow the release of Syriana in the UAE. It was given a couple of test screenings apparently.

I find this totally arse! The ministry approved the script before allowing shooting, they then re-approved the post production of the movie.

What a bunch of hypocrites! So it's ok to take the money and run, get the kudos for filming in the UAE, let hundreds of local extras be in the movie - then not show it!!!!

Crap!

Are you sure of this???

Well, why am I not surprised... I mean Matt Damon does make the Sheikh of Dubai look bad in the movie at one pooint...

But still.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:The authorities have decided NOT to allow the release of Syriana in the UAE.
Crap!

See this makes no sense to me, this city really does make me shake my head at times. when I flew to Jordan it was listed as one of the available movies in the Emirates flight magazine. How is that for a double standard?

Unfortunately it was for a different flight segment than the one I was one so I did not have a chance to watch it, oh well I’m lucky enough to have a copy of it, I just need to find some time to watch it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 25, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:The authorities have decided NOT to allow the release of Syriana in the UAE. It was given a couple of test screenings apparently.

Crap!

Are you sure of this???

Well, why am I not surprised... I mean Matt Damon does make the Sheikh of Dubai look bad in the movie at one pooint...

But still.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:

Yep quite sure, I was speaking to one of the distibutors today, and boy are they irritated!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
Yep quite sure, I was speaking to one of the distibutors today, and boy are they irritated!

FCUK!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh well, time to see Fayz's copy from Palestine... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 01, 2006
well movie was good and wasnt biased
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 25, 2006
Bloody hell - I wish the silly ministry would make it's mind up! The film is being advertised in the cinemas, after they said they wouldn't release it, then they said they would, now it's up for review again - total arse!

They already approved the film before shooting and again at post-production, so what the hell is the problem - typical UAE politics! Just buy the DVD.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 05, 2006
Got the DVD from Jordan, not a bad movie... But some things do not happen in reality (especially the beating up of workers, never heard or saw that here)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 05, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:Got the DVD from Jordan, not a bad movie... But some things do not happen in reality (especially the beating up of workers, never heard or saw that here)

well that's the reason they didnt state UAE specifically but said Persian Gulf. It did prove the lack of human rights in Gulf. The movie wanted to sum up everything and show everything is really connected
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
Great movie...saw it in the US last year...george manages to look hot despite the double chin and dirty beard!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 05, 2006
THE BEST MOVIE SO FAR THIS YEAR...
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 06, 2006
great movie
MissMimi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 06, 2006
mmmm what was in the movie that u love it so much? Was it the political situation, oil companies scandal or the unemployed turninginto terrorist? I loved Matt daemon's "buy toys" and "chopping heads" part - so true dd good research
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2006
cool george clooney got the best supporting actor award! Kudos
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
for those that are interested this did finally start playing in dubai. I wonder how badly edited it will be.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk