Jews And Palestinians Or Chocoholic And Bora Bora?

Topic locked
Re: Jews And Palestinians Or Chocoholic And Bora Bora? Sep 02, 2010
melika969 wrote:Just a reminder, for people who like to lecture others and dont take responsiblity for their own flaws!!!

I accept full responsibility and stand by everything I have ever said or insinuated on this forum, without reserve, Dillon :lol:

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

nice! So now we know who started the attacks! :D 8)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:nice! So now we know who started the attacks! :D 8)

Yes we do, we've known all along and the history is there for all to see, 8)
Dillon

Re: Jews and Palestinians or Chocoholic and Bora Bora? Sep 02, 2010
Dillon wrote:

:( ahhh that s it?? I was hoping for a loooong lecture. :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Jews and Palestinians or Chocoholic and Bora Bora? Sep 02, 2010
melika969 wrote:
Dillon wrote:

:( ahhh that s it?? I was hoping for a loooong lecture. :lol:

Well I'm now totally confused, it's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last, but I'm happy you got what you wanted out of this conversation, it was good for me too, goodnight Melika. :?
Dillon

melika969 wrote:Just a reminder, for people who like to lecture others and dont take responsiblity for their own flaws!!!

Exclamation mark missing!
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Jews and Palestinians or Chocoholic and Bora Bora? Sep 03, 2010
Winding up:

Ok peeps, we all have our own points of view however there seems to be a significant amount of personal vitriol poured into many recent posts. Can I suggest that each and every one of you pause, fingers twitching nervously over the keys, before you unleash your angst and begin to grind that axe (That would be 'ax' to you Bora) and start to play nicely before the big guns start to grease their breeches.

As another long standing, and even longer lying down, member of this fine organ, I have seen numerous scuffles, jostling, snook cocking and even outright thermo-nuclear war between the members. Anyone here who remembers my 'bete-noir' in the shape of MuslimBangladeshi will know that sticks and stones can be picked up and thrown back with greater force than originally launched.

This is not the purpose, reason or cause of this forum.

It is a means of mass communication for the 'Dubai English speaking community'. Lets use it as that, rather than a catapault to sling mud at individuals.

Like Israel and Palestine, there will always be frank and open discussion and disagreements based on territorial and political standpoints, oft leading to stone throwing and the odd riot, but let us not forget that we are all running in the same human race and this life is too short to waste time on pointless argument with heads thrust metaphorically in the sand.

Bora: I have watched steadily as you lurk behind several members and take pleasure in snide personal comment that has zero relevance to the thread in question and diverts from the original topic. Suggest you desist immediately. Express your point of view on the topic, not on the messengers. If what you post has valid content, then let those same messengers comment on that rather than letting it degrade to a personal handbag swinging contest.
Melika: Ignore the Iranian slurs, jealously is a sad condition.
UAE Kid: I actually like to see your oft twisted view of the local perspective. It can be refreshing, yet can also be inflammatory to those from a foreign culture, a group that populates this forum extensively.
Rudeboy: You are the new HP! Some of us get you, most don't. Careful which hornet's nests you push your stick into.
Dillion The Newbie: Seems you can hold your own. Ignore the slingshots and arrows! Greetings and carry on.
Bethsmum: Similarly it seems you have some experience at street fighting, but once again be wary of the bear traps laid by older and seemingly less wise members here. Don't get sucked into any worthless argument at the cost of a personal slight. Welcome to a nice place.
DrewPeacock: Welcome, just click 'next' when you see pointless posts.

Chocs: You are made of sterner stuff than to allow yourself to be goaded, just don't rise to the bait if you can.
Sage: Lets use more of this part of your moniker (as opposed to the 'Onion' part)

I am not even going to touch on the Political Forum as this is an artillery battle complete with WMD!!

In summary, play nice.

Fed up with up with the custard pies whistling past my nose.

Peace and love.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May the force be with you DK
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

What can i say ................................ :?

Well for starters this thread has more entertainment value than anything on Brit TV at the moment. :D

And .......5 whole pages and this thread is still in General :shock:
On behalf of all the Mods may i a warm hearty congratulation to all those contributing to this thread and say to you all............

" Never in the field of forum conflict was so much owed by so many forumers to so few who showed restraint"

V
arniegang

Knight
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Yes, you are right in your assumption that I have some experience in street fighting. I was trained by the SAS in armed combat in my former role as a spy. I was also very flattered by your comment that I 'should be wary of traps laid by older members of this forum'. Thank you for that, it made my Friday. :bounce:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Knight
Yes, you are right in your assumption that I have some experience in street fighting. I was trained by the SAS in armed combat in my former role as a spy. I was also very flattered by your comment that I 'should be wary of traps laid by older members of this forum'. Thank you for that, it made my Friday. :bounce:

and there was me thinking you were trained as an admin officer at a council or local authority "somewhere in N. England"

:?
arniegang

arniegang wrote:

and there was me thinking you were trained as an admin officer at a council or local authority "somewhere in N. England"

Thats probably why she needed the self defence classes!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Thats probably why she needed the self defence classes!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

That's what she tells everyone, I think it's just a cover :lol:

Well said DK in your earlier posting, and not before time :!:
Dillon

arniegang wrote:

Now Arnie, don't be a spoilsport. I did say my former role as a spy. On this forum I am BM International Woman of Mystery and counsellor to the stars. Admin officer? You don't need training for that! I feel I need to bring your attention back to DK when he said 'older members of this forum' Just in case you missed it the first time. I am still thrilled with this statement, it has taken my mind of my old sports injury which is giving some gip today.
Bethsmum

Re: Jews and Palestinians or Chocoholic and Bora Bora? Sep 04, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Winding up:

Ok peeps, we all have our own points of view however there seems to be a significant amount of personal vitriol poured into many recent posts. Can I suggest that each and every one of you pause, fingers twitching nervously over the keys, before you unleash your angst and begin to grind that axe (That would be 'ax' to you Bora) and start to play nicely before the big guns start to grease their breeches.

As another long standing, and even longer lying down, member of this fine organ, I have seen numerous scuffles, jostling, snook cocking and even outright thermo-nuclear war between the members. Anyone here who remembers my 'bete-noir' in the shape of MuslimBangladeshi will know that sticks and stones can be picked up and thrown back with greater force than originally launched.

This is not the purpose, reason or cause of this forum.

It is a means of mass communication for the 'Dubai English speaking community'. Lets use it as that, rather than a catapault to sling mud at individuals.

Like Israel and Palestine, there will always be frank and open discussion and disagreements based on territorial and political standpoints, oft leading to stone throwing and the odd riot, but let us not forget that we are all running in the same human race and this life is too short to waste time on pointless argument with heads thrust metaphorically in the sand.

Bora: I have watched steadily as you lurk behind several members and take pleasure in snide personal comment that has zero relevance to the thread in question and diverts from the original topic. Suggest you desist immediately. Express your point of view on the topic, not on the messengers. If what you post has valid content, then let those same messengers comment on that rather than letting it degrade to a personal handbag swinging contest.
Melika: Ignore the Iranian slurs, jealously is a sad condition.
UAE Kid: I actually like to see your oft twisted view of the local perspective. It can be refreshing, yet can also be inflammatory to those from a foreign culture, a group that populates this forum extensively.
Rudeboy: You are the new HP! Some of us get you, most don't. Careful which hornet's nests you push your stick into.
Dillion The Newbie: Seems you can hold your own. Ignore the slingshots and arrows! Greetings and carry on.
Bethsmum: Similarly it seems you have some experience at street fighting, but once again be wary of the bear traps laid by older and seemingly less wise members here. Don't get sucked into any worthless argument at the cost of a personal slight. Welcome to a nice place.
DrewPeacock: Welcome, just click 'next' when you see pointless posts.

Chocs: You are made of sterner stuff than to allow yourself to be goaded, just don't rise to the bait if you can.
Sage: Lets use more of this part of your moniker (as opposed to the 'Onion' part)

I am not even going to touch on the Political Forum as this is an artillery battle complete with WMD!!

In summary, play nice.

Fed up with up with the custard pies whistling past my nose.

Peace and love.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

:cheers:

Holy crap the fur was certainly flying.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oh look Sage! A swear word - in it's entirity, by sweet Kanelli non-the-less. Off to FC it goes!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Jews And Palestinians Or Chocoholic And Bora Bora? Sep 04, 2010
:lol: :lol: swear words been used long ago in this thread, I think the reason Sage didnt move it is to reamin it accessible by newbies (it s not an attack Smartie rabbit, pls dont compliment me with ur sweet words!!)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

LOL that's not the reason Mel :wink: and I was being sarcastic :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

yeah I got the sarcastic part, look at the two :lol: :lol: at the beginning of my post! :wink:

So what s the resaon?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:yeah I got the sarcastic part, look at the two :lol: :lol: at the beginning of my post! :wink:

So what s the resaon?

Can't be bothered to go into it - Sage knows!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

hmm, very mysterious! I will ask Sage then.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote::lol: :lol: swear words been used long ago in this thread, I think the reason Sage didnt move it is to reamin it accessible by newbies (it s not an attack Smartie rabbit, pls dont compliment me with ur sweet words!!)

ROFLMHO :lol: My dearest Mel, I do not believe you have a malicious thought in your angelic psyche and would never in a thousand Years believe you would overtly attack anyone! let alone a humble newbie :lol:
Dillon

melika969 wrote:hmm, very mysterious! I will ask Sage then.

Urgh - In the thread regarding Blackberries I used a word - not in its entirity and yet, rather than simply editing the word out, he sent it to FC, therefore not allowing 'newbies' or any others without access to contribute to a valuable topic.

And yet this thread has remained, even though there is bad language and general nastiness - therefore it's hypocrisy and one rule for one and another for others. So therefore, either send this thread to FC as per the rules, or don't be lazy and go back reinstate the BB thread!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:

Urgh - In the thread regarding Blackberries I used a word - not in its entirity and yet, rather than simply editing the word out, he sent it to FC, therefore not allowing 'newbies' or any others without access to contribute to a valuable topic.

And yet this thread has remained, even though there is bad language and general nastiness - therefore it's hypocrisy and one rule for one and another for others. So therefore, either send this thread to FC as per the rules, or don't be lazy and go back reinstate the BB thread!

hehe Chocs, maybe Sage has changed his rules a little, becaue I noticed the "Another Brutal Attack" is still here too. So I don't think it's abt hypocrisy.

-- Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:57 am --

Dillon wrote:
melika969 wrote::lol: :lol: swear words been used long ago in this thread, I think the reason Sage didnt move it is to reamin it accessible by newbies (it s not an attack Smartie rabbit, pls dont compliment me with ur sweet words!!)

ROFLMHO :lol: My dearest Mel, I do not believe you have a malicious thought in your angelic psyche and would never in a thousand Years believe you would overtly attack anyone! let alone a humble newbie :lol:

awww how sweet! I have angelic psyche?! but I thought I was a "minx"!

or is that sarcasm too, which I didnt get? :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Jews And Palestinians Or Chocoholic And Bora Bora? Sep 05, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Jews and Palestinians or Chocoholic and Bora Bora? Sep 05, 2010
Do your job!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Do your job!

Are you paying my salary?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Is this thread still going on-going?

I think we should send in George Mitchell to arbitrate! :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No you want Tony Blair for this situation, look at what he thinks he did for Northern Ireland.
Bethsmum

If I said s#$t, then it would be a swear word, but I'm allowed to say crap. ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat