Qatar Gas To UK

Topic locked
Qatar Gas to UK Mar 21, 2009
The first ship carrying Liquid Natural Gas [LNG] came into the new terminal at Milford Haven ,Pembrokeshire , West Wales TODAY.
The gas came from the North Field in Qatar and was sold by Qatargas.
There is some mention of this and other Qatar matters on
The gas passed through the Med via Malta and took 14 days to get to the UK.
Now that QATAR is a VERY RICH little country with a lot of development going on around the capital, Doha , and the MONEY TO PAY FOR IT!!
Of course, they have not gone MAD!!
New Doha International Airport is going to be HUGE.
I reckon it may weel be known as Qatar International Airport.
What do you think?
They are pretty strict in Qatar , are they not??

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
RK - Qatar was quaint in 73, it had $$$$ then and has mucho $$$$ now, but has the ambience of a cold winters day on the beach at Scarbourgh. (Except of course that it is hot!)

Visited a few years back and thought we had arrived when the rest of the country had gone on holiday - empty. No really - Empty. And it was not a holiday.

We and another family from the UK went to a theme park on the 2nd night. Arriving in the car park by cab, we did wonder at the free availablity of parking, but paid our entrance and went in. We had the place to ourselves. The 4 kids had every ride to themselves, except when they jumped into the "bumper boats" only to be told "only 2 working. They then ran to the bumper cars "only 1 working." In truth they ran around and a good time and we left an hour later. We waited longer for the cabs to pick us up than we had in the park.

They are strict, but have always had booze there, available by licence from Gray McKenzie. The hotels have fully functional residents bars, where guests and their friends can enjoy a late night Cointreau :wink:

But in their implimentation of Sharia law, they are strict yes. There is none of the Dubai "grey" area rubbish. Behave or get the chop. Behave or have some very influencial local behind you! In a way it is far better than Dubai - black is black and white is white - simple, and you know where you stand.

As a tourist destination with one of the worlds biggest airports :lol: :lol: why ? As a kiddie I was there way back when concorde flew from London to Sydney for the first time stopping in Bahrain and Qatar en route, and they had the worlds longest runway back then. For the 3 flights per day in and out of the country. Bananas! Qatar Air is a great airline, but again bananas! They will sell you alcohol in flight to Doha, then confiscate it at customs on arrival (ah you see, you don't have a licence :) )

The town of Doha is relatively clean but can be visited in the space of 2 hours.

It is a pity that they have looked at the Dubai model and seen all the glitz and decided that they want some of it for themselves - building "The Pearl" etc it was the one town in the area that had the potential to be a heritage site, not another chrome and glass nightmare.

Try Oman. (Qatars big poorer brother) heritage, culture, friendly people beautiful diverse scenery and fantastic beaches. Kind of the Wales of the Arabian pennisula, without the accent :wink:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 21, 2009
That was an interesting review of Qatar, VW. Thanx for that.

I guess I have some sort of weakness for Oman's scenery. I've been watching these dive video's of Al Boom diving and trips from people visiting Oman in my surroundings and all I hear is the friendly Arab residents and pitesk towns with true smell of culture.
Like you said VW, the beaches of Oman are magnificent and when I am ready to visit/live in Dubai I will surely visit Oman to see this with my own eyes.

Again thanx for the Qatar information. Interesting stuff guys. ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Qatar Gas to UK May 14, 2010
VW
I've been to Oman, but only for a day. I would not describe it as being like Wales. Those mountains are completely, dry, bare, arid and REALLY JAGGED. I did not find it to be very attractive......far too arid and rocky .
Meanwhile, Wales is one of the GREENEST countries on the planet. The smooth, neat rolling hills and tidy green fields of Brecon and Radnor in South Powys are particularly attractive .
Sheep........the "golden hoof" keep that wonderful area looking really neat and well-farmed........................Plus the Welsh lamb they produce is the tastiest in the world !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Qatar Gas To UK May 14, 2010
What were you expecting Sherlock its in the middle east sitting nest to the biggest sand desert in the world. Oh BTW visit Salalah oh senile one, during the Monsoon Season and you'd be surprised
desertdudeshj

Re: Qatar Gas To UK May 14, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:What were you expecting Sherlock its in the middle east sitting nest to the biggest sand desert in the world. Oh BTW visit Salalah oh senile one, during the Monsoon Season and you'd be surprised

I suggest you check your facts on

http://www.visit-wales.com, http://www.visit-oman.com, http://www.visit-dessert.com, http://www.green-planet.com, www.visit-brecon.com and www.visit-powys.com

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Re: Qatar Gas to UK May 17, 2010
Edited because of spam and constant inappropriate use of Caps.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Qatar Gas To UK May 17, 2010
Oops gramps seems to have found the capslock key again ! and managed to squeeze a little spam in there aswell.
desertdudeshj

RK

I have edited your post. In answer to your question as too why i am taking the p*ss my reply is simple

"which part of don't Spam and use Caps dont you understand?"

and

"are you a retard?"

To be frank RK i banned you last year and you are that close to me banning you again - i really do hope you take heed this time.
arniegang

The " don't spam and use Caps " part :mrgreen:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:The " don't spam and use Caps " part :mrgreen:

obviously and thats why i asked if he is in some way retarded

arniegang

Thinking about it DD, maybe i wont ban him. Maybe, i'll let him spend a considerable amount of time writing his pages of crap and then in a 5 second bong i will just delete the lot.

:D :mrgreen:
arniegang

Your getting meaner by the day AG.......................me like 8)

Yeah don't ban him, he can be DF's little pet. :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Your getting meaner by the day AG.......................me like 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah don't ban him, he can be DF's little pet. :D

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

desertdudeshj wrote:What were you expecting Sherlock its in the middle east sitting nest to the biggest sand desert in the world. Oh BTW visit Salalah oh senile one, during the Monsoon Season and you'd be surprised

as in

www.visit-Salalah.com ??

arniegang

OH NO ! I've been infected with RK's oldtimers disease aswell ! I'm spamming unconsciously and uncontrolably !

www.visit-spam.co.ck ...Doh !

Must...........not................spam !.............www.visit..........arrrghhhh!
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:OH NO ! I've been infected with RK's oldtimers disease aswell ! I'm spamming unconsciously and uncontrolably !

http://www.visit-spam.co.ck ...Doh !

Must...........not................spam !.............www.visit..........arrrghhhh!

You are being closely monitored now DD :lol:

see here

www.visit-modswhosubconsiouslyspam.com

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight

Re: Qatar Gas to UK May 18, 2010
That's a bit pathetic, if grown men cannot cope with reading capital letters. Check out one of the most intelligent , informative web-sites on the internet, iceagenow.com. It is full of messages and reports in capitals . There again it is a serious web-site for grown-ups who can cope with reading both capitals and lower case print !!

They even realise on there that the printed word does NOT emit sound , funnily enough!

Why don't you ban Arabic script in Dubai ? After all , it is not in your favoured lower case !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

RedKite wrote:That's a bit pathetic, if grown men cannot cope with reading capital letters. Check out one of the most intelligent , informative web-sites on the internet, iceagenow.com. It is full of messages and reports in capitals . There again it is a serious web-site for grown-ups who can cope with reading both capitals and lower case print !!

They even realise on there that the printed word does NOT emit sound , funnily enough!

Why don't you ban Arabic script in Dubai ? After all , it is not in your favoured lower case !!

:lol: :lol: Nice one RK! Alas ignorance is bliss :P
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

RedKite wrote:That's a bit pathetic, if grown men cannot cope with reading capital letters. Check out one of the most intelligent , informative web-sites on the internet, iceagenow.com. It is full of messages and reports in capitals . There again it is a serious web-site for grown-ups who can cope with reading both capitals and lower case print !!

you must http://www.visit-iceagenow.com a lot then

and by the way RK its not that we cant read your dribble in Caps, we just dont want too. Hope that clears up your misunderstanding.
arniegang

Re: Qatar Gas To UK May 18, 2010
Granpa kite sure has a talent of squeezing in that spam even in the most serious of his posts !

If nothing else he sure is a determined spammer !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Granpa kite sure has a talent of squeezing in that spam even in the most serious of his posts !

If nothing else he sure is a determined spammer !

Or is that Spanner?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Tool is correct my friend :D

desertdudeshj

Re: Qatar Gas to UK May 26, 2010
It was not ME who described Oman as being like Wales !!

So who is the "retard" ? Is the heat getting to you lot out there?

Beautiful weather here in Wales! Wall-to-wall sunshine and a cooling northerly breeze giving us temps in the Seventies ......and NO humidity !!
All the fields are a deep green ; the bright yellow gorse is in full flower all around my hedge-banks ; Cardigan Island , which is a 40 acre island 200 metres off my farm park....and where we see Atlantic Grey seals and Bottlenose dolphins daily........ has about 5 acres of bluebells in full flower at the moment.

I have a 340 acre coastal farm , including 165 acres of Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park and 1100 geo-domains including about 300 tourism web-sites .

Not bad for a "RETARD" !!!!

I have put you tube videos of my town on visit-cardigan.co.uk and my farm park on my cardiganisland.com ............It's what us "retards" do !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Qatar Gas To UK May 26, 2010
Yes thats what you retards do, endlessly SPAM. Seiously whats with you ? Can't you post a single post without dishing out some kind of spam of yours ?

How stubbourn does one have to be ? Almost everyone here has told you they don't appriciate your spam, you've even been banned because of that and yet you carry on. What else do you want everyone one to think other than there could no other explination other than your stubourn and retarded.

Don't you realise your just making a fool of yourself over and over again. Do you like being ridiculed and mocked ?
desertdudeshj

Hey, your trolls in this section more literate than the ones in ours - and seemingly older and richer too, 340 acres of farmland - ooh err!

(We have to make do with starry-eyed whipper snappers from yonder shores who like to issue fatwas and Quranic interpretations!) :)

That said - I do love Pembrokeshire... oooh, no - have I been infected?? :) ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

-- Wed May 26, 2010 2:11 pm --

One day while filming Walker, Texas Ranger. A sheep died during production. People were sad and production came to a halt. Chuck Norris found out about the disruption in the production schedule and went over to see the dead sheep a few hours later.
Chuck took a deep breath and slowly began to breath air into the dead sheep's lungs. Amazingly the little sheep started to move! Chuck gently placed the sheep on the ground. After a few seconds and to the amazement of the Walker staff, the sheep was walking around as if nothing had ever happened.
People thought they had just witnessed a miracle! It was absolutely amazing. Men and women alike were crying tears of joy.

Then out of nowhere a roundhouse kick broke the sheeps neck. The sheeps lifeless corpse lay on the ground again, where only seconds ago Chuck had brought it back to life.
Chuck glared around at the cast, crew and production people and said one phrase before heading back to his dressing room.

"The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck taketh away"
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Chuck please go to where ever this plonker lives and roundhouse kick the spam out of him.

www.chuck-rk-antispamroundhousekick.com.

!!!!!!! oops !
desertdudeshj

Re: Qatar Gas to UK May 26, 2010
RedKite wrote:I have a 340 acre coastal farm , including 165 acres of Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park and 1100 geo-domains including about 300 tourism web-sites .

And when the tide comes in...its about a 30 square foot farm!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat