'Islamic Terrorists'

Topic locked
'Islamic terrorists' May 16, 2010
Since we already have another thread started by a moderator keeping track of acts of terrorism supposedly perpetrated by Christian fundamentalists, I thought it would only be fair to keep track of Islamic (jihad) terrorism.

It would also be a good idea to quote from the passages in the Koran, hadith and rulings from Muslim religious scholars that Islamic terrorists will often copiously cite from for themselves (such as Osama bin Laden's declaration of war against the United States and Jews) in communiques and manifestos and messages to the Western and Muslim world.

Grant it, as Raymond Ibrahim has incite-fully pointed out, Muslims couch their reasons for waging war in more secular terms in the West than they do when addressing the Muslim world. Either way, for Muslim terrorist groups (and ordinary Muslims), the eventual establishment of Islamic law is often their 'end goal'.

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) -- A suicide bomber detonated his cache of explosives late Sunday near the gate of an Afghan Border Police residence in Kandahar where insurgents are waging a campaign of targeted killings.

Kandahar Police Chief Sher Mohammed Zazai said at least three people were wounded in the attack in the northeast part of Kandahar city.

"There was a suicide attacker on a motorbike who blew himself up when he got near the gate," Zazai said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 6-14-43-27

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: 'Islamic Terrorists' May 17, 2010
Raymond Ibrahim - classic.

:)

I presume the fact you've started a new thread is that you want to avoid the question I've asked you concerning the Christian Terrorist group the LRA (who you insist are Christian Terrorists - I argued they are converts to a cult)?

Carry on though - it will be interesting to take note on the numbers of 'Islamic' terrorist acts are being done in the name of religion and compare them with the facts compiled by the FBI and Europol which document the terrorism taking place in the US and Europe respectively.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 17, 2010
I'll stick to suicide bombings and mass casualty terror attacks, for the most part.

There's no way I could ever keep up with daily Islamist terror attacks.

Incidentally, other websites do keep track of Islamist terror.

It's interesting that you chose to delete my posts in the other thread rather than simply move them to this thread.

Hey, I can understand that you would rather delete posts that make it difficult for others to believe your spin.

It really amazed me from all of those entries just how many Islamic suicide bombers there were - and this was when there was significantly less violence in Iraq.

It's safe to say, withstanding any more mod censorship, that this thread will continue on indefinitely.
event horizon

Re: 'Islamic Terrorists' May 17, 2010
Knock yourself out - treat this thread as you personal sand-box where you can 'play' to your heart's content.

Should you have any new point you wish me to discuss/address, please make that clear in your post. We've already covered your quaint orientalist views of Islam and we've shared a laugh at your labelling of attacks as 'Islamic'.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 18, 2010
At least 12 people have been killed in a bomb attack on a police van in the northwestern Pakistani town of Dera Ismail Khan, medical and police officials say.

They said the bomb was planted on a bicycle and it exploded as the vehicle - carrying a senior police officer - drove through the outskirts of Dera Ismail Khan, on the main road leading to Bannu, on Tuesday.

"We have received 12 dead bodies and 10 injured," Nasir Malik Akhtar, head of the casualty department at Dera Ismail Khan hospital, said.

"The dead included three policemen, including one officer, and nine civilians."

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 90439.html

At least 18 people have been killed, including eight Afghan civilians and six Nato troops, in a suicide car-bomb attack in the Afghan capital, Kabul, police say.

Tuesday's attack targeted a Nato convoy close to an army-recruitment centre, the parliament and other government buildings in Kabul.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast, one of the deadliest attacks in Kabul in months.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 66398.html
event horizon

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 19, 2010
We've already covered your quaint orientalist views of Islam and we've shared a laugh at your labelling of attacks as 'Islamic'.

Who is we? U and Berrin? Speak for urself Shaf, others have mouth!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: 'Islamic Terrorists' May 19, 2010
You didn't share a laugh? Ahh, then I feel sorry for you.

I'm not sure Berrin was around when Quaint Beliefs were being discussed - and eh earned the title 'shEikH' for his fatwas. There was also the Tali-tubby incident, and the less funny 'it's ok to enslave 32000 virgins after killing their families, because God told them to do it' exchange.

:)

But hey, don't get me wrong - I'm glad eh's created his little play area where he can list 'Islamic Terrorist' attacks - it may prove a useful list sometime in the future, and may even distract attention away from the next thread down which he requested I set up!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I dont know about 32000 virgins, but 70000 are waiting for you in heaven!
those name u like to give to others, are just funny to you Shaf! not to me!

You might want to reconsider putting off-topic posts about 32000 virgins in all threads!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Excellent.

It's a shame that this isn't in the Quran - but hey, it's a nice thought though.

MOD_EDITED (you can start new thread about it)

;)

C'mon - give me (MOD_EDITED) a smile, it's not a lie is it?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thanks for the edits and suggestions Melika! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Who is we? U and Berrin? Speak for urself Shaf, others have mouth!

O sweet darling haven't you noticed that he is only speaking to muslims, mainly to Shafique and me once in a while on this forum. You don't consider yourself muslim.. do you?

-- Wed May 19, 2010 7:05 pm --

I dont know about 32000 virgins, but 70000 are waiting for you in heaven!

Hey have you been to heavens? it may be 100.000 to your surprise.. :bounce:

-- Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 pm --

those name u like to give to others, are just funny to you Shaf! not to me!

exactly.. not to you! Who is u? there is we!

And you think EH is serious in his allegations? So serious that he cannot find answers to questions directed to him in full quotes? Funny names only comes after funny replies or in the absence of solid justification.

Hey Miss, do realise that you trouble everyone over your sense of humor failure, you're the one who neither care to read nor understand what is written with humor and yet the only person like to have a large mouth to spin around on his favour. They can talk in any style they like as long as they are together and happy with it. and I am sure English is their native language to understand the mood to adjust.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

I have sense of humor, I dont like YOUR JOKES! |(YOUR as you and Shaf). the problem is not my sense of humor, it is your mean jokes and names,which I dont like and I am free to not like them!

Hey Miss, do realise that you trouble everyone over your sense of humor failure

again, what is with that everyone? you are so insecure of yourself that you need to include all others in your opinions. Please speak for yourself. If others wants to approve you,they can come in and comment! I want to see who is the everyone which is in trouble with my sense of humor failure?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I have sense of humor, I dont like YOUR JOKES! |(YOUR as you and Shaf). the problem is not my sense of humor, it is your mean jokes and names,which I dont like and I am free to not like them!

Sure just as anything else your humor lags behind too. I don't need caplocks to express anger and I am not the one who shows inherent grotesque assailant nature as you are.

You are entitled to your own dislikes, nothing to do with us and if you can't bear it you just leave it..
It's those jokes and names that makes me read the least bit... then fall into laughter.

you are so insecure of yourself

bloody hell. yea couldn't have I found somebody better to tell me how insecure I am. Just get out off here miss.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: 'Islamic Terrorists' May 20, 2010
I just realised that Melika had deleted my summary of eh's extremist views and asked me to start a new thread on it - I didn't immediately realise this was what was edited (Mel in future you should make this clear by doing something like:

Original;
Melika is a great moderator, very fair and a great sense of humour...

Edited
Melika is [deleted - because would cause offense to xyz, please start new thread].. :)

Humour aside, if you make it clear where you delete things - then it's clear when it has been done. I'll take your advice and start a new thread.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 20, 2010
bloody hell. yea couldn't have I found somebody better to tell me how insecure I am. Just get out off here miss.

:mrgreen:

(Mel in future you should make this clear by doing something like:

Sure, thanks for your advice.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 21, 2010
KHOST (AFP) – A suicide truck bomb attack on an Afghan border police station killed an officer on Friday and three other suicide attackers were shot dead, an official said.

The suicide attacker drove his explosives-laden truck into the post in Urgun district of eastern Paktika province, killing a border police officer guarding the gate, provincial spokesman Mukhlis Afghan told AFP.

"Three other suicide attackers dressed in military uniform who were trying to enter the station after the blast were shot and killed by the police," he said.

Urgun shares a border with Pakistan, where Afghan officials say Taliban militants carry out attacks across the border from North Waziristan, a fortress of Al-Qaeda-linked and other Islamist militant groups.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100521/wl ... nrestblast

-- Sat May 22, 2010 12:02 am --

A car bomb has exploded in a crowded market in Iraq's troubled northern Diyala province, killing at least 22 people and wounding 53 others, police say.

The attack took place near a crowded cafe in the town of Khalis, about 80 km north of Baghdad, Iraq's capital, police said on Friday.

Zeina Khodr, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Iraq, said there was no claim of responsibility for the attack.

"Iraqi civilians are paying the price for the political instability in the country," Khodr said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 99207.html

-- Sun May 23, 2010 7:31 am --

Missed one:

* MOSUL - A suicide bomber attacked a police checkpoint, killing two policeman and a civilian and wounding another eight people including three policemen, in western Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.

May 20 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1400 GMT on Thursday.

* Denotes a new or updated item.

* MOSUL - A suicide bomber attacked a police checkpoint, killing two policeman and a civilian and wounding another eight people including three policemen, in western Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.

* MOSUL - Gunmen shot dead two policemen at a police checkpoint in central Mosul, police said.

* MOSUL - Gunmen killed a civilian in western Mosul, police said.

* MOSUL - Gunmen wounded two civilians during an attack on an army patrol in western Mosul, police said.

MAHMUDIYA - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol wounded two policemen and two civilians in the town of Mahmudiya, 30 km (20 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.

BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded six civilians in Baghdad's southwestern district of Jihad, police said.

BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded two civilians in Baghdad's western district of al-Ghazaliya, police said.

YUSUFIYA - A bomb exploded inside a house, wounded three people in central Yusufiya, 20 km (12 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.

BALAD RUZ - Iraqi police killed five militants in clashes that lasted for three hours in an area near Balad Ruz, 90 km (55 miles) northeast of Baghdad, a security source said. The militants wounded five policemen, the source added.

BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded three civilians in southwestern Baghdad, police said.

BAGHDAD - A bomb attached to a car wounded the driver in northeastern Baghdad, police said.

MAHMUDIYA - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol wounded three civilians in the town of Mahmudiya, south of Baghdad, police said.

BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded five civilians near the Shaab soccer stadium in eastern Baghdad, police said.

BAIJI - A roadside bomb targeting a government-backed militia leader wounded six members of the militia in Baiji, 180 km (112 miles) north of Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.

KIRKUK - Gunmen killed a civilian and wounded two members of his family in an attempted kidnapping in eastern Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db9 ... c=3&cc=irq

-- Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm --

Reporting from Baghdad
Masked gunmen killed 15 people in a daring daytime robbery Tuesday, blasting their way into a Baghdad street of goldsmiths and shooting customers and storekeepers before fleeing with armfuls of gold.

Security officials quickly blamed the brazen midday attack in the southwestern neighborhood of Bayaa on the Sunni militant Al Qaeda in Iraq, which is known to at least partially fund its operations through extortion and crime in the cities of Baghdad and Mosul.

Witnesses said 15 to 20 gunmen, wearing scarves over their faces and using pistols fitted with silencers, took part in the raid. The thieves blocked the street with their vehicles and threw grenades as they moved among the stores, smashing windows and grabbing cash and jewelry.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 9287.story

-- Thu May 27, 2010 9:10 pm --

STAVROPOL, Russia, May 27 (UPI) -- The number dead from a terrorist attack in Stavropol in southern Russia rose to seven, including a child, emergency services personnel said Thursday.

A regional investigator said the explosion outside the city's House of Culture and Sport, before a Chechen band concert, injured more than 42 people. The bomb was made of about a half-pound of TNT, the investigator said.

Officials said no one has claimed responsibility for the blast, Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported.

Officials said an 11 year-old girl was among the dead.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Internation ... 274968454/
event horizon

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 28, 2010
Copied over from other thread:

event horizon wrote:
Another libertarian, anti-government militia type.

LoL.

An actual or imagined Christian terrorist, I agree with Mr. Jasser explaining the differences between Islamic extremism vs extremism in other religions:

Whether Shahzad ends up being connected to a militant jihadist Pakistani Islamist network or not, he is obviously not a “lone wolf”. The ideas that drove him to act did not hatch de novo in his own mind. We cannot ignore the common ideology, the common malignant virus of the slippery slope of political Islam that takes over these growing number of Muslims.

The cases of homegrown Islamist terror mount week after week since 9-11 with a frightening uptick in just the past year. Yet, we are still ignoring the writing on the wall as we remain suffocated by political correctness and a willful blindness to political Islam and its common pathway of radicalization.

...Islamists have a well-established transnational global network of entities hatched from Islamist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and its offshoots. Whether we care to admit it or not, Islamists are at war intellectually and kinetically with western liberal democracies.

dubai-politics-talk/islamic-terrorism-muslim-perspective-t41880.html
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Eh likes to make bombsite news, couse he said..

-- Tue May 25, 2010 6:56 pm --

Berrin, I'm totally for the Taliban taking over Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I'm also rooting for al-Shabaab to take over Somalia, AQI to take over Diyala, Anbar and Salauddin provinces in Iraq and for al-Qaeda affiliated tribesmen to take over swathes of Yemen and a popular Islamist revolt toppling the Saudi regime.

dubai-politics-talk/the-going-occupy-pakistan-t42017.html
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Assailants with guns and grenades have attacked two mosques in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore, killing at least 70 people.

The co-ordinated assaults on mosques of the minority Ahmadi sect wounded scores more in different residential neighbourhoods of the city shortly after Friday prayers, police said.

The armed men, including three suicide bombers, stormed into the prayer halls firing guns, throwing grenades and reportedly taking hostages, police said.

Sajjad Bhutta, the deputy commissioner of Lahore, said at least 70 people were killed in the twin attacks on mosques in Garhi Shahu and Model Town, while at least 78 others were injured.

The assault at Model Town was brief, and involved four attackers opening fire on worshippers before exploding hand grenades, Bhutta said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 01784.html

-- Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm --

Berrin wrote:Eh likes to make bombsite news, couse he said..

I'm also rooting for al-Shabaab to take over Somalia, AQI to take over Diyala, Anbar and Salauddin provinces in Iraq and for al-Qaeda affiliated tribesmen to take over swathes of Yemen and a popular Islamist revolt toppling the Saudi regime.

Berrin, do you agree or disagree that al Qaeda and the Taliban receive strong support from Muslims worldwide?
event horizon

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 29, 2010
Berrin, do you agree or disagree that al Qaeda and the Taliban receive strong support from Muslims worldwide?

Muslims must..cause America and its allies want them so.. Remember everthing America says and does is the name of the game and is something that everyone should strictly adhere to..

Eh likes to make bombsite news and weird questions to ask, couse he said..

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: 'Islamic terrorists' May 31, 2010
Berrin, that is an interesting point.

Do you think Muslims support al-Qaeda because of their religious views?

KABUL (AFP) – A suicide attacker with explosives strapped to his body blew himself up Saturday outside a military caterer in Kabul but caused no casualties, Afghanistan's interior ministry said.

The explosion took place east of the capital, close to a warehouse and supermarket run by Supreme Food Services, supplier of food to the foreign military, ministry spokesman Zemarai Bashary told AFP.

"It was suicide attack and the suicide attacker detonated explosives strapped to his body," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100529/wl ... nrestblast

-- Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:55 pm --

At least 6 people have been killed, and up to 40 wounded, in an attack on a hospital in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore, local officials and media say.

At least three armed men
raided Jinnah hospital on Monday, a senior doctor told the Reuters news agency.

"They barged into the hospital building and opened indiscriminate fire," Javed Ikram, chief executive of the hospital, said.

"Some hospital guards and attendants were also killed," he said.

Among the dead are three policemen, a woman and a private security guard, Sajjad Bhutta, a government official, told Reuters.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 19577.html

-- Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 pm --

Several rockets were launched at the tent housing the conference, locally called a "jirga", during Karzai's opening speech on Wednesday. Long bursts of gunfire were also heard nearby.

A suicide bomber also blew himself up near the tent, according to Afghan police. No casualties were reported, except for the bomber. The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 50477.html

-- Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:30 am --

At least six people have been killed in a wave of bombings in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.

Four police officers and one civilian were killed when a suicide bomber blew up a car outside a police station in the southern al-Amil district on Sunday morning.

About a dozen of others were injured when the attacker drove a vehicle packed with explosives into a gathering of police during a shift change.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 53242.html

NANGARHAR - A suicide bomber on a motorcycle detonated explosives near a NATO military convoy in Jalalabad city, capital of eastern Nangarhar province, wounding 13 civilians and a policeman, the Afghan Interior Ministry said.

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db9 ... enDocument

The U.S. Embassy in Kabul said an American citizen and another person died in an attack on a police training center in Kandahar.

"Our sympathies go out to those who lost loved ones in this callous attack. The United States will continue to stand with our Afghan partners to fight terrorism and help the Afghan government provide security, safety and prosperity to its people," it said.

The Afghan Interior Ministry said three suicide attackers who assaulted the center were killed. One driving a Toyota Corolla struck the police training center tower and two suicide attackers who attempted to enter the center detonated themselves at the facility's gate.

http://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2010/0 ... er-attack/

-- Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 pm --

MUQDADIYA - Two civilians were killed and five wounded when a suicide bomber on a motorcycle rammed into a U.S. army patrol in Muqdadiya, 80 km (50 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said.

At least 39 people were killed and 73 wounded by an explosion at a wedding in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar on Wednesday, a senior official in the provincial capital told AFP.

The cause of the blast was unclear, especially as insurgent attacks in the province, the heartland of the Taliban, are normally aimed at military or police targets.

"There was an explosion at a wedding at Nangahaan in Arghandab district. At least 39 bodies were transported to Kandahar central hospital. Seventy three people were wounded," said Mohammad Anaas, a senior official with the city administration present at the hospital.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-wo ... -xx5q.html

-- Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:50 am --

UPDATE

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - NATO on Thursday blamed the Taliban for a suicide attack that killed at least 40 Afghan wedding guests in an area where US-led troops are massing to drive insurgents from their fiefdom.

Officials said a suicide bomber strapped with explosives had walked into Wednesday’s wedding party — which relatives said was attended by members of an anti-Taliban militia — and unleashed a deadly hail of ballbearings.

The Taliban, who are leading a nearly nine-year insurgency against the Western-backed government and the estimated 142,000 foreign troops in Afghanistan, denied responsibility and blamed a NATO airstrike for the deaths.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayarti ... ional&col=

UPDATE

-- Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm --

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Two U.S. troops and at least 11 civilians died in violence across southern Afghanistan on Friday, including one attack in which a suicide bomber wearing a burqa blew himself up in a bazaar.

Violence has spiked recently in Afghanistan's volatile south as Taliban insurgents step up attacks ahead of a planned major operation by NATO forces to secure the main city of Kandahar, the birthplace of the Taliban.

In Kandahar province on Friday, nine civilians, including four women and three children, were killed and eight other people were wounded when their vehicle hit a roadside bomb in Maiwand district, Zalmai Ayoubi, a spokesman for the provincial governor said. The driver hit the mine when he veered off the road to go around a section that was damaged.

In neighboring Zabul province, a suicide bomber dressed in a burqa detonated his cache of explosives in a shopping area in Shahjoy district, killing two civilians and wounding at least 16 others, said Mohammad Jan Rasoolyar, a spokesman for the provincial governor.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/afgh ... acks_N.htm

A suicide car bomb in a central Iraqi town killed two American soldiers and wounded six others on Friday, a US military statement said.

"Two US Division-North soldiers were killed and six injured after a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near their combined patrol today," it said.

Iraqi security officials earlier said four people were killed in the attack on a joint American-Iraqi patrol in Jalawla, northeast of the capital Baghdad, in Diyala province.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100611/tw ... d7efd.html

-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:18 am --

At least nine people have been killed in a village east of the Algeria's capital after a suicide bomber drove a lorry into the barracks of an elite police unit.

The bombing happened on Friday in the town of Timizar in the Kabylia region, police officials said.

The dead included four police officers and a Chinese worker who was involved in the construction of a highway in the area, the officials said

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 27406.html

-- Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:49 am --

* BAGHDAD - Fifteen people were killed and dozens wounded when suicide bombers detonated at least one bomb at Iraq's central bank and gunmen battled troops in what officials said may have been a raid on the vaults. Up to four suicide bombers and three gunmen also died, said a Baghdad security spokesman.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/RAS331898.htm

-- Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 am --

MOSUL - Fourteen people including three policemen were wounded when a suicide car bomb exploded near an Iraqi police patrol in eastern Mosul, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/MUH643933.htm

-- Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 pm --

Kabul - A suicide bomber on Thursday targeted a district headquarters in southern Afghanistan, killing a police constable and wounding six people, the Interior Ministry said.

The bomber was identified by police as he was trying to enter the district headquarters of Andar in Ghazni province, the ministry said in a statement.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ ... fghanistan

-- Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:17 pm --

Two car bombs have exploded outside the headquarters of the Trade Bank of Iraq in Baghdad, killing at least 26 people and injuring 53 others, security officials have said.

Major General Qassim al-Moussawi, a security spokesman, said Sunday's attack involved two suicide bombers in cars, who drove to the main gate of the bank and blew themselves up.

The near-simultaneous blasts occurred shortly after 11am [0830 GMT] in the al-Yarmuk neighbourhood of west Baghdad, when the area was crowded with people.

A source from the bank told Reuters news agency that several bank guards were killed in the blasts and the building was badly damaged.

At least two of the dead were police officers guarding a nearby interior ministry office that issues Iraqi identity cards, and many of the dead were women, ministry sources said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 68437.html

-- Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm --

A suicide bomber has killed eight people, including six policemen, and wounded 10 in a market in the northern Iraqi town of Shirqat, an interior ministry source said.

The source says the bomber detonated an explosives belt when police and civilians gathered to inspect the site of a roadside bomb minutes earlier, in which no-one had been hurt.

Shirqat is 300 kilometres north of Baghdad at the northern edge of mainly Sunni Salahuddin province, once a hotbed of Sunni Islamist militants.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ion=justin

-- Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 pm --

A female suicide bomber killed two foreign troops and wounded 18 locals in eastern Afghanistan, the Interior Ministry said Tuesday, a rare case of insurgents using a woman to attack NATO-led forces. Skip related content

The identity of Monday's bomber in Kunar province, near the border with Pakistan, is under investigation, ministry spokesman Zemaray Bashary said. There have been other attacks by women in Afghanistan, he said.

That was disputed by a spokesman for the Taliban-led insurgents, Zabihullah Mujahid, who said it was the first time a woman had carried out a suicide bombing during the Islamist group's nearly decade-long struggle to regain power.

"She herself volunteered for this mission because she had lost family members in the war," Mujahid told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100622/tw ... 5ae06.html

-- Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:45 am --

HELMAND - Three would-be-suicide bombers were killed when their suicide vests went off in the Marjah town of southern Helmand province on Monday, Interior Ministry said.

-- Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:30 pm --

TAL AFAR - A suicide car bomber was shot dead at an Iraqi army checkpoint as he was trying to attack a public market in eastern Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, the army commander of Tal Afar said.

MOSUL - Three suicide bombers killed five police and army personnel and wounded nine others in two separate attacks in Iraq's restive northern city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, security officials said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE65N0ZW.htm

-- Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:11 pm --

KHALDIYA - A suicide bomber blew himself up as police closed in on him in Khaldiya, 83 km (50 miles) west of Baghdad, police said. No one was hurt.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/IBR525915.htm

-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:53 pm --

URUZGAN - Two Afghan civilians were killed and five wounded on Saturday when a suicide bomber tried to target the acting governor of southern Uruzgan province, the ministry said.

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINSGE65 ... ws&rpc=401

Four suspected al-Qaida gunmen have blasted their way into the intelligence headquarters of Yemen's second largest city and freed several detainees in the group's most spectacular operation since a U.S.-backed government crackdown began late last year.

In a statement, the Yemeni government said the attacks bore the hallmarks of al-Qaida and resulted in the death of seven members of the security forces, three women and a child in the southern port city of Aden, about 200 miles (320 kilometers) south of the capital.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/19 ... emen-port/

-- Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:04 am --

KABUL - At least nine people were killed when Taliban guerrillas, including waves of suicide bombers, launched a series of daring attacks in east Afghanistan on Tuesday, officials said, in a clear upsurge of violence.

Suicide bombers attacked, or attempted to attack, government and security offices and a military post in two key eastern towns, Gardez and Jalalabad. Gunbattles raged in Gardez amid confused reports of the fighting.

In Gardez, capital of Paktia province, the U.S. military said at least three suicide attacks were reported. The Taliban said 15 suicide bombers launched attacks against government buildings.

Separately, two would-be suicide bombers attempted to attack a military outpost near the airport in Jalalabad, a former Taliban stronghold and capital of Nangarhar province, bordering Pakistan.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Violen ... z0sCBbqIMU

-- Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:40 pm --

*Note - the last links should be disregarded, they seem to be a year old.*

In western Afghanistan, two patients waiting for a doctor were wounded Wednesday when a suicide bomber detonated his vest of explosives behind a clinic in the Dularam district of Farah province, said Gen. Abdul Jabar Pardeli, chief of police in neighboring Nimroz province. He said the intended target was not known.

http://www.kcra.com/news/24089965/detail.html

KABUL, Afghanistan — Eight Taliban insurgents were killed on Wednesday after they attacked the NATO air base in Jalalabad using a suicide car bomb and rocket-propelled grenades in a failed attempt to breach the gate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/world ... an.html?hp

-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:13 am --

At least 35 people have been killed and hundreds injured after suicide attacks in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore.

Police have confirmed that at least two suicide bombers blew themselves up at a Sufi shrine in the centre of the city, and officials say the cause of a third blast is still being investigated.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 27825.html

-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 am --

A suicide bomber blew himself up in the capital of Russia's North Caucasus region of Chechnya on Wednesday, injuring five police officers and two women, Chechen investigators said.

The blast occurred when a 22-year-old local resident approached a police vehicle parked near a concert hall in downtown Grozny.

Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov was in the building at the time of the explosion but said he did not know if he was the bomber's intended target.

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100630/159643198.html

-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 pm --

The attack began around 3 a.m. when the first bomber exploded his car at the gate of the compound. Five other suicide bombers raced inside the building, where they began firing rifles, Mr. Omar said.

The five other attackers all eventually died inside the building, according to the governor, but he did not make it clear whether they had been shot by Afghan forces or had blown themselves up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/world ... lobal-home

-- Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:51 pm --

A female suicide bomber has blown herself up at the entrance to government offices in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi, killing at least four people.

The attack comes amid a surge in violence which in past weeks has swept across the province of Anbar and its capital Ramadi, shattering a long period of relative calm.

"At least four people were killed and 23 others wounded, including women and children, by a female suicide bomber at the entrance to the provincial government building," an interior ministry official said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ion=justin

-- Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 pm --

* BAGHDAD - Police shot at a suicide car bomber who tried to pass a security checkpoint in the Ghazaliya district of western Baghdad and the car exploded, wounding three soldiers and a policeman, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/RAS735813.htm

-- Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:22 am --

A suicide bomber has struck a crowd of Shia pilgrims en route to a shrine, killing at least 28 people and wounding 81 others in Iraq's capital, Baghdad.

Police said Wednesday's attack took place near a bridge where 1,000 Shia pilgrims died in a stampede during the same rite in 2005, after hearing rumours of a bomb.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 72400.html

-- Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:50 pm --

A suicide attack outside the office of a senior government official in Pakistan's northwest has killed up to 62 people and wounded at least 107 more, government and hospital officials say.

Rasool Khan, the region's assistant political agent, said two bombers struck on Friday after people had gathered around his office, in the Mohmand tribal area along the Afghanistan border.

The attack, which took place in a commercial neighbourhood, follows fresh campaigns by security forces against Pakistani Taliban fighters in recent weeks.

"There were two blasts. The first one was small but the second was a big one," Khan told the Reuters news agency.

An administration official, Mehraj Khan, had earlier described the incident as a suicide attack, but there were no details available on how the second blast happened.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 15355.html

BAGHDAD (AP) — A suicide bomber drove an explosives-laden car into an Iraqi army check point in western Baghdad, killing six people and injuring 20 on Friday morning, officials said.

Although violence in Iraq has subsided significantly in the past years, members of the security forces are still frequently targeted by insurgents seeking to stoke sectarian tensions. There are also concerns such attacks could increase amid a political deadlock four months after an inconclusive election and just weeks before U.S. troops begin heading home.

Police and hospital officials said three Iraqi soldiers and three civilians were killed in the early morning attack that occurred when the bomber detonated a car bomb in the predominantly Sunni neighborhood of Ghazaliyah.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq ... ence_N.htm

-- Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:54 am --

Hopefully this is an accurate source, never used it before:

5 soldiers killed, injured in Falluja attack

July 7, 2010 - 01:38:02

ANBAR / Aswat al-Iraq: One soldier was killed and four others were wounded in the car bomb explosion in east of Falluja, a police source said on Wednesday.

“A suicide bomber blew up a car crammed with explosives targeting a checkpoint in al-Khums Biyout region, east of Falluja, killing a soldier and injuring four,” the source told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“A security source had said earlier that a suicide bomber blew up a car bomb near a checkpoint of the Baghdad Operations Command in east of Falluja, leaving unspecified number of casualties.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=134198

-- Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 pm --

* MOSUL - One policeman was wounded when a suicide bomber blew himself up as police was trying to arrest him in southwest Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/KAM130288.htm

At least 74 people have been killed in two near simultaneous bomb explosions, apparently targeting crowds watching the World Cup final, in Uganda's capital, Kampala, police have said.

One blast hit an Ethiopian restaurant in the south of the city, while the other occurred at a rugby sports club in the east of Kampala.

Somalia's al-Shabab, a group which the US says has links to al-Qaeda, has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

"Al-Shabab was behind the two blast in Uganda," Sheik Ali Mohamud Rage, the group's spokesperson, told reporters in Mogadishu, the Somali capital.

"We thank the mujahideens that carried out the attack. We are sending a message to Uganda and Burundi, if they do not take out their AMISOM [African Union Mission in Somalia] troops from Somalia, blasts will continue and it will happen," Rage said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 26984.html

-- Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 pm --

A suicide bomber detonated his explosive-filled vehicle at the gate of the police headquarters in Kandahar city, the capital of the province of the same name Tuesday night, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ ... e-1st-Lead

-- Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 pm --

SULAIMAN PEK - A suicide bomber wearing an explosive belt blew himself up as Iraqi army forces stormed his home near the town of Sulaiman Pek, 160 km (100 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. No soldiers were hurt.

TIKRIT - A car bomb exploded near a police patrol, killing six people, including four policemen, and wounding 14 others in a commercial street in central Tikrit, 150 km (95 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/KAM530240.htm

-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:43 am --

Two explosions at a mosque in southeastern Iran have killed at least 20 people and injured more than 100 others in suicide attacks, Iranian officials say.

Hossein Ali Shahriari, a Zahedan member of parliament, told Fars that there were two suicide attacks one after another, with the first one carried out by a bomber dressed as a woman.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 99686.html

-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:50 pm --

On Thursday, a suicide bomber targeted a military convoy, killing five people in the Swat valley where the army put down a Taliban uprising last year.

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Pakistan_m ... 62010.html

-- Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 pm --

At least 18 people have been killed by armed men who attacked a convoy of passenger buses in northwest Pakistan.

The buses were passing through the village of Char Khel in the Kurram tribal agency when a group of men, armed with assault rifles, opened fire on them on Saturday.

The buses were travelling from the border town of Parachinar to Peshawar, the main city in northwest Pakistan.

Local police said that all of the victims were Shia Muslims. Kurram, with a sizeable Shia population, has been the scene of considerable sectarian violence.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 57115.html

-- Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:35 pm --

LANDI KOTAL: At least eight people were killed and 15 others injured when a bomb blast ripped through a busy market in Tirah valley of Khyber Agency on Friday. Three children were among the dead.

Fazal Amin, who owns a public call office in Mehraban Kallay where the blast had taken place, told this correspondent on phone that 10 people, seven activists of the outlawed Lashkar-i-Islam among them, had been killed.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... -770-rs-04

-- Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:18 pm --

A suicide bomber has killed at least 43 people and wounded another 40 in western Baghdad, Iraqi police told Al Jazeera.

The attack on Sunday occurred when members of the government-backed Sahwa militia lined up to be paid at an office in the Sunni district of Radwaniya.

In a seperate incident, a suicide bomber stormed a local Sahwa headquarters in the far western town Qaim, near the Syrian border, and opened fire on those inside.

The Sahwa fighters returned fire, wounding the attacker, who then blew himself up as they gathered around him, killing three and wounding six others, police officials said.

The Sahwa militia, or 'Awakening movements' took up arms against al-Qaeda in late 2006 with US backing.

Its fighters, recruited from among tribesmen and former anti-government fighters, are credited with turning the tide in the war against al-Qaeda in Iraq.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 30423.html

-- Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:23 pm --

*UPDATE*

Interpol has released reconstructions of the faces of two men suspected of carrying out suicide attacks in Uganda last week that left 73 people dead.

The France-based agency put out a worldwide call to police forces for information on the suspects on Sunday and said that the images were being made public in the hope of identifying the suspects.

*UPDATE*

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 38808.html

At least three people have been killed by a suicide bomb in the Afghan capital, Kabul.

Television pictures of the blast site showed a motorcycle overturned in the middle of a main road.

Security has been tightened across Kabul ahead of an international conference on Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10675799

-- Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:27 pm --

* MOSUL - A suicide car bomber ploughed into a convoy carrying employees of a British company, killing four of them and wounding five Iraqi civilians, in northern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, Iraqi security officials said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE66I063.htm

At least 15 people have been injured after a suicide bomber detonated his explosives belt inside a Shia mosque in the eastern Pakistani city of Sargodha.

"The attacker was carrying a bag and detonated the explosives as a guard at the gate tried to stop him," Abdul Ghafoor, a witness who was wounded in the attack, told the Reuters news agency.

People were performing evening prayers at the mosque when the attacker blew himself up.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 61881.html

-- Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm --

TAL AFAR - Iraqi army forces, tipped off by intelligence, killed a suicide bomber trying to blow himself up in a residential area of Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, on Monday, police said.

-- Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:14 pm --

A suicide car bomber struck a residential area in a town in Diyala province in eastern Iraq on Tuesday, killing three civilians and wounding nine others, a provincial police source said.

The attack took place around midday when a suicide bomber blew up his explosive-laden car at a residential area in the town of Qara-Tappa, some 120 km north of the provincial capital city of Baquba, the source from Diyala operations command told Xinhua on condition of anonymity. (Iraq-Bombing)

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/vi ... id/4326436

-- Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:23 pm --

A car bomb has exploded in a crowded market near the city of Baquba in Iraq's northern Diyala province, killing at least 15 people and wounding 26, police say.

Wednesday's bombing was the third deadly attack in the area this week.

Hospital and morgue sources in Baquba and nearby Muqdadiya, and a provincial government source, said the explosion had killed at least 30 and wounded 40.

Women and children were among the victims, police said.

The blast, in the town of Abu Sayda, about 10km east of Baquba, caused the partial collapse of a building, badly damaged four houses and set five cars ablaze, police said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 81802.html

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:39 am --

Algiers - A suicide bomber killed at least one person in Algeria's eastern Kabylie region on Sunday by driving a car rigged with explosives into a building used by security forces, local residents said.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1 ... 742C800458

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 pm --

A suicide bomber has detonated an explosives-laden vehicle outside the Baghdad bureau of Al Arabiya television channel, killing at least four people, injuring another 10 and destroying their offices.

"There was a huge explosion that shook the building - all the rooms were damaged," Tareq Maher, a journalist for Al Arabiya, told the channel in a live broadcast after the explosion on Monday.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 22798.html

A suspected suicide bomber in Pakistan killed at least eight people and wounded 20 after detonating a blast near the house of a provincial minister who has repeatedly spoken out against the Taliban, police said.

The explosion in Pabbi town, 26km east of the provincial capital, Peshawar, happened two days after suspected militants shot dead the son of the minister, Mian Iftikhar Hussain.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/39596 ... l-minister

-- Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 am --

Twin car bombs killed 21 people in the Shia holy city of Karbala in southern Iraq yesterday ...... The suicide blasts in Karbala, where religious commemoration ceremonies are due to begin tomorrow, occurred at around 7pm and left at least 47 wounded, a provincial health official said.

Eyewitnesses said one of the vehicles exploded at a security checkpoint on the southern outskirts of the city, which is the site of revered shrines to Imam Hussein and Imam Abbas, while the second detonated a short time later just metres away.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/a ... rent_id=17

-- Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 pm --

SHIRQAT - A suicide car bomber targeting an Iraqi army base killed three soldiers and wounded eight in Shirqat, 300 km (190 miles) north of Baghdad, army and police sources said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/MUH919765.htm

-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 pm --

A suicide bomber blew himself up in Kunduz province north of Afghanistan killed three and injured 18 others on Saturday night, Interior Ministry said in a press release on Sunday.

"A terrorist strapped explosive device on his body blew himself up in 1st precinct of Kunduz city the capital of Kunduz province late Saturday night killing three persons including one police officer and two civilians and wounding 18 others, all civilians," the press release added.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/9077 ... 88457.html

ISLAMABAD, Aug 1 (KUNA) -- At least five children were killed on Monday in a failed assassination bid on a district chief in Southern Afghanistan, said a report.

A suicide car bomber blew himself up near a police truck, carrying a district official, in a market in Dand district of Kandahar province, citing Afghan interior ministry statement the state-run Pajhwok Afghan News (PAN) reported.

Five children who were near the site of the blast were killed, said the statement. The PNA said that the target Ahmadullah Nazak, the chief of Dand district, adding that he remained unhurt but his bodyguard was wounded. (end) amn.bz.
KUNA 021054 Aug 10NNNN

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPubl ... anguage=en

-- Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:47 pm --

The one-hour assault occurred minutes after a pair of rockets were fired toward the sprawling base south of Kandahar city, which is the largest NATO installation in southern Afghanistan.

It involved one individual wearing a suicide vest, who blew himself up near the perimeter of the airfield creating a small hole in the chain link fence.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... le1660018/

-- Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm --

A suicide bomber has killed at least five people, including a police commander, in an attack on paramilitary police in northwest Pakistan.

The bomb went off on Wednesday in a busy market in the city of Peshawar.

Sifwat Ghayur, the head of the Frontier Constabulary, was the target of the attack. His driver and three bodyguards were also killed in the blast.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 44711.html

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:02 pm --

At least seven police officers have been killed in northern Afghanistan after a suicide car bomber struck a joint Afghan-Nato convoy, Afghan officials said.

Six other officers were injured along with five Afghan civilians in the attack, which occurred while the convoy was on patrol in the Imam Sahib district of Kunduz province on Thursday.

"The bomber was in a car and struck the convoy. Six police and one pro-government guard were killed," Abdul Rahman, a senior provincial police officer, told the Reuters news agency.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 50434.html

-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:30 pm --

A Japanese oil tanker damaged in the Strait of Hormuz off Oman last month was hit by an explosives-laden dinghy, the Emirati state news agency has said.

The report on Friday was the first official confirmation that the incident that left a large dint in the hull of the M.Star was an attack.

An al-Qaeda-linked group said on Wednesday that one of its suicide bombers had hit the tanker to avenge the plunder of Muslim wealth.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 83853.html

-- Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:42 am --

MOSUL - A suicide bomber attacked a group of police officers, killing one policeman and wounding four policemen and two other people, in the north of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/MUH727973.htm

-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm --

West of Baghdad, eight people died Sunday in what police suspect was a suicide bombing near a government office in Ramadi

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 5222.story

A suicide attacker struck a police convoy in the western Afghan city of Herat Sunday killing four police, while a second bomb blast hit a police convoy in southern Kandahar, officials said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100808/wl ... nrestblast

-- Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm --

Two suicide bombers have attacked a residential area of central Kabul, killing at least three people, police and security sources said.

One police source said at least one of the bombers had blown himself up on Tuesday. Another said a guesthouse used by foreigners had been the target.

"It happened in a part of Kabul that is named the "ring of steel," Al Jazeera’s Clayton Swisher reported from the Afghan capital, referring to the heavily secured inner ring of the city.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 93726.html

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm --

MUQDADIYA - A suicide car bomber rammed his car into a bus carrying Iranian pilgrims, killing one Iraqi man and wounding 10 Iranians, in the town of Muqdadiya, 80 km (50 miles) northeast of Baghdad, a source in the security operation centre of Diyala province said. Another police source in the town said the incident involved a parked car bomb.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE67F06Q.htm

-- Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 pm --

*END OF THREE MONTH TALLY*

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Earlier in the day a suicide bomber killed one policeman and injured three others in North Ossetia, authorities said.

The attacker blew himself up after approaching a checkpoint on a road near the border with Ingushetia province, a North Ossetian police official said.

"He detonated an unidentified explosive device," Samir Sabatkoyev, a spokesman for the regional interior ministry, told the AFP news agency.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europ ... 62906.html

At least 48 people have been killed in a suicide bomb attack at an army recruitment centre in the Iraqi capital.

Iraqi officials said at least 129 other people were wounded in the blast on Tuesday, when a suicide attacker detonated a bomb as men queued outside the centre in central Baghdad.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 60499.html

-- Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:04 pm --

A suicide bomber rammed a car into a police vehicle Wednesday in southern Afghanistan, killing a district police chief, two other policemen and a civilian in the latest attack targeting those with links to the government or international forces.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/aug/ ... -20100819/

-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 am --

The deadliest bombing of the day struck a mosque inside a religious school in the province of South Waziristan, also in the FATA.

At least 26 people were killed and 40 others wounded. Maulana Noor Mohammad, a former member of parliament, was among the dead.

"Apparently it was a suicide attack and Maulana Noor Mohammad was the target," an intelligence official told Reuters.

Noor Mohammad ran the school, which is located in the main town of Wana, and was greeting worshippers after prayers at the mosque when the bomber struck.

The mosque was badly damaged in the blast, and local residents were busy trying to recover people from the rubble amid fears that the death toll could rise further.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 74887.html

-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:00 pm --

"It happened when two suicide bombers detonated themselves," Abdirahman Yariisow, Somalia's information minister, who was at the hotel, told Al Jazeera.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 78785.html

-- Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:40 pm --

In Baghdad's deadliest attack, a suicide car bomber targeted the Qahira police station, located in the north of Iraq's capital, killing 15 people and wounding around 58 on Wednesday, Iraqi police sources told Al Jazeera.

In Kut, a city in Wasit province in the country's south, a suicide bomber killed at least 10 and wounded dozens others in an attack on a police station, police sources told Al Jazeera.

A car bomber also hit a police check point in al-Muqdadiya, in Diyala province, killing three and wounding 18.

West of the Shia holy city of Karbala, a suicide car bomber targeted a police station in Al-Nasser district, killing one person and injuring at least 30, including policemen.

On Tuesday, a suicide car bomber targeted a police checkpoint in eastern Baquba, the capital of Diyala province.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 70619.html

FALLUJA - A suicide car bomber attacked an Iraqi army patrol, killing one soldiers and wounding 10 people, including one soldier, in Falluja, 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/RAS524162.htm

Suicide attack foiled in Mauritania

Security forces in Mauritania have killed a man attempting to ram a vehicle loaded with explosives into a military barrack, officials say.

The incident on Wednesday, shortly after midnight, occurred at the Nema military barrack, about 1,200km east of Nouakchott, the capital.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 53347.html

-- Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 pm --

Afghan and coalition soldiers killed more than 30 insurgents, including 13 would-be suicide bombers, as they fought off assaults on two military bases and government buildings in eastern Afghanistan, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said on Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/08/ ... tml?hpt=T2

-- Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:55 am --

The blasts on Wednesday, suspected to be suicide bombings, hit three separate location as 35,000 Shias marched in a traditional mourning ceremony for the assassination of Ali, the Prophet Muhammad's cousin, some 1,300 years ago during the month of Ramadan.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 82259.html

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 pm --

At least 56 people have been killed and 200 injured in a suicide attack targeting a Shia Muslim rally in Pakistan's southwest city of Quetta.

Police officers said the bomber was among the 450-strong crowd and had detonated the device on reaching the main square in the city on Friday.

The explosion triggering chaotic scenes, with some people set on fire as others fled or lay on the ground to avoid ongoing gunfire.

The bomb appeared to target the rally being held for al-Quds day, an international event held every year by the Shia community in opposition to Israel's control of Jerusalem and to show solidarity with Palestinian Muslims.

The Pakistani Taliban have claimed responsibility for a attack.

Earlier, at least one man was killed and four wounded on Friday when a suicide bomber blew himself up after being apprehended by police outside a mosque of the Ahmadi sect in the city of Mardan in northwest Pakistan, police said.

"A suicide bomber was trying to enter the Ahmadis' worship place, but he was intercepted by police," Waqif Khan, the Mardan police chief, said, adding that the bomber had been shot before blowing himself up on the ground.

"A passerby was killed and four others were wounded in the firing and suicide attack," Khan said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 74105.html

-- Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:44 pm --

At least 25 officers injured after explosives-laden car is rammed into security building in city of Khujand.

At least 25 police officers have been injured in an explosion set off by a suicide bomber in the city of Khujand, in northern Tajikistan.

"A passenger car packed with explosives rammed into the right wing of the organised-crime division building," an interior ministry spokesman told the AFP news agency.

Takhir Normatov, the interior ministry chief of staff, said the bomber, who was killed in the blast, drove his car into the office compound's gates when another vehicle was leaving.

Friday's blast came a day after Emomali Rakhmon, the Tajikistan president, sacked his long-time security official following a prison break last month in which 25 al-Qaeda-linked fighters escaped and killed six guards.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 98535.html

-- Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:32 pm --

At least six people have been killed and 17 others injured in a suicide attack in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz.

Sources told Al Jazeera that the explosion on Saturday took place at a butcher shop supplying the local police in the Bander Imam area of Kunduz city.

Three of those killed were policemen.

Officials said the suicide bomber sat atop of a motorcycle when he detonated explosives. Windows in nearby shops and cars were shattered by the blast.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 12483.html

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:51 pm --

Two Iraqi soldiers have been killed and eight other people injured in a suicide car bombing targeting the former defence ministry building in Baghdad.

Sunday's attack occurred in the Bab al-Muadham neighbourhood of the Iraqi capital, and came just four days after the US declared an end to its "combat mission" there.

Major-General Qassim al-Moussawi, the Iraqi military spokesman, told the Associated Press news agency that security forces opened fire on the car, as it careened toward the building, now the headquarters of the eastern Baghdad military command.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middl ... 45799.html

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:07 pm --

*UPDATE*

* BAGHDAD - Six suicide bombers, some armed with weapons, tried to storm an army base in central Baghdad, killing 12 people, including soldiers, and wounding 36, security sources said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE68401H.htm

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ld+News%29

*UPDATE*

-- Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:12 am --

A suicide car bomber has killed three soldiers and wounded 32 others in an attack on a military base in the Russian republic of Dagestan, government officials say.

The attack took place about 1am local time on Sunday (21:00 GMT Saturday) at the base in the city of Buinaksk, Vyacheslav Gasanov, a spokesman for Dagestan's interior ministry, said.

The driver of a small Zhiguli car, packed with explosives, smashed through a gate of the base and headed for an area where soldiers are quartered in tents, Gasanov said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europ ... 32480.html

-- Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:40 pm --

Up to 19 people have been killed and more than 50 others wounded in a suicide blast near a police station in northwestern Pakistan, according to government officials.

Monday's attack in Lakki Marwat, a town in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa not far from tribal areas that are a stronghold of the Taliban, is the third such incident in Pakistan within a week.

Nine police officers are believed to be among the dead, Mian Iftekhar Hussein, the province's information minister, told Al Jazeera.

"A suicide attacker drove his bomb-laden vehicle into the back of the police post," Gul Wali Khan, a local police officer, told the AFP news agency by telephone.

An official said the death toll could rise as the police station collapsed after the blast and workers were trying to rescue people trapped in the debris.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 73191.html

-- Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:59 am --

At least 18 people have been killed and more than 56 injured in a car bomb attack targeting a police headquarters in Pakistan's northwestern city of Kohat in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province.

Police official Dilawar Khan Bangash said the bomber drove a car laden with about 300 kg of explosives into the gates of the complex as people were breaking their dawn-to-dusk fast for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and the blast brought down several houses and damaged nearby buildings.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/ ... 16215.html

-- Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:41 pm --

A suicide bomber blew himself up Wednesday morning in Afghan northern Baghlan province, killing two policemen and leaving two others wounded, provincial police spokesman said.

"A suicide bomber strapped explosives in his body and blew himself up in Band Shahabuddin areas outside provincial capital Pul-e-Khumri, killing two local policemen and injuring two others, " Ahmad Jawid Basharat told Xinhua.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/9077 ... 34210.html

-- Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:28 am --

* BAGHDAD - A suicide car bomber targeting an Iraqi army convoy killed three people, including one soldier, and wounded ten others, including four soldiers, in Mashahidah on the northern outskirts of Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/RAS824295.htm

-- Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 pm --

At least 16 people have been killed and 114 others wounded in an apparent car suicide bombing in a market in Vladikavkaz, a major city in Russia's North Caucasus region.

Russia said it was launching an investigation into what it described as an "act of terror" on Thursday, while Dmitry Medvedev, the president, vowed to capture the "bastards" who organised the attack.

"We will do everything to capture these monsters ... these bastards, who carried out a terrorist act on ordinary people," he was quoted by the RIA Novosti news agency as saying.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europ ... 07187.html

-- Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:15 pm --

At least eight people have been killed in bomb blasts at the main airport in Mogadishu, the Somali capital, witnesses have said.

The victims in Thursday's blasts included African Union (AU) peacekeeping troops.

Witnesses said a suicide bomber rammed a car into an AU peacekeepers post outside the airport and that they heard a second explosion inside the compound shortly afterwards.

A spokesman with the African Union confirmed the car bomb attack.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 62654.html

-- Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:29 am --

*UPDATE*

05:55 AM Sep 11, 2010

A suicide car bomber went off on Thursday at the gate to Mogadishu's airport and suicide bombers in a second vehicle rushed towards the terminal before it exploded short of their goal, officials said. Up to 14 people were killed, including five attackers.

Sheik Ali Mohamud Rage, a spokesman for Al Shabab rebel group, claimed responsibility for the attack and said it was aimed at a high-level meeting of United Nations, African Union and Somali officials taking place at the airport.

Two soldiers with the AU force and four Somali police officers were killed, said AU spokesman Major Barigye Bahoku. The Somali government statement said three civilians also were killed. AP

http://www.todayonline.com/World/Worldi ... li-airport

*UPDATE*

-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 pm --

At least 2 police and 2 civilians were killed in a suicide attack in the south-western Helmand province on Sunday evening

The suicide attacker targeted police forces in the province's Sangin district, in which 2 police soldiers and 2 civilians were killed and 1 police and 1 civilian were wounded, Mahmoud Noorzai, the Police Chief of Helmand told TOLOnews.

The suicide attacker, riding a motorcycle, targeted a police patrol, he added.

No groups, including the Taliban have claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

http://www.tolonews.com/en/afghanistan/ ... in-helmand

-- Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:53 am --

* TALAFAR - Police shot and killed a suicide bomber before he could detonate an explosives vest he was wearing in Talafar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE68E22H.htm

-- Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:32 am --

SAMARRA - A suicide bomber killed two government-backed Sunni militia members and wounded four others in the centre of Samarra, 100 km (62 miles) north of Baghdad, police and medical sources said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE68F17M.htm

-- Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 pm --

FALLUJA - Six people were killed, including three Iraqi army soldiers, and 11 wounded when a suicide car bomb went off near an Iraqi army patrol in Falluja, 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad, police and medical sources said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE68I0CP.htm

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm --

A suicide bomber has blown himself up at the gates of the presidential palace in the Somali capital Mogadishu in the latest attack by al Qaeda-linked rebels, police say.

The bomber, armed with an automatic rifle, tried to jump onto an armoured vehicle in a convoy of African Union (AU)peacekeepers driving into the palace grounds on Monday, said Osman Aden, a police spokesman.

When the AU troops fired at the bomber to stop him jumping onto the vehicle, he threw a grenade at them and then detonated his explosive device, Osman said.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/afric ... 48390.html

-- Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:31 pm --

MOSUL - A suicide bomber killed a policeman and wounded two people, including a policeman, when he blew himself up near a mosque in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, a source at the provincial police operations room said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/ANS436643.htm

UPDATE: This bombing may have been the work of martyrdom seekers:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 793127.ece

There was in at least one bomber in the coordinated three blast attack:

n this September 19, 2010 file photo, an Iraqi soldier secures the scene of a suicide car bomb targeting a crowded commercial area near an AsiaCell store, seen in the background, one of Iraq's biggest mobile phone providers in Baghdad. AP.

-- Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 am --

(Reuters) - A suicide bomber blew himself up in Russia's North Caucasus province of Dagestan, wounding at least 26 people, Russian news agencies reported on Saturday.

The attacker set off explosives after approaching police guarding a cordoned-off site where securty forces had battled with suspected militants hours earlier, Interfax reported, citing a local law enforcement official.

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-51732620100925

-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:24 am --

MAZAR-I-SHARIF (PAN): A suicide bomber, targeting a convoy of foreign troops, killed an Afghan child and wounded 29 civilians in the northern province of Balkh on Friday, an official said.

The bomber apparently struck a Swedish military convoy in the Takhta Pul neighbourhood on the road linking Mazar-i-Sharif with the Balkh district, the deputy police chief of the province said.

http://www.pajhwok.com/en/2010/09/24/on ... ide-attack

-- Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:06 pm --

GHAZNI (Afghanistan) - A SUICIDE bomber on a motorised rickshaw killed the deputy governor of Afghanistan's Ghazni province and five others on Tuesday, the area's police chief said, the latest assassination of a government official.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 84070.html

-- Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:25 am --

* QALAAT DIZA - A suicide bomber who was stopped by Kurdish peshmerga soldiers for an identification check detonated his explosives, wounding an officer and a soldier, in the town of Qalaat Diza, northeast of Suleimaniya, 260 km (160 miles) northeast of Baghdad, Abdulla Ibrahim, acting municipal manager of Qalaat Diza said.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/ANS921876.htm

-- Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:02 pm --

A suicide car bombing targeted a NATO military convoy in the Taliban's heartland of southern Afghanistan on Thursday, killing three civilians, police said.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) could not immediately confirm the incident, which police said took place on a highway linking the southern city of Kandahar to the Pakistani border.

The road also links Kandahar to the biggest US-run base in Afghanistan at Kandahar Air Field.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/suic ... fghanistan
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums