Will Redkite Come Back?

Topic locked
Re: Will Redkite come back? May 06, 2010
Listen, Arnie! I am sorry that you are ill, but this is the FIRST I have heard of it. If I wrote a limerick last year , you must have misinterpreted it , because I certainly do not gloat at illness, serious or otherwise.
I MAY.....don't know......have added a limerick to a previous posting without looking at the thread, so I have NO recollection of another person being sarcastic about serious illness.The limerick must have been misconstrued by some readers.
Personally, I have known since the age of 14......way back in 1961..... that smoking was highly dangerous, so after few puffs and coughs at 11 years of age , I never took it up. I could not understand the sense of those in school that did , just to PRETEND to be grown up .
In the UK, there have been DIRE warnings on cigarette packets for decades, so I don't understand why they are ignored.DOCTORS insisted on those words on cigarette packets. Would they put them there for fun?

The number of dangerous chemicals in a cigarette is frightening. I studied chemistry, physics and maths for A- Level back in the Sixties, but it did not even require a knowledge of chemistry to know that ingestion of those chemicals was dangerous. They are DELIBERATELY ADDICTIVE CHEMICALS in order to sell more cigarettes and make money. Tobacco giants ,Philip Morris in the USA have been taken on for it, but it was obvious decades before that.
BIG MONEY , including the bribing of politicians and huge vested interests protected the tobacco industry for decades.

If you are undergoing treatment, I wish you well with it

-- Thu May 06, 2010 9:52 am --

Arnie,
You say that if you knew smoking was dangerous, you would not have smoked. Well ! You have told all the others on this forum of your illness.............yet they prefer to mock me and carry on smoking, whilst they know of your circumstances! In effect they are IGNORING YOU and your comments !

These people put far more emphasis on the "unacceptability of CAPITAL LETTERS" than smoking ! The mind boggles ! What a strange sense of priorities they have in life !

Fancy them being EVEN PERTURBED by mere capital letters in the first place!
One of my favourite web-sites is iceagenow.com which rubbishes anthropogenic global warming with climate FACTS....not fiction .
Many of the important postings on there are in capitals. It does not bother me one bit to read those capitals. So why do so many on this forum have such childish hang-ups?

CAPITALS ARE EVIL.......BUT SMOKING IS OK !! ...... Almost laughable!

The French always knew how to take to the streets , grab attention and protest publicly.....far better than the self-conscious , clueless British !!
Anyone who can read , can see that the French banners HAVE ALWAYS MIXED CAPITAL LETTERS with lower case lettering on their eye-catching protest banners.
Have other marchers through the streets of Paris , over the centuries , ever complained that there were EVIL CAPITAL LETTERS on their colleagues' banners??

Of course NOT !!

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Will Redkite Come Back? May 06, 2010
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Will Redkite Come Back? May 06, 2010
As for the title subject of this thread Will Redkite Come Back? I ask does anyone care ?

I for one don't give two hoots and DF could certainily do without less spam and CAPS !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Will Redkite come back? May 06, 2010
RedKite wrote:Listen, Arnie! I am sorry that you are ill, but this is the FIRST I have heard of it. If I wrote a limerick last year , you must have misinterpreted it , because I certainly do not gloat at illness, serious or otherwise.
I MAY.....don't know......have added a limerick to a previous posting without looking at the thread, so I have NO recollection of another person being sarcastic about serious illness.The limerick must have been misconstrued by some readers.
Personally, I have known since the age of 14......way back in 1961..... that smoking was highly dangerous, so after few puffs and coughs at 11 years of age , I never took it up. I could not understand the sense of those in school that did , just to PRETEND to be grown up .
In the UK, there have been DIRE warnings on cigarette packets for decades, so I don't understand why they are ignored.DOCTORS insisted on those words on cigarette packets. Would they put them there for fun?

The number of dangerous chemicals in a cigarette is frightening. I studied chemistry, physics and maths for A- Level back in the Sixties, but it did not even require a knowledge of chemistry to know that ingestion of those chemicals was dangerous. They are DELIBERATELY ADDICTIVE CHEMICALS in order to sell more cigarettes and make money. Tobacco giants ,Philip Morris in the USA have been taken on for it, but it was obvious decades before that.
BIG MONEY , including the bribing of politicians and huge vested interests protected the tobacco industry for decades.

If you are undergoing treatment, I wish you well with it

-- Thu May 06, 2010 9:52 am --

Arnie,
You say that if you knew smoking was dangerous, you would not have smoked. Well ! You have told all the others on this forum of your illness.............yet they prefer to mock me and carry on smoking, whilst they know of your circumstances! In effect they are IGNORING YOU and your comments !

These people put far more emphasis on the "unacceptability of CAPITAL LETTERS" than smoking ! The mind boggles ! What a strange sense of priorities they have in life !

Fancy them being EVEN PERTURBED by mere capital letters in the first place!
One of my favourite web-sites is iceagenow.com which rubbishes anthropogenic global warming with climate FACTS....not fiction .
Many of the important postings on there are in capitals. It does not bother me one bit to read those capitals. So why do so many on this forum have such childish hang-ups?

CAPITALS ARE EVIL.......BUT SMOKING IS OK !! ...... Almost laughable!

The French always knew how to take to the streets , grab attention and protest publicly.....far better than the self-conscious , clueless British !!
Anyone who can read , can see that the French banners HAVE ALWAYS MIXED CAPITAL LETTERS with lower case lettering on their eye-catching protest banners.
Have other marchers through the streets of Paris , over the centuries , ever complained that there were EVIL CAPITAL LETTERS on their colleagues' banners??

Of course NOT !!

GO tO pArIs tHen!
dOn'T pReAch hEre!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat