Emirates Hills Flooded!

Topic locked
Emirates Hills Flooded! Feb 24, 2006
This is too much! The construction here is really bad. Mate of mine in Emirtaes hills was livid yesterday cuz his villa was flooded during the rains. I live in a villa as well, but heck I didnt have any issues.

Here's what the local newspaper said:

Home owners in luxury developments were left furious yesterday as water poured in through windows, doors and, in some cases, ceilings and A/C ducts.

Houses in Emirates Hills and Arabian Ranches were hit particularly badly, with dozens of residents contacting 7DAYS to voice their frustration. Several were left without power after water got into the fuse box.

Just crazy :shock:

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 24, 2006
Yeh I read that in the papers...what a shame! the quality of their work - sucky!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

what are the houses made of? Feb 24, 2006
I just wonder what are the houses made of?. In poor countries such in South America, people use cheap materials but when it rains lots this does not happen, maybe a small leak here and there but that's all. The houses are built of concrete or brick, which I thought was the same in Dubai. I dont understand how they are built, I will really like to know. Too bad I so wanted to buy a villa when they start selling in Abu Dhabi but now I dont know.
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2006
Yeah, my friend is living in Emirates Hills as well, his house is totally wasted flooded: TV wasted, DVD's wasted, stereo wasted etc... :shock: :roll:

Btw, as you can see in the pics, most floodings were near roundabouds... its amazing, never saw anything like this before... :shock:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 25, 2006
Shoot, I didn't know it got that bad with the villas, thinking it was entirely confined to the roads. Sorry to hear about some of the villas that were badly affected. Didn't have the same problems with my villa at the Springs.

But I definitely drove through that in the morning. Had to think twice before braving it, even with a 4x4. In some places it was easily more than 2 feet deep, especially at the roundabouts.

With little time to think even, had to resort to some creative driving... afterall, what good is having a 4x4 if one can't drive on the pedestrian pavements? Certainly a desperate measure considering that at some points, cars were at risk of being carried afloat by the "tide".
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2006
as for creative driving just put your snorkels so taht even ur in a 4x4 driving mode you have to secure the engine...

In times of this happenings i don't want to go outside and do some 4x4 stuff out there....maybe i can give others a real headache when i pass by creating a big wave out of the flood
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 25, 2006
Woohoo!

The sun is shining today and it doesnt seems like the rain is coming back!! :D
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 26, 2006
That means houses in Al Barsha and Jumeirah are better built?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2006
Nucleus wrote:That means houses in Al Barsha and Jumeirah are better built?

Most probably, most of such houses are built individually or as part of compounds and were done properly, but these were done 'quick & cheap'.
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Emirates Hills Flooded! Mar 05, 2006
jag wrote:This is too much! The construction here is really bad. Mate of mine in Emirtaes hills was livid yesterday cuz his villa was flooded during the rains. I live in a villa as well, but heck I didnt have any issues.

Here's what the local newspaper said:

Home owners in luxury developments were left furious yesterday as water poured in through windows, doors and, in some cases, ceilings and A/C ducts.

Houses in Emirates Hills and Arabian Ranches were hit particularly badly, with dozens of residents contacting 7DAYS to voice their frustration. Several were left without power after water got into the fuse box.

Just crazy :shock:

Lovely scene . Liban must be proud of his oasis..... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:

Most probably, most of such houses are built individually or as part of compounds and were done properly, but these were done 'quick & cheap'.

well I dont understand, the pic doesnt depict anything wrong with the houses ,it's the drainage problem which is rampant in Gulf :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

well I dont understand, the pic doesnt depict anything wrong with the houses ,it's the drainage problem which is rampant in Gulf :roll:

Read OP.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 07, 2006
I have no doubt who is responsable for this, it is clear to me and bears all the hallmarks of a suicide plumber. :lol:
Alyapal
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 08, 2006
Nucleus wrote:
sniper420 wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:

Read OP.

wat's OP? :?:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2006
I have no doubt who is responsable for this, it is clear to me and bears all the hallmarks of a suicide plumber.
:lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 08, 2006
GAB wrote:
I have no doubt who is responsable for this, it is clear to me and bears all the hallmarks of a suicide plumber.
:lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 08, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can only imagine how long Alyapal has been waiting to post that comment!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 16, 2006
Feb 2006....did I ever have amnesia???? why cant I remember a kind of rain that can cause flooding this year???? :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 16, 2006
Booz
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list