Things To Do In Dubai And The UAE

Topic locked
Things to do in Dubai and the UAE Mar 24, 2010
I found this website:
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/things-to-do-in-dubai.php

How many of you here belong to a sport club or just club in general and what do you do?
Thanks!

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Things to do in Dubai and the UAE Mar 24, 2010
In the words of Graucho Marx:

"I would never be a member of a club that would have me as a member!"

I am thinking of setting up a Club Club. Everyone meets and shows each other their club and then we can sit around eating Club biscuits (I always liked the orange flavour ones!) and talk about clubby things. Then we can go out and club stuff.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Things to do in Dubai and the UAE Mar 24, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:In the words of Graucho Marx:

"I would never be a member of a club that would have me as a member!"

I am thinking of setting up a Club Club. Everyone meets and shows each other their club and then we can sit around eating Club biscuits (I always liked the orange flavour ones!) and talk about clubby things. Then we can go out and club stuff.

Knight

HA HA. When you do make sure you dont just have the orange flavor club biscuit, chuck in the chocolate orange ones pleaseeee !
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Things to do in Dubai and the UAE Mar 25, 2010
Club biscuits were all chocolate covered!

They had a mint one, orange, raisin and biscuit and a plain one,but that was not so nice.

I think they are still made. I will have to check.

Knight
Dubai Knight

only play football every friday morning at 8.30am and am a part of a hunting group but not in UAE :D

theres lots to do. all you need to do is find a good partner or a team or a group of ppl who do the same thing as you do.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:only play football every friday morning at 8.30am and am a part of a hunting group but not in UAE :D

theres lots to do. all you need to do is find a good partner or a team or a group of ppl who do the same thing as you do.

I didn't know there was a club for the things you do! Is it based at the federal prison?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Hahaha there's a very old joke in here somewhere.

'If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit, join our club!'.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

@knight

there are plenty of football clubs in UAE and there are plenty of shooting clubs too.

As for the hunting club dont know about UAE, but there are plenty around the world including UK ;) so yeh you are right UK is a federal prison :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Things to do in Dubai and the UAE Mar 26, 2010
I'm crew, marshall, Tech director, moderator and just ordinary member like here at a couple of local offroad clubs/forums and an offroad academy. We do weekly events/meetups and drive. Last week we wrapped up the Sharjah desert cleanup and awareness program in conjuction with Shj govt, police, TV and ministry of enviroment and protected areas. ( heres the video, sorry pirate cam quality, havent recieved the copies from Shj TV yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUnTXgM ... r_embedded Thats me at 1.03 in the ed land rover :D )Currently lot of them tied up with marshaling the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. I would have gone too, but I don't do freebies.

A lot of other random videos from the Academy, mostly just fooling aound.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I'm crew, marshall, Tech director, moderator and just ordinary member like here at a couple of local offroad clubs/forums and an offroad academy. We do weekly events/meetups and drive. Last week we wrapped up the Sharjah desert cleanup and awareness program in conjuction with Shj govt, police, TV and ministry of enviroment and protected areas. ( heres the video, sorry pirate cam quality, havent recieved the copies from Shj TV yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUnTXgM ... r_embedded Thats me at 1.03 in the ed land rover :D )Currently lot of them tied up with marshaling the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. I would have gone too, but I don't do freebies.

A lot of other random videos from the Academy, mostly just fooling aound.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f

Now that IS worthy! Big up yo you.

As a seasoned dune basher (there is a video of me somewhere on YouTube getting air time in my Jeep!) with a dedicated bunch of mates, we are all very conscious of the ecology and need to keep the desert free of human detritus. There is too much of it around.

Good on yer!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Awesome, DK. Maybe you should join us for a few drives. I know the season is almost out, but our nutters don't let a little bit of heat stop them :D
desertdudeshj

I wanna go. I wanna go.
DK, I dont have my cool big hat anymore though :(
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Things to do in Dubai and the UAE Mar 27, 2010
You are in, big hat or no big hat! No plastic Fords though!

We also brave the summer heat and are not afraid of a little wussy sunshine. There are a few of us planning a cross country jaunt to Salalah in July. Its a long haul, but very rewarding apparently. I might do it on a Kawasaki 750 Enduro as its been a while since I did a good bike expedition.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:You are in, big hat or no big hat! No plastic Fords though!

We also brave the summer heat and are not afraid of a little wussy sunshine. There are a few of us planning a cross country jaunt to Salalah in July. Its a long haul, but very rewarding apparently. I might do it on a Kawasaki 750 Enduro as its been a while since I did a good bike expedition.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

So you're saying that the Enfield doesn't pull a sanddune aye? :lol:
RobbyG

Best time to go to salalah would be august during the kharief festival, but everything is booked solid before hand. So book well in advance.

DK hook up on our website ( which is finally up after week of housekeeping ) www.desertlions.com and join up for a few trips. Although I didnt go but the guys had a good rundown in Shuwaib and Sweihan yesterday
desertdudeshj

RobbyG wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:You are in, big hat or no big hat! No plastic Fords though!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

So you're saying that the Enfield doesn't pull a sanddune aye? :lol:

There is a German dude in Ajman who has an old 350cc Bullet converted and stripped down as a Trail bike. He does the dunes on that and its really good in the sand apparently. Unfortunately mine is set up for cruising on the road and would not handle the conditions beyond Muscat. The roads down to the Yemeni border are 'inconsistent' according a mate who has done it before. He took a 900cc KTM and even that struggled in some places!

Years ago I had an ex-works 360cc, 3 cylinder Kawasaki trail bike and that was awesome off road. It was a really weird machine and built as a special by the works team for their professional racers. Great, but when it broke all the parts were custom made and I could only get them from the Kawasaki Race Team. Bloody expensive...so it had to go!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

desertdudeshj wrote:Best time to go to salalah would be august during the kharief festival, but everything is booked solid before hand. So book well in advance.

DK hook up on our website ( which is finally up after week of housekeeping ) http://www.desertlions.com and join up for a few trips. Although I didnt go but the guys had a good rundown in Shuwaib and Sweihan yesterday

We did Al Faqah to Sweihan the other week, then back via Bab Al Shams. Nice desert there; clean, great dunes and some slightly challenging bits. Unfortunately my weekends are now booked solid with events right through until mid June. If I do get out there, it will be a quick afternoon jolly to Fossil Rock and back with some guests from out of town.

Will check out the website though. Cheers!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Al Faqah, nice 8). Bab al shams area is also awesome. Have driven there the most. hate the Multicoulured rock dubai sandbox...ewww. Its the naif road of the desert on the weekends. And then Big Red, don't even get me started about that place !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Al Faqah, nice 8). Bab al shams area is also awesome. Have driven there the most. hate the Multicoulured rock dubai sandbox...ewww. Its the naif road of the desert on the weekends. And then Big Red, don't even get me started about that place !

We avoid it like the plague too! tend to cut around the back of the horse stables and military camp in Khawaneej and jump into the dunes from there. Then take a bee line to Fossil Rock avoiding all contact with the normal numpty areas. Have got to know a few of the camel farmers down there and they are very accommodating when you take newbies. Gives the tourists a nice chance to get that 'I met a camel in Dubai' photo!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Have they ever taken back sand in an empty masafi bottle :D and 9 times of of 10 leave in it in your car !
desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Al Faqah, nice 8). Bab al shams area is also awesome. Have driven there the most. hate the Multicoulured rock dubai sandbox...ewww. Its the naif road of the desert on the weekends. And then Big Red, don't even get me started about that place !

We avoid it like the plague too! tend to cut around the back of the horse stables and military camp in Khawaneej and jump into the dunes from there. Then take a bee line to Fossil Rock avoiding all contact with the normal numpty areas. Have got to know a few of the camel farmers down there and they are very accommodating when you take newbies. Gives the tourists a nice chance to get that 'I met a camel in Dubai' photo!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

Remember our friend used to be able to communicate with camels... that was priceless ......
Unfortunately the friend has dropped me on his friendship list ... maybe the camel told him so in his dream.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat