Am I Stuck With My Employer?

Topic locked
Am I stuck with my employer? Jan 29, 2010
Hi there, been here about 4 months and recently got my employment visa but things financially not going well with the company and I'm looking to leave. I understood that if I left the company even if I was given an NOC as it is my first visa and I am in my first year is it right I will be banned from the UAE for 12 months. What is the situation, and can someone clarify for me please. If I am banned from here am I able to get a Freezone VISA as I understood that the ban does not apply there. I'm in an awful position of taking a job which I thought would be great but employer having problems financially. What can I do? I appreciate any help you can give.

regards
Stuart

SMUNRO1970
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Am I stuck with my employer? May 01, 2010
SMUNRO1970 wrote:Hi there, been here about 4 months and recently got my employment visa but things financially not going well with the company and I'm looking to leave. I understood that if I left the company even if I was given an NOC as it is my first visa and I am in my first year is it right I will be banned from the UAE for 12 months. What is the situation, and can someone clarify for me please. If I am banned from here am I able to get a Freezone VISA as I understood that the ban does not apply there. I'm in an awful position of taking a job which I thought would be great but employer having problems financially. What can I do? I appreciate any help you can give.

regards
Stuart

If you've been issued work permit and residence visa, and leave within the first year, then you'll at least get a six month ban and probably a year.

Usually the no-ban rule for free zones applies if you transfer to another company within the same free zone, otherwise check with the free zone - they all have different rules.

There might be a ban lifting fee you can pay of several thousand dirhams.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-ban-uae.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai