NYU In UAE

Topic locked
NYU in UAE Dec 08, 2009
http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll ... 79834/1041

even major schools are kissing but*s :roll:

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: NYU in UAE Dec 08, 2009
The NYU is a reasonably ranked private university in the US, not one of the major players by any way...

An important question is whether they will offer need blind admission, as top US private schools do, or will the Abu Dhabi campus be simply a cashcow ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Kissing but*t? Is that ur perspective on quality education? I see ur still giving all the bashers out there a reason to smile. Go on mate re-enforce the stereotype.....

NYU AbuDhabi has been invited to set up a campus here, and until their permanent campus on Saddiyat Island is ready, they'll be in the city. Not to mention they'll be offering world class education for students around the globe. So what's kissing Bu*t bout that? Sigh...

I have a feeling you only read the first para before getting all caught up in fevour :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

BlackburnRovers wrote:The NYU is a reasonably ranked private university in the US, not one of the major players by any way...

An important question is whether they will offer need blind admission, as top US private schools do, or will the Abu Dhabi campus be simply a cashcow ?

Valid point..seldom have major universities who've ventured beyond their borders been able to re-create the brilliance and excellance of the parent university. Most often these universities operate as lower ranked subsidaries, thriving on the parents name. Their only purpose of diversifying being to make money, and to offset the differences caused back home due to grants and subsidies.

That said off all the foreign universities here, NYU in Abu-Dhabi looks very promising and will probably take the bation of premier university from the other American Universities operating here.
Hopefully they'll set a standard and create a platform for a mesh of culturalism and intellect, NYU is so renowned for.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

He-he 100 years you have to work for reputation and then reputation will work for you and you can earn some money overseas. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: NYU in UAE Dec 09, 2009
Just a cash cow IMHO.

Job interview:

"are you a uni graduate?"

"yes I am"

"what university"

"NYU"

"oh really"

"yes"

"How did you like New York"