Crime In International City

Topic locked
Crime in International City Nov 23, 2009
Chinese gang attack someone in international city. My friends live in the building and they say the blood was an absolutely horrific amount.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... s-1.531080

dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2009
This is really scaring, is this international city kind of slum or it is a normal part of city? I m curious cause I dont know about locations in dubai that much.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Crime in International City Nov 23, 2009
dee7o wrote:Chinese gang attack someone in international city. My friends live in the building and they say the blood was an absolutely horrific amount.

maybe just an attack with ninja stars. plenty of ninjas around these parts.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2009
melika969 wrote:This is really scaring, is this international city kind of slum or it is a normal part of city? I m curious cause I dont know about locations in dubai that much.

It is destined to become the "new karama".
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 23, 2009
The new K-town, even smells appropriate LOL Turning into a proper ghetto I see

On a seperate note I heard there is always massive police pressence there at night. late night check points ???
desertdudeshj

Nov 23, 2009
melika969 wrote:This is really scaring, is this international city kind of slum or it is a normal part of city? I m curious cause I dont know about locations in dubai that much.

He-He. It's the slum for people who cannot pay for flat more than $1000 monthly but want to live in Dubai. The rent is approximately the same as in Sharjah, another Bombay.

I ain't sure that there is a slum in American meaning in Dubai.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2009
What slum? The condition is quite exagerrated. Crimes happen in other areas as well. How about last Russian killing in Marina? That makes it a bad place? Yeah it's not like Marina or other posh places but it's by far better than Sharjah. The folks are more mixed than Karama. Plenty of open space. It's now developed, lots of shops/supermarkets (including Spinneys, Carrefour Express, Plug-ins, Auchan hypermarket). Though there are plenty of empty units, but that happens also anywhere in Dubai.

A friend of mine who actually can afford to rent apartment anywhere in Dubai rather choose to stay in Intl City with the reason that it is better to have double sized apartment with half rent rate than in the city. The rest of the money can be used for Merc installments.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 23, 2009
New Karama??? What's wrong with Karama?
Rickydubai
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 23, 2009
Yeh, Karama is far nicer than International City (sorry mods, buts thats what they call it, might be because of its proximity to the turd works, or because it comes up out of the ground and festers in the car parks).
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 23, 2009
Actually that incident is worse than what was described in the papers. My friends say that the building was literally COVERED with blood (they are tenants).
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2009
benwj wrote:Yeh, Karama is far nicer than International City (sorry mods, buts thats what they call it, might be because of its proximity to the turd works, or because it comes up out of the ground and festers in the car parks).

:lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 23, 2009
Rickydubai wrote:What's wrong with Karama?

Obviously you live there !
desertdudeshj

Nov 23, 2009
IC was poorly planned and constructed.

A while back, I visited the project with a friend who was exploring it for investment opportunities, but he got turned off -- and I don't blame him. The finishing was inferior, no services or amentias to speak of, no landscaping, no secured covered parking...etc.

The project is adjacent to the city's sewerage plant, and residents cannot open their windows, esp. at night, due to the horrible stench.

It is also adjacent to the Dragon Mart which sells cheap products and is run mostly by the Chinese, who apparently sell other services (girls and God know what) beside cheap merchandise. You might say it's a Chinese Flea Market PLUS!

It's close to Al Aweer industrial area.

It was bound to be a cheap place to live, and it has become so.

It could easily turn into a “ghetto” with time!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2009
The proximity to the sewerage plant is the major turn off. The second is the maintenance and facilities.

But what's wrong with Dragon Mart? Every residential area needs commercial areas as well, which follow the demographics of the residence. I don't think it will work if they put luxury mall there.

It's never a good residential area when it's close to industrial area. But so is Downtown Burj to Al Quoz and Marina to Jebel Ali power plant.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2009
Damn how exciting. Who knew IC was so much fun? LOL

Anyways here the update,
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/crime ... s-1.531563
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 24, 2009
Vietnamese gangsters in DXB. Whoa! Now that's a first. They are known for their notoriety and ruthlessness, ask the Aussies !

"The confrontation resulted in the murder of an Indian man, who was struck on the head with a sword, while another was severely injured, said a police source. It is not yet confirmed whether the second person survived his injures."

That's just sadistic.
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat