This One Takes The Cake.

Topic locked
This one takes the cake. Nov 23, 2009
So I went to NBAD to withdraw 10,000.00 AED which I needed for an emergency. I gave the teller my withdrawal slip and he told me that I would be charged 50dhs to withdraw my own money. I told this guy (local) how silly and stupid this was. He says this was because I have a checkbook!!!!!!! I said to forget about it and just close all my accounts. He then went to the manager and after 10 minutes I went to see the manager who asked what was the problem. I told him there was no problem just close my accounts becuase you guys are ridiculous and stupid. I said this in front of at least 6 people in his office since in this place people doing other transactions wait in the same office as you or even at the same desk. He hurridly gave the ok to withdraw the money at no charge but I continue telling him how stupid and unfair this was. All other customers in the office were glad I said what I said.

What a crock!

XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2009
Well they need an excuse to squeez as much money out as possible with such idiotic charges etc etc. Emirates Bank charges for a over the counter withdrawal aswell. You cant with draw more that 5k at a time and you get charged for taking your own money. Brilliant, sad part is many put up with this nonsese

I say you should have closed your account regardless
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 23, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
I say you should have closed your account regardless

I am. I just did not have large enough trunk to put the bill into it (as I am not taking their checks) :P
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2009
Received 3 calls in as many days from RSB. It appears that they are eager for me to take out a loan to pay off my credit cards (2). Told me that I was paying too much in interest and the interest on the loan would be lower. Told them I wasn't interested because I'm fully aware of the fact that once I pay off my credit cards I would find myself using them and building up more debt. So instead of having "just one loan" to pay off I would eventually find myself with a loan and two credit cards.

On the second and third day the same person called me, again with the "deal" they were offering. Again, explained why I didn't want the loan. He became persist. Told him to go chase people who actually were behind in their payments and collect that money rather than pushing money, i.e. future debt, on people. Still persist. Told him I would go to the police and report the bank for harrassing me with these calls. He told me he would put a "nice" note on my file that no calls should be made in the future. I told him: yes, please put a nice note saying that the nasty lady did not want any more promotional calls. Call only if there is a problem with cards. He continued to talk and I told me you are forcing me to be rude: CLICK.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 23, 2009
These banks are really pathetic. But you've got no choice. All the banks are the same. Salaries have to come as a bank transfer and we obviously can't keep all cash at home.
Rickydubai
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 23, 2009
When i recieve such calls while at my smoke breaks, i listen to them properly..pick up deep interest, ask intense questions as if i was seriously interested in their kick ass schemes..stretch the conversation as long as i can and then turn ma back to say " sorry, i am not interested" :x
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat