Seriously, Is It THAT Difficult?

Topic locked
Seriously, Is it THAT difficult? Oct 12, 2009
To use your bloody indicators when you're on the SZR?

I mean, they're ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED to be as close to your fingers as possible whilst your hands are on the wheel. And yet this 2 inch gap seems to defeat half the people on the roads.

Firstly, it is incredibly dangerous to not signal if you are changing lane. Just because you don't see the car in your blind spot, doesn't mean that you're going to magically pass right through them when you suddenly decide you've had enough of the lane you're in.

You are afterall, driving a 3 ton block of metal at relatively high speeds.

Secondly, it's plain bloody courtesy.

I'm going to start carrying an assault rifle in my car. Pray you don't cut into my lane without indicating.

No, in fact, DO, you can be my stress relief for the day.

Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2009
Or you could be like the van that was infront of me this morning and indicate right, then suddenly go left and nearly broadside me.

I figured out why people don't use them here. Because when you indicate the buggers behind you always speed up and close the gap!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 12, 2009
Using the indicators takes valuable power from the AC and the cars bluetooth. Much, much more important.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 12, 2009
Plus you know when they've got a phone in one hand, coffee in the other, paper inbetween, there's no time to use indicators.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Seriously, Is it THAT difficult? Oct 12, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Pray you don't cut into my lane without indicating.

It's the people who think indicating makes it ok to cut right in front of me causing me to leave massive skidmarks on the road and in my underpants that annoy me most.
gavtek
Dubai Forums Member

gavtek wrote:It's the people who think indicating makes it ok to cut right in front of me causing me to leave massive skidmarks on the road and in my underpants that annoy me most.

Back of the line, one problem at a time!
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

gavtek wrote:

It's the people who think indicating makes it ok to cut right in front of me causing me to leave massive skidmarks on the road and in my underpants that annoy me most.

Then on the flipside you should always leave space so that if someone needs to move then they can. It swings both ways.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 12, 2009
That's like putting a condom on your head. Sounds fine in theory, but putting it into practise is a lot more difficult.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2009
That's only because most road users here are inconsiderate and only think the road are for themselves.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
gavtek wrote:

Then on the flipside you should always leave space so that if someone needs to move then they can. It swings both ways.

I do that, but people seem to want to come into my lane when their rear wheel is in line with my front wheel no matter how much space I leave.
gavtek
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2009
Had an incident on SZR, not busy traffic, where a driver was changing lanes, last minute used his indicator, and yes his rear wheel was in front of my front wheel and got in front of me. Next I hear whoop, whoop, whoop, police caught up with him, when he changed lanes again, and pulled him over. How pleased was I?? :)

The other drivers I like are those who think the broken white line, the dividing line, is something they need to be on and follow and end up on both sides of the lanes to their left and right. Instead of "follow the yellow brick road", it's "follow the dashes".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I'm going to start carrying an assault rifle in my car. Pray you don't cut into my lane without indicating.

No, in fact, DO, you can be my stress relief for the day.[/quote]

:lol: I know how you feel!

Using the mobile phone, doing 60 in the outside lane on SZR is top of the pile for me......oh and 2 adults wearing seat belts while the kids/s are sat on their knee....untethered.

On another point....was in RAK the other day on the bike; Stopped at a roadside coffee shack; Land cruiser pulls up and out jump 2 kids that must have been 12 years old. WHERE IS THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY? WHAT DO THEY DO????
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

smoggie wrote:I'm going to start carrying an assault rifle in my car. Pray you don't cut into my lane without indicating.

No, in fact, DO, you can be my stress relief for the day.

:lol: I know how you feel!

Using the mobile phone, doing 60 in the outside lane on SZR is top of the pile for me......oh and 2 adults wearing seat belts while the kids/s are sat on their knee....untethered.

On another point....was in RAK the other day on the bike; Stopped at a roadside coffee shack; Land cruiser pulls up and out jump 2 kids that must have been 12 years old. WHERE IS THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY? WHAT DO THEY DO????[/quote]

And if THEY cause an accident, you know it won't be their fault. Why? Because they didn't have a license to drive, right?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 12, 2009
Actually, forget "where are the police".....WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat