Dear Etisalat, You Are The Worst!

Topic locked

What do you think of Etisalat service?

Your just unlucky, Etisalat has been great with me! I <3 Eti!
7%
Heh, they're good with what they do, and that is to serve internet!
No votes
They're O-K..
20%
They're crap but not enough that I would hate them that much
13%
Yup! Dear Etisalat, You are simply the worst!
53%
I don't know? I just use the internet/I don't have internet at home.
No votes
I'm still waiting for them to install my internet which seems to be taking forever!
7%

Total votes : 15

Sep 21, 2009
DDS wrote:
VRV wrote:i have an 8mbps with 1mbps upload stream and its very rock solid. no complaints here.

i can go upto 24mbps, but that would cost around 800aed.

That's impossible, we used to pay DU 600aed for internet and we only have a 256kbps dsl line.

Are you sure you are in Dubai?

when i started with DU i applied for 12mb with 1mb upload, but after they informed us that they are doubling the speed free of charge, i requested a downgrade to 4mb (which became 8mb) with 512k upload (not 1mb). and they did. now it costs me around 450AED for a package that includes DU tv stations and land line in addition to the broadband.

when i had the 12mbps i did a speed test between 2-4pm and the average was 11.3mbps by 750kbps upstream. I will do the test again for the current when I go back home for u no probs.

PS: i watch youtube on HQ and HD all the time, and it's quite perfect.

VRV
Dubai Forum User

Re: not true Sep 21, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:
prettygal wrote:i dont agree its true..
because I had used the etisalat service and i found it very good...
once my internet connection wasn't working...the technician once didnt even charge me..he didnt took the service charge because he felt it was their fault..

In most developed countries, you wouldnt be surprised that he didnt charge you. Obviously since its their fault, they shouldnt charge you.

its their fault, and, you're still paying for that down time, its like paying for a metro that never comes :P

G to tha T wrote:another thing I hate about Eti is that a very few IP addresses is shared with a lot of people, which makes downloading off megaupload/rapidshare/etc. a pain, as you get download limit exceeded messages most of the time.

!! how could I forget that!! oh wait..I gave up on these sites long ago..they almost NEVER work with etisalat..unless you play around with proxies or use RapGet with a proxy list..

Now its bittorrent all the way!
VRV wrote:when i started with DU i applied for 12mb with 1mb upload, but after they informed us that they are doubling the speed free of charge, i requested a downgrade to 4mb (which became 8mb) with 512k upload (not 1mb). and they did. now it costs me around 450AED for a package that includes DU tv stations and land line in addition to the broadband.

That's awesome!
for 450AED you would get 2mb with etisalat if am not mistaken.

Just ran a speed test on 4:24pm

Results from htt*://ww*.speed*io
(Copied on 2009-09-21 16:24:09)
Download: 911 Kbit/s
Upload : 115 kbit/s
Connects : 122 conn/min
Ping: 0 ms
(cant paste the graphics form because of the post count lolz)

At least my internet speed is working as expected after they got me a land cable connection :)
Upload still sucks, I need at least 256 :roll:
and they told me that they can't change the upload speed for this kind of connection or something like that.. :?

but the downtime and disconnects are still a nightmare..
IamAnonymous
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 21, 2009
That is really good to what others are saying. Do the speed test and show us your results. There is a link to add it to a forum at the bottom left when you complete it. Not calling you a liar. Sometimes what ISP advertise and what you actually get are 2 different stories. Here's the link to the free speed test. It's very accurate.

http://www.speed.io/index_en.html[/quote]

Here are the speed tests as promissed and from two different sites :wink:

VRV
Dubai Forum User

Sep 22, 2009
Here's mine.

G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2009
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 23, 2009
There is the proof for sure. Good speed. I suggest alot of people need to change their ISP in Dubai. I am abit surprised the upload speed VRV has is not better with that great download speed shown. The connection could have been very busy when the speed test was done.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 26, 2009
canuckbid wrote:There is the proof for sure. Good speed. I suggest alot of people need to change their ISP in Dubai. I am abit surprised the upload speed VRV has is not better with that great download speed shown. The connection could have been very busy when the speed test was done.

true canuckbid. its a bit weird that at 8mbps the upload is still 500kb tops. truth is, the upload goes upto 1mbps if u get the 12mbps package. when i had it, the test showed around 850k.
VRV
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat