ESL/EFL Teacher: 15 Yrs Experience, TEFL Cert., Native Spkr

Topic locked
ESL/EFL Teacher: 15 Yrs Experience, TEFL Cert., Native Spkr Apr 08, 2009
ROBERT WINSTON POSEGATE
PMB 2154, P.O. Box 10005, Saipan, MP 96950 USA
(Presently in Northern Marianas, USA)

ESL/EFL instructor and language school director with 15 years of experience in teaching and tutoring English. B.A.-holder with post-baccalaureate certificate in Teaching ESL from a U.S. university. Native speaker of American English who enjoys languages, traveling, and interacting with people from diverse backgrounds. Extensive international, intercultural experience. Professional, responsible, versatile, patient, and reliable.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
FOUNDER, OWNER, TEACHER, TUTOR, American English School,
Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands (MP), USA, 2006 to present.
*Teach general English, phonics, grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, and conversation to adults and children individually or in groups of up to 11 students.
*Use realia and other supplementary materials to complement the lessons.
*Create and administer tests, including placement tests as well as in-class exams.
*Design flyers and write newspaper ads to advertise school.
*Introduce school to prospective students.
*Advise new students on appropriate courses of study.

ENGLISH (EFL) TEACHER, Sisa Language Center, Bundang, South Korea, 2005-2006.
*Taught adults and teens. Up to 12 students per class. High-beginning to advanced.

HEAD OF NATIVE ENGLISH TEACHERS, Sisa, Bundang, South Korea, 2005-2006.
*Created and administered written and oral placement tests for incoming students.
*Helped recruit native English teachers. Posted ads online. Conducted job interviews.
*Revised contract for native English teachers, in coordination with upper management.
*Scheduled and presided over regular meetings with other native English teachers.
*Acted as mediator as needed between native English teachers and management.

ESL TEACHER, Inlingua, Atlanta, GA, 2002-2005.
*Trained groups and individuals, from businesspeople to children, in all levels.
*Worked with advanced ESL speakers on accent reduction, in person and by phone.
*Instructed groups of workers from multilingual backgrounds, at their companies.

ESL TEACHER, ELS Language Centers, Marietta, Georgia (GA), USA, 2002-2005.
*Taught diverse groups of adults and young adults using ELS’s college-preparatory and other ESL materials. Students numbered up to about 14 per class.

ESL TEACHER, Interactive College of Technology, Morrow, GA, 2003-2004.
*Conducted four-hour, multi-level ESL classes of up to about 16 students, twice a day.
*Organized and coordinated with other teachers on field trips and other special activities.
*Participated in redesigning the school’s ESL curriculum, via meetings and surveys.

ESL TEACHER, Basic English, Doraville, GA, 2002-2004.
*Taught ESL to groups of about four to ten students per class, at various levels.

FOUNDER, OWNER, TEACHER, TUTOR, Beach Road School, Saipan, MP, 1999-2002.
*Taught ESL and Chinese to all levels and ages, up to 10 classes at a time.
*Tutored elementary and high school students in English-related courses.

TEACHER, TRANSLATOR, American Language School, Saipan, MP, 1998-1999.
*Taught ESL and Chinese to adults and children, in classes with three to 10 students.
*Translated written and oral Chinese to English.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WHILE A STUDENT
ENGLISH TUTOR, Tutoring Center, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, HI, 1995-1998.

ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR, Beijing, China, 1993.

EDUCATION
Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
*Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, Teaching English as a Second Language, 1998.
*Bachelor of Arts, major: Asian Studies, minor: Humanities, 1997.

Foreign Language College, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China
(via CET, Boston, Massachusetts, USA)
*Complete, four-term program in Intensive Mandarin Chinese, 1994.

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: Traveled to (or lived in) 31 different countries and territories.

OTHER LANGUAGES: Fluent Mandarin, intermediate French, literate Korean, and more.

References and recommendation letter available upon request.

Winston
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 09, 2009
Have you tried applying to the schools directly in the UAE or used Dave's ESL Cafe board for more info on working in TESL in the UAE? http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=30
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks Apr 10, 2009
Yes, I've used Dave's ESL Cafe, and just recently I applied to some jobs directly. I'm worried, though, that despite all my experience, my lack of a Master's degree would make it very difficult to get any job in the UAE, especially from abroad. Is this true?
Winston
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 10, 2009
Stay put in Saipan.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 11, 2009
You might be able to get a job, but I'm not sure what the salary would be like without a Masters.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Project reports and assignment service...! Sep 16, 2009
Hello all,

I am here to help all of you with making project reports and day to day college assignments at very competitive rates.

Any report/assignment request should be done by emailing me on sharib_gk86@yahoo.co.uk , the report will be delivered within 1-5 days based on the work and topic depth requested.

For further information you cal email me or call me on my mobile at 971507893572

Happy to help you all.
sharib_gk86@yahoo.co.uk
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted