Indians In Dubai VS Indians In India

Topic locked
Indians in Dubai VS Indians in India Feb 06, 2006
Thoughts on the matter? Are they the same after living in Dubai for over 3 years? Does the culture change people?

Thoughts?

X
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 08, 2006
I've not been in Dubai for long, but apart from whatever little experience/interaction I've had, I've heard a lot of people's opinions.

I have been to India for 6 months on business/leisure.

It would seem to me -and I repeat: I have very little to base my opinion on- that there isn't a culture rift. It's more like that the majority of Indian nationals in Dubai/UAE seem to come from a certain region in India (Kerala and South India generally), which has a different culture/demeanours than the rest of India.

The point I'm trying to put across is that when I went to India (Chennai, Mumbai, Agra), then came to Dubai, that I noticed a visible and clear difference between Indians in India and Indians in Dubai. But after learning of the fact I mentioned above (majority from Kerala), I've concluded that that differece is not because of something that happened in Dubai, but because that particular group is different from other groups of Indians to start with. That has been further confirmed when I met the rare Indians in Dubai that come from other cities. They sounded/looked/behaved the same way like their peers in India, in their respective home cities.

Maybe you were hoping/asking for Indians to comment, since they would know best.

I just thought I'd contribute, and I apologize if my opinion is short-sighted because of my dissociation from Indian experience and life. (Only wish some other people would feel the same when discussing matters about Arabs and Muslims ...etc)

Ciao
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 15, 2006
I dont think there is much of a difference. People do not change, the way they act , think, live remains the same. May be one get used to better lifestyle, but then one has a special bond with his home country.The only difference that i feel when i go back to india is driving:). Do i get S... confused when driving back home. orelse everything is the same.

This applies to me dunno about other people.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2006
people from south remain the same...but people from places like bombay etc change bigtime...the whole lifestyle and behaviour changes...out here indian chics adapt themselves to mcuh better lifestyle...basically itz got a very chilled out life compared to india..and everything out here is just too amazing...cars,clothes,food,everything...i dont know whether indians are liked here or what...though i wanted to know if indians are liked in any part of the world or not...hehehe
coolfocker
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 06, 2006
coolfocker wrote:people from south remain the same...but people from places like bombay etc change bigtime...the whole lifestyle and behaviour changes...out here indian chics adapt themselves to mcuh better lifestyle...basically itz got a very chilled out life compared to india..and everything out here is just too amazing...cars,clothes,food,everything...i dont know whether indians are liked here or what...though i wanted to know if indians are liked in any part of the world or not...hehehe

And where exactly are you from focker?
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 08, 2006
u cannot judge the whole nation or a city this way, ppl are ppl, humane being does not represent the whole country or even a city, it is all personal and depends on the background of the particular person, do not know why ask this kinda questions, there is never a straight answer to this, only waste of time
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat