Transfer Money From Bank In UAE To Bank In USA

Topic locked
transfer money from bank in UAE to bank in USA Jul 25, 2009
What's the percentage rate of processing fee that will be charged for the wire transfer? Thanks.

uaer
Dubai Forum User

Jul 25, 2009
er why don't you ask the bank?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 25, 2009
I am still in the US, and I don't know the practice of banks in UAE in this regard. Thank you for any input.
uaer
Dubai Forum User

Re: transfer money from bank in UAE to bank in USA Jul 25, 2009
uaer wrote:What's the percentage rate of processing fee that will be charged for the wire transfer? Thanks.

What you have to most careful of is the actual exchange rate they apply, the processing fee is generally minimal.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
Thanks. The reason I am asking is that I will have some credit card payment to make after I come to Dubai. I need to transfer some money from my UAE bank account to my USA bank account to make the payment.
uaer
Dubai Forum User

Jul 25, 2009
The cheapest way to do it would be to by a cheque at the bank or exchange shop and post it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
You mean a regular first-class mail sent to the credit card company in the USA? How long does it take to get there? Thanks.
uaer
Dubai Forum User

Jul 25, 2009
uaer wrote:You mean a regular first-class mail sent to the credit card company in the USA? How long does it take to get there? Thanks.

Air mail to USA maximum 7 days
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
Air mail from the USA, maximum time never.

How many letters with other people's PO box numbers have I found in my box over the years? I wonder how many uncivilised people find stuff in theirs and just dump it in the waste paper box. I've seen it done... :(

Also several times friends from the UK have said 'did you get my mail?' My answer..nope. One letter from France last year took over two months to arrive. Are you thinking 'don't automatically blame Emirates Post'? Ok, your choice.

My advice is don't ask people to post things to your PO box unless it's the only way.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Air mail from the USA, maximum time never.

How many letters with other people's PO box numbers have I found in my box over the years? I wonder how many uncivilised people find stuff in theirs and just dump it in the waste paper box. I've seen it done... :(

Also several times friends from the UK have said 'did you get my mail?' My answer..nope. One letter from France last year took over two months to arrive. Are you thinking 'don't automatically blame Emirates Post'? Ok, your choice.

My advice is don't ask people to post things to your PO box unless it's the only way.

He was actually looking to post something to the USA.

As far as the local postal service is concerned I think your post is rather slanted, I have been using my own P.O. Box for years and I have found relatively few peoblems with the system.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
Yes, and my comment was about sending things into the UAE. I can read, thanks.

My post is not slanted, I am talking from years of experence also. So how is it slanted.

You are the one ignoring facts. If your PO box is operated in a better way than the ones in JAFZA then I'm happy for you, but please don't paint such a rosy picture for people. I regularly have to push other people's mail back into the post room because those post office jokers can't or won't bother to read numbers correctly.

:roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Yes, and my comment was about sending things into the UAE. I can read, thanks.

My post is not slanted, I am talking from years of experence also. So how is it slanted.

You are the one ignoring facts. If your PO box is operated in a better way than the ones in JAFZA then I'm happy for you, but please don't paint such a rosy picture for people. I regularly have to push other people's mail back into the post room because those post office jokers can't or won't bother to read numbers correctly.

:roll:

Once again I believe you are exagerating what can be a simple error, I collect my post at Karama and have very few problems. That is not a ropsy picture it is the simple truth.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
It's a simple error which is committed many times by sorting staff. Exactly my point. I am not exaggerating.

I have no experience of PO boxes in Karama. I presume there are many less boxes in your location than at JAFZA...therefore less opportunity for sloppy and lazy sorting...please take a hint my friend.

You might remember that the truth is subjective except in pure mathematics (and some people would even dispute that).

Let's let it lie....

:?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum