Abu Dhabi

Topic locked
Abu Dhabi Sep 14, 2006
Well yes Im in UAE for over a year now but I havent been to Abu Dhabi...

So please be nice and just mention the good place to visit there :lol:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 14, 2006
you should at least visit the 7 emirates once to have a look around. RAK is a nice place, alot of mountains there. Abu dhabi is nice also, traffic is smooth there.

you should try to go to the cities like alain, khor fakan and hatta. Beautiful places to camp and have a picinic
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
Bleakus wrote:you should at least visit the 7 emirates once to have a look around. RAK is a nice place, alot of mountains there. Abu dhabi is nice also, traffic is smooth there.

you should try to go to the cities like alain, khor fakan and hatta. Beautiful places to camp and have a picinic

***Note:

Bleak I didnt mentioned other emirates as Ive been there or Im not interested to go there....wanna mention beautiful spots in ABU DHABI? aside from the palace? and the beach? :?:
zam

Sep 14, 2006
zam wrote:
Bleakus wrote:you should at least visit the 7 emirates once to have a look around. RAK is a nice place, alot of mountains there. Abu dhabi is nice also, traffic is smooth there.

***Note:

Bleak I didnt mentioned other emirates as Ive been there or Im not interested to go there....wanna mention beautiful spots in ABU DHABI? aside from the palace? and the beach? :?:

i think thats it, the corniche and thats it....didnt like that place much
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
Abu Dhabi can be a real nice getway from the craziness of dubai every once in a while. For people in AD 5 cars behind each other is a "traffic jam" haha .. You can go all around the city in a cab for 5dhs. The beaches are for sure nicer than anything in Dubai. Intercon is my favorite but if your looking for a public beach Ras Al Akhdar next to Emirates Palace is a nice one. Emirates Palace itself is an awesome hotel to check out its Abu Dhabi's equivlant of Burj Al Arab and in my opinion much nicer than the Burj with more character.

Other than that there isnt much to do in AD really, its very family oriented city with two big malls (Abu Dhabi Mall and Marina Mall). Marina Mall is owned by same group that owns City Center and Mall of the Emirates so expect a similarity in the shops.

The corniche and water break (where Marina mall is located) is a nice area for a cruise in the car or a walk/jog in the winter.

A new area in Abu Dhabi that is being developed to be a tourist destination is Al Raha Beach which is outside of the main Island of Abu Dhabi you pass it as you are on your way to AD from Dubai. There is a mall and chalet's on the beach. Havent been there personally but heard good things about them.

Another cool thing to check out in AD is the Island of Sir Bani Yas which is off the coast of the capital and its a natural conservatory where wild animals live and you can go on tours and there is a hotel you can stay at.

Thats all i can think of for now.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
Just in case you are referring to the Emirate of Abu Dhabi instead of just the city I'd also recommend checking out Al Ain, some nice museums,zoo, and Jebal Hafeet are all worth a gander.

Enjoy your time there.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 14, 2006
there is also a nice restaraunt in AD, i believe its Shamyaat ( its a palestinian restaraunt i believe). nice decor and nice food...but then again, i love that kind of food so i might be bias
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
Shamyaat ????? you must be kidding me .. i know 3 people who got food poisining eating at the place.

If you want good arabic food get it at Zahret Lebnan best shawerma in the UAE !!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Shamyaat ????? you must be kidding me .. i know 3 people who got food poisining eating at the place.

If you want good arabic food get it at Zahret Lebnan best shawerma in the UAE !!!

oh well the last time i was in the emirates it was a good place to go...perhaps they got worse over time. god damn them.

and zahret lebnan..this is in ad or dxb?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
Zahret Lebnan is in Abu Dhabi .. in Khalidiya behind the Abu Dhabi Commerical Bank branch.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
What is that round structure located close to the water and next to the Marina in AD? It has beautiful tile corridors. It seems to be some time of performance (theather) or some kind of hall for events, etc. I've asked a few people including Dubai locals and no one knows what it is. Its at the end near the water, many people go to this end as a "look out spot".

?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
Last time i passed by it the sign said in Arabic its an Arts Centre and Theatre. I am not sure if its open though.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 08, 2007
bushra21 wrote:there is also a nice restaraunt in AD, i believe its Shamyaat ( its a palestinian restaraunt i believe). nice decor and nice food...but then again, i love that kind of food so i might be bias
HELLO JUST ADDING THERE IS ONE MORE RESTAURANT WITH NAME OF sultan rest. WHAT A TASTE THEY HAVE YAMMMY YAMMY really...
rana79
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 15, 2008
MaaaD wrote:Zahret Lebnan is in Abu Dhabi .. in Khalidiya behind the Abu Dhabi Commerical Bank branch.

that place makes my life a happy place

stay the hell away from shameyat in AD

i live in AD - and i honestly have no idea how you people live in dubai, so much easier to live and get around here, not much to do, but im not here to exactly go out and have fun.... i had australia all my life offering me that.

AD is getting busier though, since my first visit i think traffic has doubled :(
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2008
ebonics wrote:
i live in AD - and i honestly have no idea how you people live in dubai, so much easier to live and get around here, not much to do, but im not here to exactly go out and have fun.... i had australia all my life offering me that.

AD is getting busier though, since my first visit i think traffic has doubled :(

I totally agree with you on that, Dubai is way overrated. I think the Properties in Abu Dhabi are much nicer, and the general lifestyle is much more relaxed. Dubai is just abit to much OTT for my liking.

Whats so bad about shameyat, btw? jus curious
MikeyP
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 21, 2008
The journey of Dubai began way back in the nineteenth century whereby Dubai set off on the road to development through the trade of gold and pearls. In mid twentieth century, the rich oil resources of the emirate were discovered. And with them, Dubai was on the fast track to emerge on the international scene as a future world-city.
Thomas Steve
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 26, 2008
Friend, Am also in AD for the last one and half year. But its our bad luck that AD have not much places worth a visit. Its better for you to do this: for weekends and holidays if you have any friends or relatives in other emirates just join with them especially Dubai, Fujairah etc.. There is a lot of things to have fun. And unfortunately AD has nothing to be watched!

TOM
tomjerry0506
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 02, 2008
Anyone can advise me, (please, and thanks) which is the cheaper place: apartment, food etc.; is it Abu dhabi or Dubai?
arn
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 02, 2008
Food the same.
Dubai apartments cheaper from what I hear, and there's more availability.
bonk

Dec 30, 2008
sharjah is very cool check that out
rsflash
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2008
it is not so busy as abu dhabi
rsflash
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 25, 2009
I have written of Abu Dhabi on visit-abudhabi.co.uk . We went there on a Costa cruise, but only for a day.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 15, 2009
I mention both Abu Dhabi and Dubai in my visit-dubai.co.uk .

I thought that Abu Dhabi was fine for a visit...... but we were only there for a day on a Costa cruise through the Arabian Gulf.

However, I also accept that apart from shopping and lazing on beaches, there is not a great deal to do in Abu Dhabi compared to Dubai.

AD looked clean and the Corniche area was very smart. I suppose that if you take up boating or golf , there are some activities .

As for shopping, did you see some of the good value jewellery on
gold-jewellery.net ?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
I would love to visit Abu Dhabi
keyquest
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 22, 2009
Liwa oasis and also the highest sanddune is somewhere in abu dhabi
senorita
Dubai Forum Visitor