Trend Of Rents In Dubai After Recession

Topic locked
Trend of rents in Dubai after recession Jul 22, 2009
Are the rents decreasing in Dubai?
We are planning to move into a 2 bedroom flat in burdubai.What would be the ideal rent in this area?

senorita
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 27, 2009
The rents have decreased dramatically in past months - though there are some signs that this may have tailed off a bit of late. Having said that - I cannot predict the future and who knows if they will be slashed again?.....

In terms of cost, it all depends on what you want, and what is your budget?

But, in Bur dubai you will probably be looking in the region of 75 -100k per year. Try a building called Seaview Building - overlooking the creek, on the road behind the British Embassy, near the roundabout by Bastakia (I think the 3rd building along the road - cream coloured, and a storey or 2 higher than the others). I lived there with my family for a couple of years - get a flat on one of the higher floors (5 or 6) at the front with a view of the creek and you wont regret it. (Decent Landlord who runs the building directly rather than through an agent).

Consider other areas maybe - the rents in New Dubai have fallen more dramatically than the older areas due to oversupply and often have much better facilities.
imadi
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 14, 2009
Just wait for few more monthis to get a clear picture.. many new communities like the ones in mirdiff are gonna be ready.. so prices are expected to come down...
weekendtips
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai